DAN C4-SFX

Jeydub

Cable Smoosher
Oct 28, 2018
Assuming the prototypes are flawless and everything is as you want (which I know isn’t realistic) do you have a roadmap ahead as far as production and sales?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Assuming the prototypes are flawless and everything is as you want (which I know isn’t realistic) do you have a roadmap ahead as far as production and sales?
We will probably never get an actual roadmap because Dan doesn't want to promise something that won't happen. This is the only "roadmap" we will get.
Next Steps
  • Make a Prototype
  • Create the manual
  • Test the prototype
  • Reviews
  • Update media material
  • CE-Validation
  • Release
If you want to know why, this is probably why (DAN liked it so I assume it's correct):
I'm not trying to speak for DAN, but I think that he doesn't want to give out any predictions because he doesn't want to get people's hopes up and then crush them when there's delays. Judging by the last thread and from the Sidearmd thread, nothing goes to plan, and giving predictions for production and such (especially at this stage, I don't even think he has a prototype) is useless, because they are going to change and just gives false hope. These projects take a while, follow it and wait. If you need something now, get it, and when this comes out, you could sell that case and get this one.
TL;DR: Don't expect actual dates from DAN

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeydub

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It looks like tempered glass will be not possible. So I think it will be black tinted acrylic glass.

Reactions: Theai

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is a side by side renderin of the A4-SFX and C4-SFX:

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Looking at the latest rendering I can assume that you are opting for Power Button on the Top-Front and no USB-C right?

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
I know some people are unhappy about the C4 being too similar to the M1 in layout, but I love my Ghost S1 and I would absolutely jump at the chance to buy a Ghost S2 with a non-sandwich layout. I would love bigger air coolers and taller RAM in the Ghost, and the C4 allows for this.

Reactions: Arboreal

Theai

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
I know some people are unhappy about the C4 being too similar to the M1 in layout, but I love my Ghost S1 and I would absolutely jump at the chance to buy a Ghost S2 with a non-sandwich layout. I would love bigger air coolers and taller RAM in the Ghost, and the C4 allows for this.
Air coolers won’t do it, if you are housing high performance CPUs. Water cooling is a must! .

IMO This case provides the best compromise Small Factor , and capable to support 240s with enough room for all your cables and component.

I dont Want to buy a tiny case that can host a low performance cpu/gpu and another case for high end components. This case will allow me to keep everything there and gradually move to a high end system.

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Don't get me wrong but for myself I would say there is nothing really special on the pro side. Okay you save about 2 liter on the volume size comparing M1 but therefore you could built a system with a small matx board and have 3 pcie slots.

What else makes it way different than the M1?

Owners of a M1 one wouldn't switch in my opinion just for the option of less volume or sandwich.

A nice Point which I like is easy getting your cases in Europe. (if restocked) There is no need about calculating customs or things like that.
IMO if you want to reach those in Europe who won't have a M1 yet then you are on a good way but for everything else is this case 2 years to late in this big tank of 10 to 13 liter cases.

Reactions: Aluminyum

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
In my opinion this C4 concept is substantially better looking than the Ncase M1.
If this case is similar internally or size wise to the M1 I don't think that matters one iota. Most computer cases, most cars et cetera share great similarities.

These boutique cases are expensive, and for me a luxury item. To justify the price to myself I want a compact good looking case, which this concept appears to be. I've backed the Mjolnir for those same reasons.

Happy to see the C4 has been revived and although I loved the original look I am looking forward to see how the C4 progresses & hopefully getting hold of one.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Result of the Survey.

At first, I like to thank everyone that was part of the survey. The interest was very high and I didn’t expect so many votes. Thank you for that. With this survey I tried to determine what you prefer. This should help me by my decision on top-panel vent-style and the big question top i/o vs front i/o. Too bad this survey didn’t help me finding this answer. For both questions there was no real winner. This is why I made the decision to order two prototypes and different outer parts. I will make my decision based on real samples. I ordered both - the vent top panel and the slot top panel. These are the front designs that I ordered:

I ordered the top i/o without an USB-C port, because I wasn’t able to fit it without compromises for GPU compatibility while using the classical layout rotated 180°.

With best regards
Daniel