DAN C4-SFX

Fliege97

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 25, 2020
Is 20L even possible? It doesnt look that much bigger than the C4. Yesterday Cooler Master Europe published a statement that the information listed on amazon was not entirely correct and the pictures came from an older prototype. Lets see...

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
when your case takes years to out, it's inevitable for other cases similar to it to release in the meantime. no hard feelings. it is what it is.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
yeah but thats the old design , thats why i said this specific one, because its this one that got copied
well you're quoting that the thread is new. What would it be if Dan has not created a new thread and instead just update the 1st post of the old thread? Is it still new then or it's really old? LOL

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
well you're quoting that the thread is new. What would it be if Dan has not created a new thread and instead just update the 1st post of the old thread? Is it still new then or it's really old? LOL
its not really the thread isnt it ? Its the new design rather than the old one, its the same thing if he just updated the old thread saying that he made a new design , because at this point the old one doesnt really exist anymore, and what cm "took inspiration from is this one. Its not about the thread

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
My primary interest in this is because of the gpu accomodation and the DTX full compatibility, so this case is pretty much what I want to see

QuattroSportGmbH

Efficiency Noob
Jan 31, 2020
Obligatory preliminaries: Long time lurker, first time poster. I likely check this thread far too often in excitement for this project to come to fruition / production.

I am quite interested in seeing the thermals, but I have always been a bit concerned about the PCB riser appearing to block a significant degree of airflow in sandwich mode. I noted there are plans to perforate it, though ultimately the data will prove the C4’s merits in that regard.

Thank you for your hard work and responsiveness to the community, Dan. I selfishly hope the C4’s timeline is a bit more accelerated, especially with the S1 MKIII, NR200, and FormD T1 all coming up for pre-order / order soon...though I do realize they present different philosophies for a SFF case, the C4 has potential to be the most versatile for it’s size without the need for modularity or significant compromise.

Reactions: max1c and bushonpen

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Obligatory preliminaries: Long time lurker, first time poster. I likely check this thread far too often in excitement for this project to come to fruition / production.

I am quite interested in seeing the thermals, but I have always been a bit concerned about the PCB riser appearing to block a significant degree of airflow in sandwich mode. I noted there are plans to perforate it, though ultimately the data will prove the C4’s merits in that regard.

Thank you for your hard work and responsiveness to the community, Dan. I selfishly hope the C4’s timeline is a bit more accelerated, especially with the S1 MKIII, NR200, and FormD T1 all coming up for pre-order / order soon...though I do realize they present different philosophies for a SFF case, the C4 has potential to be the most versatile for it’s size without the need for modularity or significant compromise.

I think the FormD T1 is a tad bit too small and the support for only 25mm 240mm rad is kind of a bummer if you want a stronger system. Ghost S1 is quite nice and , but it is almost twice as expensive with a large tophat and they can't really figure out the anodizing process; it is not worth at least for me to pay such a sum and to get panels with different color shades. NCase M1 is amazing, but is a chonky boy so I do agree that the C4 in traditional layout with a 2slot gpu, 2x Noctua A12x25 on bottom, with a 240 Liquid Freezer II, and Noctua a9x25 on the back will provide amazing thermals in the most compact way.

max1c

Efficiency Noob
May 8, 2020
NCase M1 is amazing, but is a chonky boy so I do agree that the C4 in traditional layout with a 2slot gpu, 2x Noctua A12x25 on bottom, with a 240 Liquid Freezer II, and Noctua a9x25 on the back will provide amazing thermals in the most compact way.

That's funny. I thought so too but the the new dimensions of the C4 make it basically the same as the M1 sizewise. It's 315 x 240 x 148 vs 328 x 241.7 x 160.6. At this point the choice mostly comes down to stylistic options and whether you want sandwich layout or not.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I think the FormD T1 is a tad bit too small and the support for only 25mm 240mm rad is kind of a bummer if you want a stronger system.
Just to clarify, you can fit a 27mm thick rad in the T1 with slim 15mm fans. I'm getting a corsair H100i pro XT to see if it will fit, and it should. I do wish it had better support though, because 3mm really can't be that much.
Hopefully the C4 will have one of the best compatibility and thermals for sff cases. Looking forward to the thermal tests so I can try to compare them to my T1

QuattroSportGmbH

Efficiency Noob
Jan 31, 2020
I think the FormD T1 is a tad bit too small and the support for only 25mm 240mm rad is kind of a bummer if you want a stronger system. Ghost S1 is quite nice and , but it is almost twice as expensive with a large tophat and they can't really figure out the anodizing process; it is not worth at least for me to pay such a sum and to get panels with different color shades. NCase M1 is amazing, but is a chonky boy so I do agree that the C4 in traditional layout with a 2slot gpu, 2x Noctua A12x25 on bottom, with a 240 Liquid Freezer II, and Noctua a9x25 on the back will provide amazing thermals in the most compact way.

I’ll respectfully disagree concerning the M1. It isn’t quite chonky at 12.7L, but the appearance may be outdated. However, I most certainly agree concerning the S1’s outlandish cost. Considering the cost of the MKIII with a large tophat, Louqe seems to be taking aim at circle pro pricing, which is completely unpalatable.

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
The M1 isnt that chonky for what it offer, its building experience is also much nicer than alot of cramming experience most itx case is. If it werent for my next gpu upgrade being larger than what m1 allows , I probably wouldnt have changed case

Reactions: muSashi

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
I think the FormD T1 is a tad bit too small and the support for only 25mm 240mm rad is kind of a bummer if you want a stronger system.

This is something I never understood with the T1. It seems absolutely bizarre to release a case with such constrained radiator/AIO support when a few extra millimeters would give broad compatibility with 240mm radiators/AIOs.