DAN C4-SFX

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Just as an anecdote, I just had a capacitor burn out on that motherboard. Let's see how good their customer service is, they've had a lot of one star reviews on google maps for their returns :/

Ripples

Case Bender
New User
Mar 22, 2020
would this fit a gigabyte b550i and a c14s with the raised cpu socket? was considering an ncase but that compatibility error put me out of luck.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
same here. Both cases have ~ 12mm over the motherboard useable space

R-Oak

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2021
Hi I'm really interested in this case, but here is a few questions :
- whit so many Mass market sandwish layout coming out
A4-H20, q58, meshilicious,..
Why not offer a case for a smaller price and fully commiting to the classical layout, competing against the popular and pricy ncase m1.

- does the perforated panels come whit dust filters ?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Why not offer a case for a smaller price and fully commiting to the classical layout, competing against the popular and pricy ncase m1.

Lowering price is something every manufacturer wants to do (so more people can enjoy their product & they get bigger market share), but it's a tricky balancing game between production cost, expected profit, supply and demand.

If you have any idea or proven ways to bring C4 price down so it can be accessible to many, please chime in.

Edit: at times I also wish that this & that case (or other custom products) can be made cheaper, but yeah it goes back to the things I mentioned above.

Reactions: Valantar

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@R-Oak

Dustfilter: The case does not come with filters.

Lower the price: To lower the case unit price it has to be made with DIE stamping instead of NCT. From the construction pov this is possible. To make the die core you have to do an investment of $50.000-$100.000. In the next step you have to do mass production. This means a min. of 1500-2000 units every month. Now you need to team up with many distriburors to sell these numbers all over the world. Then it would be possible to sell this case for less than $120. It will have the same quality and materials. From the money site it would be possible but not from the distribution side. This is why i teamed up with LianLi for the A4-H2O. Maybe i could do the same with C4-SFX but to be honest currently i am not interested in.

I know a case does not give a single FPS but to be fair: For many customers it is no problem to pay $800+ for a GPU but the case has to be as cheap as possible while it will outlast many hardware generation while being very price stable in comparison to a GPU.

Also a case that is made in mass production will lose its magic. From the business pov die stamp would be much more lokrative but I like to keep DAN Cases in this exclusive "niche" area.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@R-Oak

Lower the price: To lower the case unit price it has to be made with DIE stamping instead of NCT. From the construction pov this is possible. To make the die core you have to do an investment of $50.000-$100.000. In the next step you have to do mass production. This means a min. of 1500-2000 units every month. Now you need to team up with many distriburors to sell these numbers all over the world. Then it would be possible to sell this case for less than $120. It will have the same quality and materials. From the money site it would be possible but not from the distribution side. This is why i teamed up with LianLi for the A4-H2O. Maybe i could do the same with C4-SFX but to be honest currently i am not interested in.
This is interesting & OOT at the same time - does this imply that there is a possiblity that A4-H20 price may go as low as (or around) $120?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
This is interesting & OOT at the same time - does this imply that there is a possiblity that A4-H20 price may go as low as (or around) $120?
I think it was mentioned in the Lian-li video of the prototype that it was targeting 120 USD

Now back to dreaming of the C4 at 220-250 USD 😋

Reactions: DrHudacris

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
does this imply that there is a possiblity that A4-H20 price may go as low as (or around) $120?
Version with gen3 riser is supposed to launch at $120 already.

Reactions: ignsvn

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I hope it will arrive today. I am rdy

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@R-Oak

I know a case does not give a single FPS but to be fair: For many customers it is no problem to pay $800+ for a GPU but the case has to be as cheap as possible while it will outlast many hardware generation while being very price stable in comparison to a GPU.

Also a case that is made in mass production will lose its magic. From the business pov die stamp would be much more lokrative but I like to keep DAN Cases in this exclusive "niche" area.

Interesting to read this, thanks Dan. An interesting insight to the world of case production.
I had to look up what NCT is, CNC punching from what I read.

I assume this is the difference between the C4 and, (if I may...), something like the NR200.
The NR200 has had high investment dies created to make it the 'other' way, as it is intended to be a higher volume and less expensive product.

Please keep the Magic in your cases, as die stamping seems to let it out...

I smiled when you said about cases not providing any additional FPS! My friend who runs our LAN nights has machines at his house that visitors can use that are still in old school beige ATX cases, as he believes you should spend your money on 'Go' not 'Show'! 🤓

He also disapproves of ITX cases as they are too small to properly keep your system cool 🤣.

He isn't the one who has to carry a PC to his house every visit...

Worse, is my friend who lives across the road from the LAN host and insists on staggering over the road with a full ATX case. The host is an engineer and has offered to put a handle on the top to help, but this offer has been refused.
/ATX Heathens

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Take your time! I can wait until 2022 now if need be hahaha

Looks like some of us will be waiting until 2022 for new GPUs by the way the lack of supply is going....

Looks like you got one GPU too many there, I would be willing to give it a good home for you...! ;^p

Very good of you to offer, it's not as if @dondan can run them in SLI is it? 😂

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are some first pictures. I will show more tomorrow.

Running RTX 3080 with 280 AIO pull in (900rpm) in classic mode with two bottom fans pull in: 71°C on GPU and 78°C on CPU running Chinebench R20 infinty loop + Valley Bench 4k mode. (99% CPU Load, 99% GPU load). The result is similar with an 240AIO running at 2000rpm vs 900rpm 280 AIO 😍

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015

Running RTX 3080 with 280 AIO pull in (900rpm) in classic mode with two bottom fans pull in: 71°C on GPU and 78°C on CPU running Chinebench R20 infinty loop + Valley Bench 4k mode. (99% CPU Load, 99% GPU load). The result is similar with an 240AIO running at 2000rpm vs 900rpm 280 AIO 😍

Something odd is going on. I can't see Dan's 3 photos in his post, but after I clicked reply, I can see them in the preview box.

All good, I can see them now, thanks @dondan

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
With the Meshlicious being delayed by almost 2 months, the C4-SFX has a chance to make a bigger splash - excited to learn more, especially after seeing these.

Reactions: Arboreal

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

Dan, I hate you. I was hoping my T1 was gonna last me a few more years, but you are making that really hard lmao

In all seriousness, loving the progress! Might finally do my first custom loop when this case comes out if I get my hands on it