DAN C4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@SAMOT I think it should be possible to install two 120mm AIOs if you use the NZXT Kraken G12 for the GPU:

I will put this on the To-Do list for testing but I will do it in a later step after the primary testings.

Letros

Case Bender
New User
Apr 2, 2020
Hi Dan, love the case design. I looked at the listed specs and browsed your comments, but I can't find the exact allowed clearance (in mm) on the bottom for AIO + Fans. You say they must be slim fans though due to the motherboard. Thanks

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Waiting more information about this case. With this layout, i think more alternative can be done.

hmnzr

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019
Hi Dan! What is the weight of the prototype? Carrying my PC in the backpack often, lighter is better for me.

Burnin

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2020
@warspitebattleship It is an part of one of LianLi's supplier. I do not have the part number for this item.
@Burnin: For the left, right and front panel it will be brushed anodized. (maybe I will test sandblasted but I think the extra charges are high in Taiwan) For the top panel I will try powder coating.

Hi Dan,

After your answer I went ahead and did some quick rendering to see how it would all look like.
I used a 3D Model of a Ghost S1 that I modified a bit to get a lookalike of your work.
Brushed body / Painted top
Brushed body / Anodized brushed top
Fully painted

Personally I think that the mix between the painted top and brushed alu body gives the assembly a strange look.
Fully painted looks nicer In my opinion.

muSashi

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2019
Hi Dan,

After your answer I went ahead and did some quick rendering to see how it would all look like.
I used a 3D Model of a Ghost S1 that I modified a bit to get a lookalike of your work.
Fully painted

Personally I think that the mix between the painted top and brushed alu body gives the assembly a strange look.

The middle one looks amazing!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Hi Dan,

Fully painted

agree on the fully painted one being the best looking!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Same as above, I've never been a huge fan of brushed metal. Looks too cheap imo, it's why I never got an NCASE

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Just from the render, I like the fully painted version. I'd also imagine that it would open up the possibility of other colour choices at a more reasonable price. Perhaps options like black, white, or grey top panels, or a Barbie pink version that I would be forced to buy immediately for my girlfriend. Currently her next computer is "Anything from Razer in Quartz Pink".

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
For the outer parts I am not a big fan of Lian Li's painting that I use on the inner parts. This painting is not very scratch resistant while anodizing is. My current plan is to use brushed anodizing or blasted anodizing on the side and front and powder coat for the top.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
For the outer parts I am not a big fan of Lian Li's painting that I use on the inner parts. This painting is not very scratch resistant while anodizing is. My current plan is to use brushed anodizing or blasted anodizing on the side and front and powder coat for the top.

can concur that the painting on inner parts of the A4 scratches very easily. But recently I watched Gamers Nexus's factory tour of the painting factory that Lian Li uses for the Digital Storm Bolt cases and they look awesome and high quality too. Guess there's significant cost increase if the C4 uses it also?

The video for reference

Reactions: AlexTSG

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
Update:

Here are some shorts of the first C4-SFX prototype.

It is very important that you understand that this is more like a prototype of the prototype.

So based on this unit Lian Li and I will see problems that will be addressed for the final prototype. So, there will be some flaws or problems that you will see on this pictures that will be addressed on the next sample. Also things like the visual look of the power button, top vent holes style or the decision - top i/o or front i/o isn’t made.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel
How is the top panel shown in this prototype manufactured? Is it CNCd?

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
can concur that the painting on inner parts of the A4 scratches very easily. But recently I watched Gamers Nexus's factory tour of the painting factory that Lian Li uses for the Digital Storm Bolt cases and they look awesome and high quality too. Guess there's significant cost increase if the C4 uses it also?

That paint job looks fantastic, and they do mention that the factory does do low volume, high quality paint jobs.

I wonder how much this would cost compared to anodizing.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Burnin

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2020
Just from the render, I like the fully painted version. I'd also imagine that it would open up the possibility of other colour choices at a more reasonable price. Perhaps options like black, white, or grey top panels, or a Barbie pink version that I would be forced to buy immediately for my girlfriend. Currently her next computer is "Anything from Razer in Quartz Pink".
Yeah ! My thought exactly.
Giving that some people have been pointing that the case was some sort of a mix between the Ghost S1 and the Ncase M1 (which to me is a good thing when looking at the quality of these products), why not give yours something more ? Something that other brands doesn't offer ?

Although I would understand that the extra steps and risks coming with the process and logistics could be a pain.

Here are some colour mix: