DAN C4-SFX

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for clarifying that, I think I was fooled by the perspective of the photos and not reading Dan’s text carefully enough ?

That said, I don’t recall seeing the double fan option mentioned before.

it's in the 1st post hahaha

Traditional Layout
Graphic cards support:
2.75 Slot GPU up to 300mm length (only 2 Slot bracket)
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, DTX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 126mm in height.
Case Fans: 2x 80mm fan at the back, or 1x92mm at the back, 2x120mm at the bottom
Water cooling support: up to 240mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans

Reactions: Arboreal

Paullawr

Chassis Packer
Feb 28, 2020
Update:

Some reshots with the Noctua U9S + 2x80mm Noctua Redux at the back panel. So far my favorite build. Very clean cable management with default length cables, and super clean look with the U9S. BTW you see the alternative routing for the power cord to fit 2x 80mm fans.

Also this is the premiere for the third design with power button and USB-C at the front.

At the end the A4-SFX joined in for some shots with the C4-SFX.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel
Dear god that looks stunning. :eek:

joeydarebel

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 13, 2020
Just came from the reddit post. Nothing but a Ncase circlejerk. I'm also glad to read Dan doesn't take into consideration people's complaint about their cats turning off their computer. My sister's birds chew the hell out of her headphone wires, but I don't see people requesting to make wires out of chainmail to prevent this. First world problems...

I'm definitely going to try and cop this case. If there will be an option to add a TG side panel, I'll be all over this. Great job.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
My sister's birds chew the hell out of her headphone wires, but I don't see people requesting to make wires out of chainmail to prevent this. First world problems...

Ahem. Not chain mail cable, but yes, there are other alternatives to solve this problem, namely detachable cable or wireless headphones. And naah it's not a first world problem. Broken cable is quite a headache for many.

Anyway, let's take a chill pill & relax. Difference in opinion doesn't have to be something tense. Light hearted opinion & candid suggestions are also effective feedback, for example:

"Hey @dondan , just want to say this is the reason why I prefer the USB-C jack to be somewhere at the side"

And yes I'm going to hell for this ?

Last edited:

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
I can't wait till I stick a C14S in there.

Dan, why do you prefer U9S over C14S? It has worse cooling.

Erasmo Jardim

Case Bender
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Update:

Some reshots with the Noctua U9S + 2x80mm Noctua Redux at the back panel. So far my favorite build. Very clean cable management with default length cables, and super clean look with the U9S. BTW you see the alternative routing for the power cord to fit 2x 80mm fans.

Also this is the premiere for the third design with power button and USB-C at the front.

At the end the A4-SFX joined in for some shots with the C4-SFX.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel
The front panel is pretty nice! Very elegant

Reactions: bwjohnson0

carpet3

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2019
Really looking forward to the release of this.

Really not keen on the logo being on the front though. Maybe the back if at all.

warspitebattleship

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2020
Hi, Dan.
I just wanted to repeat my ask to add mountings for 3 slot motherboards. This Boards will fit with power supply in front position

Also there is magnificent Z390 maximus XI gene. It may conflict with power supply, it will be great to add mounting holes for psu bracket on the left side of the C4.

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
What's the reason behind the lack of support for slim fans at the top? it looks like it's should be enough space.
The impact on cooling would be significant, especially in the case of air-cooling.

warspitebattleship

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2020
Just rotate the case. Case supports this.
But i do not think that 3mm round holes works good as a grill - too much resistance should be generated against fan air flow.

M3g4t0ky0

Chassis Packer
Feb 10, 2020
Hello dondan,

love the progress you have made here, could you demo the case in the upside down/reversed orientation? I'm just curious of what that looks like because I think your intention was that the bottom of the case would end up being open in the bottom.

Thank you for your consideration.