DAN C4-SFX

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, I guess we at least know that founders cards will perform great in the classic layout of the C4. The classic layout is the one I prefer anyway, so I'm pretty happy about that. Who knows, maybe these flow-through designs will become industry standard. They seem pretty effective.

Certainly seems that way. I do like that part of the heat is exhausted out the back. Kinda of the best of both worlds between blower and axial fans. I still would love to see a three slot blower.

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
I personally prefer the sandwich style GPU layout as opposed to the "classic" layout. It looks so much better aesthetically imo.

Will you be offering an option to purchase a glass side panel also ?

D

Deleted member 19228

Now I just found that the 2mm thick aluminum panel makes the case smaller than “thicc” cnc panel, which is great. A small tweak advice: the fan position in ghetto mod should be lower or the vertical gpu mount should be higher, as in your first prototype the side fans positions is a little bit higher than the GPU heatsink which the gap between that could make the temp got higher.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Now I just found that the 2mm thick aluminum panel makes the case smaller than “thicc” cnc panel, which is great.

Uhhhhhhhh...thickness of the panels is the last place you want to be saving very insignificant space savings. Thick panels feel rigid and solid, meanwhile, Thin panels feel flimsy and brings down the overall build quality of your case.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Have you guys seen this case yet?
https://en.custmod.com/sx3

Triple slot GPU, 280mm rad, SFX PSU for 11.2L

I have placed two orders with CustomMod....I think they're nice people. Unfortunately, I haven't had a correct order arrive yet. I've also had issues with fit and finish. Maybe they have gotten better, and I strongly support small operations reaching for big goals, but I seriously doubt they can compete with Dan.

mkoclega

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2020
Side mounted radiator:
  • perfect fit: 280 rad - 315x143x30mm (LWH) + 2* 140x140x25 fans
  • max fit: 280 rad - 320x143x38mm (LWH) + 2* 140x140x25 fans
Why not to make the side-mount bracket wider so that it could fit a wider radiator? HWLabs Nemesis 280 GTS is 153 mm wide and it is the best slim 280 mm rad on the marker. The difference between it and competitors it pretty noticeable. I realize it may collide with GPU fittings but I think getting that extra 10 mm is possible.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Why not to make the side-mount bracket wider so that it could fit a wider radiator? HWLabs Nemesis 280 GTS is 153 mm wide and it is the best slim 280 mm rad on the marker. The difference between it and competitors it pretty noticeable. I realize it may collide with GPU fittings but I think getting that extra 10 mm is possible.
it fits the XSPC EX280 perfectly ?

mkoclega

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2020
it fits the XSPC EX280 perfectly ?
But GTS 280 is unbeatable. See on the comparision. Note that most of the rads tested are more than 30 mm thick.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
But GTS 280 is unbeatable. See on the comparision. Note that most of the rads tested are more than 30 mm thick.
My comment was half-joking but this is similar to saying the FormD T1 should have fit the GTS 240 because it is the best 240 radiator, yet the T1 was only focusing on the Alphacool ST25 rad LOL

artisreal

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 20, 2020
Where all the radiators using the same fan at the same RPM?
As to the first question, idk, probably the underlying article should give this information. I did look it up and it says the following:
Before we start we would again like to say thanks to Noctua for providing the NF-A14 Industrial PPC-2000 IP67 PWM 140mm fans. We use these fans for all our 140mm based radiator thermal performance testing because they have great static pressure which is required to get the best performance from even densest of radiator cores and of course, their proven reliability.
With regard to the second question, the chart title says 750 RPM

Reactions: mkoclega

mkoclega

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2020
My comment was half-joking but this is similar to saying the FormD T1 should have fit the GTS 240 because it is the best 240 radiator, yet the T1 was only focusing on the Alphacool ST25 rad LOL
The difference is that T1 could not fit a bigger rad with its current dimensions whereas C4 in my opinion could (for side mount only).

Reactions: thelaughingman

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Will you be offering an option to purchase a glass side panel also ?

Yes I will :)

Have you guys seen this case yet?
https://en.custmod.com/sx3

Triple slot GPU, 280mm rad, SFX PSU for 11.2L

310mm internal length so nearly no 280 rad will fit.

The more ITX Cases you own the more you appreciate the Work that Dan puts in the A4. Build Quality and Usage of Space and all the Details.

I hope to achieve the same for the C4 :)

It will fit. But while the mounting plate is centered for 145mm wide rads and aligned to the top you have to mount it in this way that you use the 120mm fan radiator mounting line for the upper screws. Than you can use 4 screws on the upper row bot no screws on the lower row. But it will :)