DAN C4-SFX

Hoarst

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020
Sliger is a company so it should be easier for them to design new cases so it's not really comparable. And in my humble opinion their manufacturing quality and aesthetic is pretty ugly. They don't distribute their cases to shops so it's too expensive to get them in the EU.

Also this is a thread for the c4 and not for all the possible competitors so I think a different part of the forum should be used.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The new Sliger case seems like competition for this case:

S610
Dimension: 13.57" x 5.96" x 10.08" (344mm x 151mm x 256mm) [LxWxH]
Volume: 13.3 Liters
Motherboard: Mini-DTX, Mini-ITX
Graphics Card: 3-Slot GPU support
Storage: 2x 2.5" drive mounts, optional brackets for additional 2.5" and 3.5"
Air Cooling: Air coolers up to 128mm tall
Liquid Cooling: 120mm, 240mm, and 280mm radiator support
Power Supply: SFX
MSRP: $229 with free US shipping

These new cases eating up the 11 - 13 L market share while it takes years for C4 to come out...

The Sliger looks nice. Same colors as my Cerberus X. However, between Lian Li's build quality and Sligers, I lean toward Lian Li. I'm not saying Sliger is bad. I'm just saying Lian Li is a bit better.

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
Not to mention they basically took their SM series and stretched the width a bit to accommodate for traditional layouts - not to minimize their work, but I can't see them needing a ton of effort for these compared to a brand new style of case.

And I personally do not like power buttons on the top of the case. Not aesthetically pleasing, IMO.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

CAD work is done rendering will be updated in the next days.

- 3 Slot GPU in Sandwich or Classic
- 280er Radiator in Sandwich or Classic (or both)
- Flipable
- 12L

Nvmbra

Case Bender
New User
Jan 10, 2020
Agreed, looks great!

Will it be possible to use the NH-C14S with a 140mm fan in low-profile mode and two 140mm full size fans on the side(140mm CPU clearance)?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
No this will not fit. Max heatsink height with radiator panel is 125mm so there are only 10mm between top site of c14s and bracket.

Reactions: Nvmbra

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Dan, that is BRILLIANT to see after following the convoluted gestation of the C4 case design!

I am sure I'm in a minority, but hope its aircooling credentials are good too.

Keep up the excellent work and thank you again for keeping it going all this time, it's been 3 years and counting I think.

So many have kept the faith, and it's so pleasing moving in a great direction.

I look forward to seeing the sample when you can get it made

**EDIT** I just noticed that you have stuck with the black top plate with the silver case! ??

• Love
Reactions: thelaughingman

Wildmongoose

Chassis Packer
Nov 14, 2018
Looks awesome. Have you considered putting a logo on the front where it says Dan? I don't know if I'm the only one but someone's name on the front of my computer case just seems to personal to me. It could be a fun project for the community to pitch ideas/artwork.

Reactions: odeniz

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Looking really good! If I ever want to make a custom dual radiator loop in a SFF case, this will probably be the case I'd go with, looks really promising, but I'll wait for official reports.
I was going to ask if we could flip the front panel too so the logo would not only be in the right spot, but also be in the correct orientation, but it looks like you can pop the front panel off and flip it around!