DAN C4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Dan, what are the maximum dimensions of 'DTX' motherboard that the C4 can accommodate?

As far as I can see, the 3 slot design should allow a board with 226mm height, but can you go wider than the possible 193mm on an M1, as the PSU is oriented differently?

If you mount the PSU 90° rotatet than ~240mm. In the default orientation 180mm

@dondan A question: does the width of the final design match the width of the prototypes pictured in post #2? I'm specifically wondering about clearance for water cooled GPUs - it looks like that would be a really tight fit in terms of fittings/port blocks not colliding with the side panel. The RX 5700 in those pictures is AFAIK a standard height (i.e. not extra tall) PCB, and there looks to be ... less than 20mm of clearance past that? Which means that something like an RX 6800, that's a bit taller, wouldn't fit. Am I wrong?

No it is 3mm more on the final product. Pictures of post2 are from the first (old) sample.

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
Uhhh off the top of my head maybe a D with the middle filled in then a C inside of it, kind of like the default picture you get on these forums. Or maybe some sort of an "D" inside of a rectangle/cube(symbolizes the case in dancase). Again, if I were doing it properly I would hold some sort of a community contest. In the past couple of years I have come to realize there are plenty of really talented people in this community.

I 100% agree with this. Having a logo would be much better. Im not talented enough to come up with one, but I love the idea of a community contest. We got some super talented people in the community.

Alternatively, I liked the power button + usb c connector that was used before. If that is an option as well, I can do without the logo.

ironwilly

Chassis Packer
Mar 15, 2020
This is perfect, just bring it to europe, not even in a hurry considering the current hardware "crisis".

Btw is there a way to prevent gpu sag if the case is flipped ?

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
has support been increased for the 280mm AIO ?

is it possible to throw in the 280mm while the GPU is on vertical mode ?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
No it is 3mm more on the final product. Pictures of post2 are from the first (old) sample.
Hm, that still sounds really tight. Guess I'll have to hold off until I see someone try fitting a water cooled GPU in there first. I guess there's always the option of a hot-rod-style cutout for clearance, but ... nah, I wouldn't do that to a case this gorgeous :p

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I like to play a game 🤣

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Pretty sure I know what it is, just not sure what advantage it offers. Super short custom cables to the PSU, maybe?