DAN C4-SFX

itxmasterrace

Case Bender
New User
Feb 5, 2021
What is the clearance for a slim bottom mounted radiator and slim fans with a single slot GPU/Waterblock in traditional layout?

Probably a long shot looking at the compactness, but would a 30mm slim 280mm radiator with noctuas upcoming (possibly ~15mm) slim 140mm fans work in traditional layout?

I know the NCASE M1 supports a 20mm slim 240mm radiator with 15mm slim 120mm fans with a single slot water cooled GPU, was hoping for something similar at the bottom

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Whats is the height clearance between the motherboard and the gpu when in sandwich layout? How much clearance is there for CPU blocks or riser cards like the m.2 expansion card on the Asus Crosshair Impact?

What is the clearance for a slim bottom mounted radiator and slim fans with a single slot GPU/Waterblock in traditional layout?

Probably a long shot looking at the compactness, but would a 30mm slim 280mm radiator with noctuas upcoming (possibly ~15mm) slim 140mm fans work in traditional layout?

I know the NCASE M1 supports a 20mm slim 240mm radiator with 15mm slim 120mm fans with a single slot water cooled GPU, was hoping for something similar at the bottom

The average GPU Block is 16mm. So with the GPU chiplet itself it will be 18-20mm. So something similar like a 20-25mm slim radiator + 15mm fans will work.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
If the space at the bottom is 62mm a 30mm Radiator with a 25mm fan will fit (like the nzxt x63), right?
The 62mm is from the frotn surface of the GPU PCB, so if your GPU is literally a bare PCB, yes ;) If the PCB has anything on it, like a GPU, RAM, a cooler or water block etc, you need to subtract that from the 62mm. If you don't have a GPU installed there (using sandwich mode, for example) then your proposed setup will fit with plenty of room to spare.

Curetia

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2021
Thanks for your answer and yes if I put the radiator at the bottom than the GPU will be installed in sandwich mode.
But that depends on which GPU will I get and which mode (normal or sandwich) will have the better temperatures to get a lower noise from pump and fans.

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
It's interesting that Lian-Li is going off/investing into SFF that much ($120 vs >$200 for A4-SFX; and it's called a collaboration, and proudly presented on their own showcase -- so I guess they invested money into tooling, which allowed for lower price? And now they do all marketing-logistics stuff to sell as much as they can to recoup their investment).

And that's what, like third ITX case by them/with their help from the start of the year? I'll interpolate and hope we see about 20 total by the end of the year, lol.

Reactions: facepalmjohannes

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

This video is an prototype preview that was made for the Lian Li Expo 2021. The dimensions aren't final and we (Lian Li & DAN Cases) are currently tweaking these values for a nice compatibility with many cards.

This case will be sold and supported by Lian Li so the correct name will be something like LIAN LI A4-H2O (designed by DAN Cases).

Founder Edition cards:
The case will come with included stand offs that allowes to lift up the riser position. This will increase the distance between RTX 30x0 FE and PSU/MB-Tray for better airflow and temps on these cards.

Btw more pictures (not very polished):

I will create its own thread in the next days. At the moment i am very suprised because i didn't had any release dates for the LianLi Expo and the Optimum Preview.

Last edited:

Ghillie

Caliper Novice
Feb 25, 2020
Lian Li's on a mad one this year, releasing the SSUPD Meshlicious, the Dan A4 H20 (congrats!), the Dancase C4 at some point and now the new Lian Li Q58. I think the release of the Coolermaster NR200 last year has spurred big time case manufacturers to angle for smaller more competitive itx cases. I still think the Dancase C4 will be the best middle ground between size, cooling and flexibility though

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@dondan any chance you have an Iceman reservoir on hand? it seems to only require a couple of small mods to the back of the C4 to make it work since it already has 80 & 92 fan mount - bending back extruding part of the vertical GPU mount (1), and cut up some horizontal bars to allow tubing to passthrough (2) - like this

I don't think the red part can be made removable now right? How about the blue bits - any chance you can make those openings? If it cannot be accommodate at this stage or forever, I'll just gonna DIY it 👍

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@dondan any chance you have an Iceman reservoir on hand? it seems to only require a couple of small mods to the back of the C4 to make it work since it already has 80 & 92 fan mount - bending back extruding part of the vertical GPU mount (1), and cut up some horizontal bars to allow tubing to passthrough (2) - like this

I don't think the red part can be made removable now right? How about the blue bits - any chance you can make those openings? If it cannot be accommodate at this stage or forever, I'll just gonna DIY it 👍
Wouldn't a much simpler solution be to mount the pump/res on the inside of the case, thus removing the need to bend/cut the PCIe mounting bracket? Unless you're thinking of using this and a side rad, though I don't see how that could avoid interference between the tubing/fittings and the rad. The right blue circle will be covered by the rad and fans, after all.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Wouldn't a much simpler solution be to mount the pump/res on the inside of the case, thus removing the need to bend/cut the PCIe mounting bracket? Unless you're thinking of using this and a side rad, though I don't see how that could avoid interference between the tubing/fittings and the rad. The right blue circle will be covered by the rad and fans, after all.
yeah I'm planning to use the side rad indeed. The C4 has the same height as the M1, the side brackets on both are in similar position so the pass through holes should work in similar locations. 140/280 side rad may cause interference, but then again it interferes with the SO.DIMM card of the Impact already so I only plan to use side 240 rad now.

And I'm never gonna vertical mount the GPU so taking out that mounting bracket is not a loss at all for me