DAN C4-SFX

Facteur

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 6, 2024
Ha, good call 😅

Though to be fair, I'm only referring to the single prototype that he had planned to planned to get his hands on, soon after his last post, IIRC.

The pre-pre-production case of sorts - so, far from being production ready. I don't think that'd be too much too ask.

WhiteRice

Case Bender
New User
May 22, 2016
Do you guys the Asus 4080 Noctua will fit in v2? V1 manual says a max of 137mm in 3.9 slot configuration, but if the top can fix two 120mm fans I think I can accommodate this card. Maybe with a de-shroud.

Dimensions
310 x 144.8 x 87.5 mm

• Wow
Reactions: Alex Kazuma

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Do you guys the Asus 4080 Noctua will fit in v2? V1 manual says a max of 137mm in 3.9 slot configuration, but if the top can fix two 120mm fans I think I can accommodate this card. Maybe with a de-shroud.

Dimensions
310 x 144.8 x 87.5 mm

Deshrouding a Noctua? That sounds a bit weird .. I mean, isnt the purpose of the Noctua editions to almost achieve the same results as with a deshroud? Aside of "Noctua style bling".

But on the other hand: The default GPU shroud is ginormous. The size increase from originally 61 to 88 mm is ultra-massive (spec comparison on TechPowerUp). Its weird when looking at the dimension / specs comparison sheet at the Noctua page, because they show a shorter, tighter, improved heatsink over the ASUS RTX 4080 "base" model.

Just did a quick check: In case of a deshroud, try for slim fans, eg. the Silverstone Air Slimmer (15.6 mm). Those things might get a bit louder at the upper end, but they push the same amount (if not more) of air as the NF-A12s. Been using them in my S400 build and LP cpu cooler comparison tests, and they certainly dont disappoint (also, less air turbulences than any slim fan I tested so far).

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: rfarmer

WhiteRice

Case Bender
New User
May 22, 2016
Deshrouding a Noctua? That sounds a bit weird .. I mean, isnt the purpose of the Noctua editions to almost achieve the same results as with a deshroud? Aside of "Noctua style bling".

But on the other hand: The default GPU shroud is ginormous. The size increase from originally 61 to 88 mm is ultra-massive (spec comparison on TechPowerUp). Its weird when looking at the dimension / specs comparison sheet at the Noctua page, because they show a shorter, tighter, improved heatsink over the ASUS RTX 4080 "base" model.

Just did a quick check: In case of a deshroud, try for slim fans, eg. the Silverstone Air Slimmer (15.6 mm). Those things might get a bit louder at the upper end, but they push the same amount (if not more) of air as the NF-A12s. Been using them in my S400 build and LP cpu cooler comparison tests, and they certainly dont disappoint (also, less air turbulences than any slim fan I tested so far).

cu, w0lf.
Yes full de-shroud would be odd on this one. 😅

V2 should fit a 4.3 slot card?

I was thinking about simply removing the plastic cover to allow for the 120mm fans with fit within the 137mm space allowable for the width of the card.

Who doesn’t like to chase dream?

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Just logged back in after almost a year to confirm that this case is still somehow in development hell. I hope for the sake of those holding their breath that if something does finally come it lasts longer than one run this time.

Senaxx

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2017
Ok, I cannot clarify for Senaxx on whether they're using the motherboard heatsink or the nvme heatsink.

However as Arctic explicitly call out the m2 heatsink incompatibility on their compatibility list that I referenced above and have clarified with them via a support ticket I would say it is safe to assume the motherboard heatsink is incompatible as per their information. Assumming Senaxx is using this one it sounds like it is a few mm tight for tolerance.

Sorry didn't check back in for a while. I'm just using the heatsink from the motherboard. No heatsinks from the SSD's are used.