DAN C4-SFX

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I don't recall Dan giving a time frame. Iirc the q3-q4 time came from a forum member guessing
I was so sure it'd been Dan saying that, but I took a look back and it was a regular forum member...

@dondan Will you be providing a general ETA when you drop the sample images on Friday?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I don't recall Dan giving a time frame. Iirc the q3-q4 time came from a forum member guessing

I was so sure it'd been Dan saying that, but I took a look back and it was a regular forum member...

@dondan Will you be providing a general ETA when you drop the sample images on Friday?
I remember he posted it - that's why I made the decision to move to the NR200 as a stop-gap. Now I can't find that post anymore. Probably he deleted it because of all the uncertainty.

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
I remember Dan's post about end of 2021. Anything before that would be nice surprise but should not be counted upon.

FlyingBuzz

Case Bender
New User
Jan 15, 2021
Been looking for my next case for my next build. Been way too long. I loved my old alienware / shuttle pc. Been looking for a case that is small yet super powerful. However now I am looking for one that can also support more hard drives since space is useful. I think I found the next case I will get.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Been looking for my next case for my next build. Been way too long. I loved my old alienware / shuttle pc. Been looking for a case that is small yet super powerful. However now I am looking for one that can also support more hard drives since space is useful. I think I found the next case I will get.
If you're in search for multiple hard drive support perhaps the C4 is not your case. Up to date it only suports 1 x 2.5" drive. The A4 allows up to 3 x 2.5" out of the box for instance (but then you'll have to reconsider the "super powerful" part in your requirements 😛)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@FlyingBuzz like what posted above, there were discussion before on whether the C4 can accommodate more drives. As of now, the official answer is that it only supports 1 x 2.5".

With some creativity, highly likely you can put more.

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
Look into Sliger S610 and especially S620 if you need multiple HDDs inside.

Last edited:

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
@dondan, I think it's worth noting this fact in the compatibility chart. I didn’t know about such an adapter and it was good news for me. Considering the existence of such an adapter, further enlargement of the case makes no sense.
Dan probably meant that it could help for some, but he doesn't know for sure / didn't mean it would help all those listed as "not fit (power socket)" cards.

Cards that listed as "not fit (power socket)!" in classic (remember GPU height limit in classic layout stated by Dan is 131mm):
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master is 140mm, definitely would not fit. MAYBE with shroud and backplate removed, no 180 needed (thanks Gigabyte for at least properly recessing PCI-e sockets, lol).
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme is 140mm too, definitely would not fit. MAYBE with shroud/backplate removed, see above.
INNO3D GeForce RTX 3080 iCHILL X3 is 135mm, maybe fits if you remove this stupid&enormous shroud.
INNO3D GeForce RTX 3080 iCHILL X4 is 135mm, with even more ridiculous shourd (with fourth tiny fan, lol) that probably could be removed as well to fit the card.
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 (OC) is 127mm per ASUS site, but it's most likely bullshit/not measuring from PCI-e fingers, but shroud only: youtube link (thank god at least someone measured it with a ruller, had hard time finding it), my estimate is around 130mm properly measured with shroud removed. But PCI-e sockets will be right at 130mm, and you need about 5-7mm for 180s, so yeah, wouldn't fit to. MAYBE if you're willing to unsolder stock PCI-e sockets and make your own wired extensions..., lol.

So unless Dan knows something out of those 6 cards none will be saved by 180 adapters.

tl;dr (speaking about GPU height only) iCHILL should fit given deshroud, most likely even without 180s; Aourus should fit with deshroud/removed backplate, most likely even without 180s; TUF might fit deshrouded given you're adventurous enough for redoing PCI-e sockets on top of that, 180s wouldn't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Detonator

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

Some pictures directly from Taiwan of internal parts. Outer parts are finished on Monday.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Update:

Some pictures directly from Taiwan of internal parts. Outer parts are finished on Monday.

Looking very clean - really like it.

That said, I'm noticing that the top fan mounting holes are only on one side but not the other? (For the 120mm slim fans)

Also, how does the height and shape of the feet compare to something like the M1? Will the fact that they stretch from one side to the other impact cooling at all? I assume they're just as tall?

Either way, really appreciate the images and look forward to seeing it with all the panels on! 😁

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Dan,

Looks great. Thank you for the all the hard work. I can't remember at this point but is there front or top IO?

Reactions: bigwhiteyeti

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Sorry if this question was already answered but will the vertical gpu mount option be sold separately or come with the case ?

Ripples

Case Bender
New User
Mar 22, 2020
Thinking of swapping to this case from a NR200 once it comes out. Would there be any issues with gigabyte b550i aorus pro and a C14S? I know that there are mounting issues with this combo in the M1 due to the higher socket placement, and even with the rotation kit there are still potential clearance issues with certain GPU backplates.