Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I lean towards this:

warspitebattleship

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2020
Very nice.
Lian Li has superb semisphere aluminum feets. I grabbed them from my tu100 and use with louqe instead of trash rubber domes which fell apart.
They are invisible, premium, stylish and compact.
Also i would prefer power button on back of case. To keep front panel clean. And maybe type c in top cover. Also no problem with no usb at front for me.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@warspitebattleship Yes I know these feets I used them on the first revision of the A4-SFX. But on later revision I switched to rubber ones because the aluminum ones had zero grip. So the case will slide over the desk while press the power button.

emadshaabani

Efficiency Noob
Aug 28, 2019
@dondan Just one thought. Would it be possible to move the backside upp a bit to cleare some more space under the graphics card (when vertically mouted) so there will be room for thicker radiator fans on the bottom?
Please see my example picture:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
That latest update looks great thanks Daniel.
Plenty of airflow through those bottom vents compared to my NCase M1 v5, and the all 'circular' exterior vent holes look is good and cohesive.
Definite thumbs up form me for sticking with the contrasting top panel on the silver case.
I like the look of the power button and front USB that gives some interest to the super clean front panel

Reactions: dondan

Burnin

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2020
Hi Dan !
I've been lurking around this post for a while now and I really like your work.

I'm leaning toward Arboreal point of view. Compared to the slot holes, the circular vent holes on the top panel looks more cohesive and better in my opinion.
Combined with the black color, the silver chassis looks really good and give the case a premium look.
When it comes to the front of the case, the type C option is the one I'll go for but I also like the version with the 'DAN' inscription.

I might have missed the information but for exterior material, is it going to be a brushed aluminum look or anodized ?

In the end a great update !

Reactions: Arboreal and dondan

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@warspitebattleship It is an part of one of LianLi's supplier. I do not have the part number for this item.
@Burnin: For the left, right and front panel it will be brushed anodized. (maybe I will test sandblasted but I think the extra charges are high in Taiwan) For the top panel I will try powder coating.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Wait, are those 2.5" drive mounts under the removeable front panel???
That's the first I've seen of that aspect...

@thelaughingman .Good question, I was thinking the same when I looked at teh new drawings.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@thelaughingman: There will be no cover. So if you plan to carry yours system around I do not recomend to use the 180° flip orientation.
Adding a extra aluminum plate that could be used just for this use-case is not an option. So for me the only option is a covering zone with sloted vent holes that is part of the current panel. It can't be over the complete length because there are zones that you need to access e.g. power supply and mITX 8pin ESP power socket.

But I think we should not focus on this because this read zone will it make harder assembly the case.

@Arboreal: You install the drives from the inside on the plate behind the front panel. So there is no need to remove it.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@thelaughingman: There will be no cover. So if you plan to carry yours system around I do not recomend to use the 180° flip orientation.
Adding a extra aluminum plate that could be used just for this use-case is not an option. So for me the only option is a covering zone with sloted vent holes that is part of the current panel. It can't be over the complete length because there are zones that you need to access e.g. power supply and mITX 8pin ESP power socket.

But I think we should not focus on this because this read zone will it make harder assembly the case.

@Arboreal: You install the drives from the inside on the plate behind the front panel. So there is no need to remove it.

@dondan Thanks for clarifying both questions so quickly.
Covering the red area is a difficult call, access/assembly vs protection underneath when 'flipped'.
Your standard top/bottom design principle is no different to the M1, other than the M1 can't be 'flipped'; so adding the red part would help those using the 'flipped' option.
How many people will do this and need bottom protection? I take my M1 to LAN night regularly, so an open underneath may be a worry in transit.
That said, there is no problem to me using the standard orientation.

That reminds me that I MUST post a photo of my M1 travel accessory...