DAN C4-SFX

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
Traditional Layout
Graphic cards support:
2.75 Slot GPU up to 300mm length (only 2 Slot bracket)
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, DTX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 126mm in height.
Case Fans: 2x 80mm fan at the back, or 1x92mm at the back, 2x120mm at the bottom
Water cooling support: up to 240mm radiator with 120x120x25mm fans

one thing i found out: 92mm rear fan is impossible, the case is too narrow. There's like 90mm space for rear fan, and the square screw holes looks like 71.5 mm , which is for 80mm fans.

haoryouu

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2019
The more rectangular ones looks really nice, and looks better since it matches the bottom side more imo. Case is looking mighty fine though!

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I really like the slots at the top of the case. I think they're a feature that will make for a case that's easily identified as a Dan C4.

I still think that the slotted look should be carried through to the rest of the case design. Having slots at the top, side panels that look like they're from an M1 v6, and then square holes on the back panel is too many different looks on the same case. I do like the square holes at the rear, just not each panel having a different vent design.

The other thing that looks like it would improve the look would be to extend the top slots towards the front of the case so they line up with the join on the side panel. Although I obviously don't know if that creates structural problems. I'm only commenting in terms of the aesthetics.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Paullawr

Chassis Packer
Feb 28, 2020
I really like the slots at the top of the case. I think they're a feature that will make for a case that's easily identified as a Dan C4.

I still think that the slotted look should be carried through to the rest of the case design. Having slots at the top, side panels that look like they're from an M1 v6, and then square holes on the back panel is too many different looks on the same case. I do like the square holes at the rear, just not each panel having a different vent design.

The other thing that looks like it would improve the look would be to extend the top slots towards the front of the case so they line up with the join on the side panel. Although I obviously don't know if that creates structural problems. I'm only commenting in terms of the aesthetics.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
No I don’t. The one thing I’m not keen on is the top. May as well get a siger.

• Sad
Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
No I don’t. The one thing I’m not keen on is the top. May as well get a siger.

I don't think the slots on the Sliger cases are that similar to the Dan C4. They run perpendicular to the C4 slots, are framed by a solid border, and have a "running bond" pattern. However, like it or not, that pattern is consistent throughout the Sliger case design.

I just think that the Dan C4 should have a similar consistency in its panel design, regardless of what type of vents it has. I already have an NCASE M1 v6, so clearly I'm a fan of that design. I just think the C4 should have a unique look.

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016

Just my rough idea on side panel, I wanted to give uniformity with the top vent.

Reactions: AlexTSG

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry I am not a fan of these slot vent holes on the side panel in my opinion it does not look premium. As I said i am also nut sure if i like the slot holes on the top by myself. This is why i will also test a vent hole pattern for the top.

Reactions: Paullawr

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Sorry I am not a fan of these slot vent holes on the side panel in my opinion it does not look premium. As I said i am also nut sure if i like the slot holes on the top by myself. This is why i will also test a vent hole pattern for the top.

Although I still like the slots, if you don't feel they're right for the design, then how about a render with square holes like you have at the rear for both the top and side panels too?

I really like the clean front panel design, so I'm hoping that stays though to the final version.

gasmeone

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 16, 2020
What about squares for the sidewalls too? Maybe it would look better than the holes and we would have a uniform design for the back and the side walls and top could stay that way. you should definitely choose round or angular and not both designs in the same case but I think that goes without saying. maybe you could also use the square holes on the top.. just an idea.

just noticed that AlexTSG wrote exactly the same :S.

Reactions: AlexTSG

Paullawr

Chassis Packer
Feb 28, 2020
Bingo. Thanks Dan. I agree on both. The slots may have improved airlflow but overall impact the aesthetics- massively. I much prefer a clean perforated style.

keep up the great work. You have my vote ?

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
It doesn't have to be one or the other – circles or slots. Pill shapes and rounded-off lines can look very premium...

Has anyone used a this as a vent pattern?

Reactions: thelaughingman