DAN C4-SFX

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
@dondan , if you need someone to test fitment between the C4-SFX chassis & the ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact miniDTX motherboard (and that pesky 82mm from the mobo PCB SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard), especially with a side-mounted 280 AIO, I am you man...!

I would be loading in the C8I mobo with a 3900X CPU & Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT GPU, so thermal testing as well...?!?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
We need to band together and get @Boil a new motherboard

100%.

There's only so many times we can hear about Boil's hopes for a DTX SFF case getting crushed.

Boil flying that DTX flag into the grave. 😅
Bunch of haters, miniDTX is the future of SFF mobos...! You wait until those Threadripper-sized high-end APUs drop...! ;^p

Hoping the C4-SFX chassis is the ticket I need for my superior X570 C8I mobo...!

If not, I might have to see if Buildzoid wants to trade for his X570 Strix ITX mobo...?

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Boil hang tight in there my C8I fellow! Given the dimension of the case I don't see how the C4 would not support mDTX when the M1 does. And yes, they're all haters, we're just ahead of the curve hahaha

@dondan , if you need someone to test fitment between the C4-SFX chassis & the ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact miniDTX motherboard (and that pesky 82mm from the mobo PCB SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard), especially with a side-mounted 280 AIO, I am you man...!

I would be loading in the C8I mobo with a 3900X CPU & Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT GPU, so thermal testing as well...?!?

Mine will be 3900X (followed up 5950X) with 2080ti (maybe Liquid Devil 6800XT) all in a single custom loop

Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
@Boil hang tight in there my C8I fellow! Given the dimension of the case I don't see how the C4 would not support mDTX when the M1 does. And yes, they're all haters, we're just ahead of the curve hahaha

Mine will be 3900X (followed up 5950X) with 2080ti (maybe Liquid Devil 6800XT) all in a single custom loop
Necere & I were speculating (on the SFF.N Discord server) if the SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard would fit with a side-mounted 280 AIO, I think it should fit nice & snug, with a 280 AIO providing support to prevent the daughtercard from sagging in a traditional config with inverted layout...?

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Necere & I were speculating (on the SFF.N Discord server) if the SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard would fit with a side-mounted 280 AIO, I think it should fit nice & snug, with a 280 AIO providing support to prevent the daughtercard from sagging in a traditional config with inverted layout...?
I think it should fit too! worst case scenario you shift the 280 AIO up to the 240 rail on the bracket and secure the top row of screws by different means. we just don't have pictures of the new prototype (thus new side bracket) but it will be coming so hang in there 😁

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Yeah, just venting on it all...! I doubt I would really want to trade with BZ, who knows what the frak he has done to his Strix; and with the cost of the C8I & the WAIT just to get hands on one, I doubt I will get rid of it anytime soon...!

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

(No offense, @Boil, just kidding.)
Seems like it would be more appropriate for the Mesh-Licious thread...

Dan already states that the C4-SFX has DTX support (I can only assume he means mDTX & what is listed in the secs on the first post is simply an omission of the "m"...?

I just ask for clarification / confirmation of compatible fitment with the C8I...! I also offer to T&E a prototype chassis for Dan; stuffing the C8I in there with a 3900X CPU (cooled with a 280 AIO set to exhaust) & Nitro+ 6800 XT GPU (deshrouded/defanned & cooled with a brace of 120x25mm PWM fans set to exhaust)... I would go with the LinusHole PSU attachment method, allowing use of dual 120x15mm PWM fans on the bottom of the chassis (in Traditional config with Inverted mode) set to intake...

I really wanted the Mesh-Licious to work with the C8I, because even though it would be a stand-in until the C4 was available, it was still a decrease in overall chassis volume from my Fractal Era...!

With SFF, one should always strive for a smaller chassis; the Reverse Hermit Crab Scenario...?!?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Prototypes should ne rdy in 2 weeks
Come on Dan, making us wait until next year...!!! ;^p

In other news, I just spent too many hours reading over the entire thread, but no real clarification as to the Impact miniDTX mobo (and TALL daughtercard) having proper fitment in Traditional configuration with a side-mounted 280 AIO...?

Help me ObiDon Kenobi, you're my only hope...! ;^p

Last edited:
  • Haha

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
I am really looking forward to seeing the prototypes of this case. NCASE M1 is the perfect case to build in in terms of space, ease of build and compatibility but I personally don't really dig the design. C4 looks to offer even more flexibility in similar size and have a much nicer exterior (at least for me).

I wish it wasn't planned for so far away but I after trouble most other indie cases have with shipping and manufacturing supply, I can understand need to avoid all that stress. Hopefully H2 2021 will be more shipping friendly.

Reactions: jaeparku

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
@Boil Asus C8I will fit with side mounted 280er if you use one slim fan on the area of C8I.

Noctua is working on A14x15.

Yes mDTX will fit.

May the dtxforce be with you.

240 rad should be fine with full size fans right? since the rad sits 10mm higher than a 280 rad I think it just clears the SO DIMM card?

Mis-matched fans are a travesty...!?!

I guess I might have to stick with my Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 AIO...?

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Mis-matched fans are a travesty...!?!

I guess I might have to stick with my Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 AIO...?
given how the push-pin protrudes into the bottom fan mount, Dan recommended the 140 fans with 120 mount (Noctua NF-A15 for example) which I don't really like those sort of fans. and in dual radiator setup, there's no 20mm thick 280 rad so you'll have to use slim 140mm fans. thus mis-matching regardless.

at this rate personally 240 radiator is the way to go for me

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

I stated the work on manual and carton design. For the last one I need your help. I seach for a nice slogan. On the A4 i wrote: "A new dimension in size". Do you have a idea for the C4?