DAN C4-SFX

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
I've been checking in on this thread every few weeks for quite a while. I think this case (as long as the previous design language will be continued) is going to be the best looking ITX case on the market. That prototype looked SO good. I respect the choices in changing the internal layout, although I did see NCASE-like hardware compatibility in only 10.8 liters as a major selling point. I hope this case can come to fruition soon. Good luck with further prototypes and godspeed!

Reactions: Ricky and Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I'm looking forward to going back to a SFF main rig. My problem was that I needed a top tier CPU and GPU. None of the 3080s fit in my Cerberus with a front mount 280mm radiator with 25mm fans. I've had my fill of buzzy thin fans. So I had to move to a full size, albeit not massive, Silverstone Seta. This case solves all of my issues. 280mm AIO with 25mm fans. Full size GPU. Excellent build quality.

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
@dondan When do you think you will be able to have it for sale? Are you going to offer WorldWide distribution or we have to buy it from https://www.caseking.de/ ?
Sorry if it's a clown move for me to speak for him, but he's mentioned several times that he's not ready to give out a timeframe right now. Especially considering the redesign. I'm not sure if worldwide distribution was mentioned yet though, I'd bet it's safe to assume there will be.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
For the C4 the resellers will be the same as for the A4-SFX. So yes WorldWide shipping.

OcUK (nearly World Wide)
Caseking (Europe)
W360M (World Wide)
Dirac (Japan)

Last edited:

Theai

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Sorry if it's a clown move for me to speak for him, but he's mentioned several times that he's not ready to give out a timeframe right now. Especially considering the redesign. I'm not sure if worldwide distribution was mentioned yet though, I'd bet it's safe to assume there will be.
Normally the first post capture all the details (for visibility purposes). Did not see anything there!. IMO if multiple people keep asking the same question, will be nice to add a section on the first post for recurrent questions.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Looking forward to getting 2 of these. Need one for my main, and one for my HTPC.

Reactions: Kundahli

Boxboxboxnow

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 28, 2020
Just made an account to say I'm very much interested. I'll build a new computer soon and then transfer to this case as soon as release.
Just wondered how the RTX 3070 FE airflow would work in this case

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Just made an account to say I'm very much interested. I'll build a new computer soon and then transfer to this case as soon as release.
Just wondered how the RTX 3070 FE airflow would work in this case

Edited because I was incorrect:

It's (NOT) a standard axial cooler so pretty much (NOT) the same as any other card. (SOME OF) The hot air would be dumped back into the case (THE SAME AS THE 3080). An exhaust would help remove it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boxboxboxnow

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
It's a standard axial cooler so pretty much the same as any other card. The hot air would be dumped back into the case. An exhaust would help remove it.
This is not correct. It has the same airflow design as the 3080, but since it's so short, there wasn't enough room to shrink the PCB to allow for the fan to be on the back side of the card, so they are both on the front of it. The air still primarily flows through the backplate of the card and out the PCIe brackets.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
This is not correct. It has the same airflow design as the 3080, but since it's so short, there wasn't enough room to shrink the PCB to allow for the fan to be on the back side of the card, so they are both on the front of it. The air still primarily flows through the backplate of the card and out the PCIe brackets.

Yep. Navic is correct and I had bad info. It is a short PCB with pass through. Thank you for the correction because you just saved me a purchase that wouldn’t have worked.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I think will be fine because only half (and not the worst part) will be directed to inside the case

Bad news. This morning Optimum Tech just tested the FE 3080 in a Ghost S1 and it was a disaster. The Ncase M1 did fine though.

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Bad news. This morning Optimum Tech just tested the FE 3080 in a Ghost S1 and it was a disaster. The Ncase M1 did fine though.
Well, I guess we at least know that founders cards will perform great in the classic layout of the C4. The classic layout is the one I prefer anyway, so I'm pretty happy about that. Who knows, maybe these flow-through designs will become industry standard. They seem pretty effective.