DAN C4-SFX

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Dan, can you read my thoughts and create a perfect case that I don't describe to you? It needs to fit an E-ATX board, 360mm Radiator with push and pull fans, 400mm 4-Slot GPU, hold my soda, support 200mm tall coolers, cost less than $50, and be less than 12L?

ironwilly

Chassis Packer
Mar 15, 2020
Dan, can you read my thoughts and create a perfect case that I don't describe to you? It needs to fit an E-ATX board, 360mm Radiator with push and pull fans, 400mm 4-Slot GPU, hold my soda, support 200mm tall coolers, cost less than $50, and be less than 12L?

Hold the soda ?? You went too far there! Impossible!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricky and Arboreal

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Any chance you will edit the GPU specs to accommodate longer then 300mm if you decide to go with a 280mm AIO ? Not many 3080/3090s AIB compatibility.

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The specs on the first page are related to the first sample. The new version will be nearly 12L have support for:

318mm long gpu up to 3 Slot
Support for up to 2* 280 radiator
fixed it for you. whilst you're here maybe update the 1st post also? that would help new people to not be confused ?

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
So 3090 FE could fit with classic mount
Nope, it would not (3090FE is 138mm high):
GPU support for both layouts:

• Width: Triple slot ( up to 65mm )
  • Length: 320mm length
  • Classic height: up to 131mm (power socket has to be 18mm lower or 10mm if you use low profile 180° power turn)
  • Sandwich height: up to 165mm (power socket has to be 18mm lower or 10mm if you use low profile 180° power turn)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@dondan how would you feel about replacing the push-pin mechanism with a slide-in like LytCase Rogue (Lian-li is also going to be the OEM).

Users will not have to deal with broken clips and no need for spare parts like with the M1. And with the slide-in side panels, the space at the bottom of the case can possibly support square 140mm fans and 280mm radiator again? Cheers!

Reactions: jaeparku and Navic

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
This would require to make the case out of steel and not aluminum, because you cant anodize different materials. Every future case including the next batch of A4-SFX will include 10 extra clips. Fun fact i never was able to broke a single clip while some customers was able to brake many of these. I think you have to follow two rules: Do it with a case heated up to room temperature (it could be very cold due the shipping process) remove it from the inside to outside. (Press it together from the inside and push it out)

Furthermore a clip would cost in production $0.2 including punching the hole while these pem fasteners + blind hole will costs ~ $1.2 for each. For the C4 every side needs 6 of them and the top 4 so a total number of 16 clips. So the price is $3.2 vs. $19.2

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@dondan thank you for sharing! very insightful as always. Personally I haven't experienced broken clips on my A4 so I'm more curious about the space saving from removing the clips.

*back to lurking mode*

Reactions: Arboreal

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
@dondan I have a quick question. I am planning on buying an hard drive and want to future proof it and use it when the Dan C4 comes out. I know it says the case can hold up to 3 2.5 inch HDD/SSD, but there are 15mm and 7mm 2.5 hard drives. If it can hold 15mm 2.5 inch drive, I will get a 5tb Seagate, if not, I will have to settle for the 7mm 2tb Seagate. Thank You in advance!

Ghillie

Caliper Novice
Feb 25, 2020
The NH-U9S chromax has finally come out this morning and I need to upgrade my cooler asap since my stock wraith stealth is dying. I know the C4 is listed as having 125mm of cooler clearance like the U9S and dan used a U9S himself, but can I just check that the tops of the heat pipes won't be touching the glass panel?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
So I had written off this case as not fitting my needs months back when it only supported a single radiator, and had more or less settled on getting a CM NR200 despite it not being that small. Now all of a sudden I see this has grown just a tad, and suddenly it's looking pretty close to the perfect case!

Just to confirm, @dondan: I have an EK PE 240mm (38mm thick), an Aquanaut CPU block+pump, I'll likely be getting some form of Radeon RX 6800 (XT?) with whatever water block lets me fit that in a single slot, and I'll be wanting to add a second 240 or 280mm rad. Am I right in thinking I could make this work, with my PE 240 in the bottom with 15mm fans, and a < 30mm 240 or 280 on the side? And will there be room for QDCs in there too?

If this is right, I'll be wanting to buy one of these at some point in the future. Likely won't have the budget for it until close to the summer, though given the lack of any availability date that doesn't seem like it would be an issue.