Is the box going to be multiple colors?

Is it recycled?

Have you considered a glossy option?

Seems very similar to the M1 box.

Just joking! Looks great. ;)

Marijan

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2021
@dondan: The case looks awesome and I love the design, the flexibility, the 3 slot full length gpu support, the front panel connectors at the top and the support for 280mm aio ...very thought-out design. I am looking forward to get it into my hands once it comes out.
The only thing were I am not a big fan of are the feet. To me personally they look a bit blocky and don't fit to the overall design well. Have you thought about four feet ...just maybe more like the feet in the NCase and Slinger?

Anyway, congrats on the great work!

Reactions: DrHudacris

FlyingBuzz

Case Bender
New User
Jan 15, 2021

PaddyPat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 11, 2021
Is there a way to put more hard drives with something like this:

I don't think I will need a 3 slot gpu. but i would prefer to have more hard drives if needed.
Just put them in the bottom and attach them with double-sided tape.

• Haha
Reactions: chabiichi

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Dan should probably wait a bit until the SSUPD Meschichilichiouschius is out for just a little while (let it have a few reviews and builds), then detonate release the C4. After every other had their say this case can have the final word, showing that it can be done with just 12L too. I mean, after this there isn't really any other new case on the horizon with the same concept, so with this being most recent and newest of the bigshot case releases, the attention it will receive will not be averted by the release of another case. This also carries the potential that the C4 can more effectively overshadow the rest (despite being the smallest).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

Here are some pictures of the silver sample that will send to me in the next days. I will get three samples more for reviewers but all of them including the one I will get has a wrong position of the AC power socket. This will be corrected and I will get them after CNY.

Last edited:

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
@dondan Just had a few questions.

Where is the AC power socket supposed to be located?

Why there are small notches on the edges of the top cover, either side of the power button?

Which reviewers are you sending the cases to? I'm assuming Linus Tech Tips, and Optimum Tech will be two of them.

It's looking really good! I hope the silver with black top will be one of the colour options.

Reactions: Arboreal

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I always wonder how would the development team of LianLi feel after producing cases like the C4 or the A4 itself🤔.
Like... "-Meh, we wouldn't build it anyway, it's not our style 😒" or more like "That crazy dude had an awesome idea, what shame we can't copy it! 🤯"

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@dondan Just had a few questions.

Where is the AC power socket supposed to be located?

Why there are small notches on the edges of the top cover, either side of the power button?

Which reviewers are you sending the cases to? I'm assuming Linus Tech Tips, and Optimum Tech will be two of them.

It's looking really good! I hope the silver with black top will be one of the colour options.

It looks like the majority of the top panel has a curved edge down either side, and the notch is where the panel steps from that curved edge to a flat section at the front where the power button is.
Also has something to do with the joint between the front and side panels.
Photo2 and photo 4 show this design feature quite well.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Update:

Here are some pictures of the silver sample that will send to me in the next days. I will get three samples more for reviewers but all of them including the one I will get has a wrong position of the AC power socket. This will be corrected and I will get them after CNY.

Hi @dondan - were the plans were changed to not include all of the mounting points for fans at the top for slim 120mm fans? Or were there just never meant to be any on that side? (Red)

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
It looks like the majority of the top panel has a curved edge down either side, and the notch is where the panel steps from that curved edge to a flat section at the front where the power button is.
Also has something to do with the joint between the front and side panels.
Photo2 and photo 4 show this design feature quite well.

Ah, I can see the folded edges running most of the length of the panel on the 6th photo. It's a pity the notches are there, but I'm assuming it's necessary for the way the panels attach to the frame.

Loved your "Pushing the envelope" slogan, and I see it's the one Dan's put on the packaging renders. Nice!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@AlexTSG: @Arboreal is right these notches are for the two lashes. Theses lashes will increase the stiffness of the part and keep some distance for screw heads if you mount a radiator on the bottom and flip the case.

The AC power socket will be some mm closer to the I/O shield to give enough space for side mounted 280radiator with 25mm fans.
First reviewers will be Optimum, Linus and Computerbase (Germany)

Pushing the envelop was my favorite I will hornor @Arboreal in the manual "Special Thanks" section.

@BRSxIgnition I made the decision to add them only on one side. It will be enough to hold the fans in place. On the other side they will hurt assembly experiance for other stuff.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I am getting more and more parts for C4 testing. Only the RTX 3080 FE and 280 AIO is missing. Still no luck hunting a Founders Edition i would give a old C4 sample + A4SFXv4.1+ retail price to get one XD. Hopefully we will get a shop drop tomorrow here in Germany. Last drop is three weeks ago. I setup a linux vm with a bash script for checking the sites to get one. :(

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I am getting more and more parts for C4 testing. Only the RTX 3080 FE and 280 AIO is missing. Still no luck hunting a Founders Edition i would give a old C4 sample + A4SFXv4.1+ retail price to get one XD. Hopefully we will get a shop drop tomorrow here in Germany. Last drop is three weeks ago. I setup a linux vm with a bash script for checking the sites to get one. :(

You just know someone is gonna take you up on that deal...!

And now we know who is responsible for the computer parts shortage...!