DAN C4-SFX

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
The changes sound great. Can't wait to see the new case!

Going to unsubscribe from this thread for now though as it seems like this case is a way off from release yet, and I've just ordered an NR200. I'll check back from time to time to see if there's any news.

ReturnedSword

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2018
Thank you @dondan for considering my request for the front I/O!

While I would prefer not "wasting" a front USB Type-A port, I would still be happy with your suggestion. I have no expectation that this front I/O request will make it into your final v1.0 of the C4. It is your project after all and everyone should respect that instead of demanding. However if you can somehow work in the front I/O it would be much appreciated!

Ghillie

Caliper Novice
Feb 25, 2020
Awesome to hear there's hopefully going to be support for my strix card, I forgot to consider case limitations when I bought mine :(
Hope the break from forums wasn't as a result of negative reactions @dondan glad you're back

Aleksander

Trash Compacter
Jul 16, 2020
@dondan If the case is made wider to allow for an bottom mounted 280 AIO, would this mean that it is enough space to deshroud an 2,7 slot gpu like Asus Dual (58mm thick) in vertical position?

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
@All: The last 4 weeks I took a break from forum work. I thought a lot about the C4-SFX and already startet to make changes on the drawing to support 280 AIO in sandwich and in classic layout :) I think the new revision will peak out at 11.2L - 11.5L. I will give you more details as soon as possible.

Funny to see: If you read the last pages and saw Optimums Twitter poll you see it is the right decision to made a case that does support sandwich or classic layout in one product. There are so many supporters on both sides.

Here are some answers to all the questions in the last weeks:

Thank you for your feedback I also though about this. I think of adding 3mm to the width (from 148mm to 151mm) than the strix cards will fit and also these traditional water block:

Phanteks Glacier (120mm)
Corsair Hydro X (121mm)
Watercool Heatkiller IV (118mm)
Alphacool Eisblock (120mm)

Hi dondan

Awesome work to support a 280mm rad and have some options for the waterblocks. You could always increase width by a bit more if it means more compatability with high end GPUs and waterblocks as I think being able to support 280mm rad (effectivelly equivallent to a 360mm rad) would really be awesome for those of us who want to watercool the CPU and GPU but still have options to have a high end quiet aircooled GPU.

E T

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2020
It's great to know future revision will include support for 3 slot GPU! Just make sure the height and width are catered for based on popular 3 slot GPU ie. Strix/Aorus Extreme. Can't wait to see the final design!

JtotheK

Case Bender
New User
Jun 14, 2019
Keep up the work @dondan! ?

Look is changing more often than I change my underear, nevertheless I can't wait to hold that final C4 in my hands ?

Until today I am impressed from your A4-SFX.

QuattroSportGmbH

Efficiency Noob
Jan 31, 2020
3 slot gpu, 280 aio, initial C4 design in an ~11L volume. While some will be disenchanted as it does not fit into their SFF orthodoxy, I would assert that these plans fulfill a need (and strong desire) within the SFF market.

I say “initial” C4 design, as “old” is hardly applicable to what is a superlative external design.

I have been following this case for a very long time, and I can say that the current plans you’ve laid out make me most excited of any, thus far. Great work, Dan. Looking forward to a prototype!

Cheerio

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2019
3 slot GPU support sounds like a wise decision given that next gen GPUs will likely be >300W.

I’m loving the direction this is taking - will definitely upgrade from my A4-SFX if this is available before December.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Those pictures about the prototype look really promising. It has also a belly button:)

I hope that the A4-SFX's new incarnation (if there'll be any) will also get a 2-3 extra milimeters on the gpu side as well in order to mount a 20mm radiator with a 25mm fan that's now dedicated for static pressure.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
3 slot gpu, 280 aio, initial C4 design in an ~11L volume. While some will be disenchanted as it does not fit into their SFF orthodoxy, I would assert that these plans fulfill a need (and strong desire) within the SFF market.

I say “initial” C4 design, as “old” is hardly applicable to what is a superlative external design.

I have been following this case for a very long time, and I can say that the current plans you’ve laid out make me most excited of any, thus far. Great work, Dan. Looking forward to a prototype!

3 slot GPU is a welcome change, but 280 aio radiator support is like niche for the niche and ended up raising volume of the case even more. Kinda disappointed with trying to make the case support everything. What's next? ATX PSU support and raise the case volume by another 2 liters? 3.5 HDD support and raise another liter? Optical drive support and raise another Liter? The voices in this thread are enthusiasts who like watercooling. Majority of the people air-cool.

Thorup

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 19, 2020
Thanks for the update Dan.

Do you mean this one?

That was by far my favorite iteration aesthetically. I really liked the trapezoid cutout in the glass panel and the flat vs rounded front panel. Had a hint of aggressiveness without being over the top and still feeling refined. Side io meshes well with the overall design IMO, so I'm glad to hear you are leaning that way.

Gotta agree with you here, this outward design was what first got me interested in the C4.
Though now i'm excited for the internal design

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
3 slot GPU is a welcome change, but 280 aio radiator support is like niche for the niche and ended up raising volume of the case even more. Kinda disappointed with trying to make the case support everything. What's next? ATX PSU support and raise the case volume by another 2 liters? 3.5 HDD support and raise another liter? Optical drive support and raise another Liter? The voices in this thread are enthusiasts who like watercooling. Majority of the people air-cool.
Stop being dramatic. Dan is not going to add support for things if they increase the size of the case and add essentially no benefit (ATX power supplies and 3.5" drives). If 280mm radiator support barely adds anything to the overall footprint of the case and gives me a bit of extra performance, then I see it as a welcome feature.

QuattroSportGmbH

Efficiency Noob
Jan 31, 2020

I suppose it is not neatly fitting into your SFF dogma. Are you aiming to prove my point? Proposing that ATX, optical drive, and 3.5 HDD support are around the corner, with the accordant volume increases, is to be a bit obtuse.

Respectfully, I do not follow the logic that AIOs and custom loops are irrelevant simply due to a majority of pc enthusiasts air cooling.

DigiAngel

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 21, 2020
Hi Dan, i am first gen A4 User. Sold my trusty watercooled and overclocked i7 2600k and 780 GTX system back then for a 6700T/ geforce 960 itx system. the a4 was small enough to have basicaly the same performance in a small footprint, which was perfect when visiting my girlfriend and parents. i just threw it into my backpack and had displays and stuff already setup on each location, where i could work for several days without interuption.

fast forward, and i dont need the system to travel so frequently with me anymore.

but i need more cpu power for video editing and rendering (3950x power), but dont want to go full ATX again. the c4 would be perfect for the new system if it would allow an air cooled setup, because i dont really like AIOs in a workstation for their cheapish and sometimes unreliable nature. hope this project comes forward.

ich würde gern wieder ein dan cases gehäuse kaufen :)
grüße aus leipzig

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
No need to change ncase m1 for ncase m1 dan edition.
Also, do not forget to add 360 rad support, it is must have, for sure.
Except this isn't an Ncase clone, it has a few features that distance itself from the M1. The Dan has vertical GPU support, and using the side radiator bracket, you can deshroud a GPU and have proper mounting for the fans. Also, this has 280mm radiator support (or it's at least being looked into). And the biggest difference is the looks and design of the case, which could be enough for certain people to choose this over the Ncase. Personally, I don't like the look of the Ncase, and I would much rather have this Dan case because it looks better to me.

Just because there is already a case similar to another, doesn't mean there isn't room for innovation and different ideas. The more options, the better, we shouldn't settle for just one thing.