DAN C4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
1. Q4 2022
2. I do not plan to sell on Marketplaces like Amzon and Newegg because this basicly means I sell it by myself. Only through real resellers.

My Resellers:
CASEKING.DE - does ship to all EU Countries
OVERCLOCKERS.CO.UK - does ship to nearly every country in the world
PCCASEGEAR.COM - does ship to Australia
DIRAC.CO.JP- does ship to Japan
W360M - does ship to nearly every country in the world

3. sry I cant help you with that.

Last edited:

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
@D90: From a aesthetically point of view i think a 4 slot C4 would be look nicer because of the better ratio between height and width. It will let the the case look more slim.

But if you really looking into the 4 slot plus class i am working on a mATX case with LianLi that does support 4.5Slot, ATX psu and 360 AIO in ~19l. This beast will handle these 1000W load systems.
Hi Dan, Do you still plan to create a separate thread for the MATX case after the Lian Li expo on the 30th?

gamadaya

Case Bender
New User
Jun 23, 2022
So realistically, assuming the 420W TDP is final, what are the chances that the C4 will be able to handle an RTX 4080? I wish the world didn't go insane with TDP after I got my A4.

Reactions: D90

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
So realistically, assuming the 420W TDP is final, what are the chances that the C4 will be able to handle an RTX 4080? I wish the world didn't go insane with TDP after I got my A4.
Hopefully Dan has a 3090ti laying around to validate that!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Small update:

- Production look like samples with carton, logos, sticker s.o are in the making for reviewers
- Laboratory tests are in the making for CE
- Manual is nearly done
- EU registration for carton and e-waste are in the making
- Professional picture shooting is planed

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
@dondan please answer these questions:
1. I see Noctua CPU cooler in the second post. Do the sticky-out metal tubes conflict with the side panel? Which Noctua CPU coolers are compatible?
2. Do you use Corsair Dominator RAM with Noctua CPU cooler? Is there any problem with space by using this RAM?

Thanks for honesty

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Only VLP does allow for two 120mm fans on the D12L. If you use Dominator you can only use on fan.
Thanks for the info/answers, buddy. I assume you are referring to the 2nd CPU fan rather than the side panel fan. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Couple more questions for CPU coolers:

1. Can you please try Noctua NH-U12A and report if it fits?

2. Can you please confirm that be quiet! BK031 Dark Rock TF 2 fits?

3. Did you use Be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2 or Noctua C14S in the promo images on the website by setting two Noctua fans on the side panel? Which Noctua fan model did you use for the side panel? https://take.ms/4r1pj

Yeah, I've seen the recommended list of heatsinks, but may you could confirm/expand the list more?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

def

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2020
A NH-U12A never fits when you use panels...

Just use a D12L and enjoy the inner peace. I think these promo images are "just" renders.

Reactions: Igor_B

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
A NH-U12A never fits when you use panels...

Just use a D12L and enjoy the inner peace. I think these promo images are "just" renders.

Thank you, my friend. I'm thinking if EKWB 280 AIO is better than

1) Noctua NH-U12A + 1 fan on a side radiator panel
2) Noctua NH-C14S + 2 fans on a side panel
3) be quiet! BK031 Dark Rock TF 2 (if compatible) + 2 fans on a side panel

Interesting to know the experts' knowledge here

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I assume you are referring to the 2nd CPU fan rather than the side panel fan. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Yes I do. I check it again it it look like it will also fit with LP-Ram (32mm height) if you do not use the aio bracket. So VLP (18mm height) is only required for second fan if you like to also use the aio bracket with a extra 140mm side mounted fan.

1. Can you please try Noctua NH-U12A and report if it fits?

It will not fit. 145mm is the max for CPU heatsink height. The U12A is 158mm. The D12L is 145mm and the biggest tower heatsink that will fit. It is nearly as good as the U12A.
2. Can you please confirm that be quiet! BK031 Dark Rock TF 2 fits?

It will fit

Did you use Be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2 or Noctua C14S in the promo images on the website by setting two Noctua fans on the side panel? Which Noctua fan model did you use for the side panel? https://take.ms/4r1pj

These fans does not exists in the rendering but you can fit any 140mm or 120mm fan with a height of 25mm on the C14S or TF2.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
I am really looking forward to this case, as I plan on doing my first water cooled build in it. Dual 280mm Rads, etc. I'll be transistioning from my NCase M1 v6.1. Which is currently stock, and not water cooled. I couldn't water cool that case anyways because I have TUF 3090 and all the water blocks are to tall. The EK-Quantum Vector is 148.40mm tall, Bykski = 147.91mm (full back/front coverage), both look like they're to tall to fit in the C4 as well?

I may have to just try and sell this card and get a reference model since I know most of the FE water blocks are smaller, and have options for the ports to be at rear of the card which might make it easier to do my first water cool build.

But I'm patiently waiting for this case to come out.

Dampfbox

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Alphacool with ultra slim 280 radiatos
Please elaborate on the dual 280 rad possibilities since this is not clear from the original post.

Starting post says "Max configuration: 325x140x45 + 140x140x25 fans", so I thought there is no need for slim fans or slim radiators.
What prevents me from using dual 280 (30mm thickness) radiators with regular fans (25mm thickness)?

Thank you!