DAN C4-SFX

hybridiso

Cable Smoosher
Sep 3, 2020
so... i was really trying to get a 3080 fe, but ended up with a 3090 fe.

my current set up is dan a4 v3 with 3700x + gtx 1080.. so i had to buy a different case to fit 3090 fe for now.

based on previous posts, it looks like 3090fe will only fit with the sandwich design. is this still the case? no way to fit 3090fe with the traditional layout because of the width of the card? i know the spec has changed over time and i wasnt sure if that changed or not

Last edited:

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
😭😭😭😭 The board is compatible with EPYC 3 so maybe he will do another one :)
Midway watching the video I thought that they could've dropped C4-SFX, as there's no SFX 12V-only PSUs (although as I understand you could make 12VO custom cables for SF750/other existing SFX, but it seems like noone offers such thing as of now).

So Silverstone hooked them with a complete solution: good ATX PSU with 12VO-compatible cables and relatively small case with ATX support.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Midway watching the video I thought that they could've dropped C4-SFX, as there's no SFX 12V-only PSUs (although as I understand you could make 12VO custom cables for SF750/other existing SFX, but it seems like noone offers such thing as of now).

So Silverstone hooked them with a complete solution: good ATX PSU with 12VO-compatible cables and relatively small case with ATX support.

The 24-pin > 4-pin adapter came with the Sugo chassis, not the PSU...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
With the motherboard, you mean?

LOL, you are correct; why did I say the chassis...?!? Maybe I should go to sleep...

But having the 24-pin > 4-pin adapter bundled with the mobo means said mobo can go into any chassis that it will physically fit, so the C4-SFX is still a viable alternative for Epyc in a SFF chassis...

And any SFX (SFX-L) PSU can be used with the adapter, no special 12V-only PSU needed...

Reactions: DrHudacris

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yep. Server motherboards might be 12V only, but they are crucially not the new ATX 12VO standard, so no new PSU is needed, and the plugs/adapters are much simpler. Given the four wires of the main cable, wiring up a custom one would be a breeze.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
^Relax man. He'll share it when he is ready...
Oh I know - it just seemed like he was ready on Friday, then last Monday, then was waiting on Lian Li for Wednesday, so I just guess on update on when to expect things'd be nice so I'm not just stuck refreshing.