DAN C4-SFX

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
This man is clearly an idiot, ignore his attention seeking on this sensible and mature thread
What you REALLY want are perforated 530 karat diamond side panels. I've recently learned that diamond is an incredibly versatile and strong substance that can easily be hammered into solid blocks and even shaped into useful tools like pickaxes and offensive weapons like swords. Imagine the durability and look of a bright blue mineral case!!!1! Dan do your research asap
Can even be used to make enchanting tables! You can then use the enchanting table to make the diamond even STRONGER! /s

tokes808

Average Stuffer
Aug 24, 2020
Hey can someone confirm if a rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra will fit in "vertical" mode ? The first page gpu specs says it should just want to make sure. I plan on running a 280mm aio also.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Unless something has changed, according with the 1st page description it would be as follows:

Watercooling
- Max configuration Sandwich: 315x140x30 + 140x140x25 fans
- Max configuration Classic: 320x140x40 + 140x140x25 fans

I suppose you can add like 6 - 8mm for fan clearance and that's it.

If we take as reference the 15mm noctuas in the picture below, that seems to be the case.

Last edited:

khats

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2019
Unless something has changed, according with the 1st page description it would be as follows:

Watercooling
- Max configuration Sandwich: 315x140x30 + 140x140x25 fans
- Max configuration Classic: 320x140x40 + 140x140x25 fans

I suppose you can add like 6 - 8mm for fan clearance and that's it.

If we take as reference the 15mm noctuas in the picture below, that seems to be the case.
ah, thanks. couldn't think of the word clearance when I typed that, but that's what i was looking for

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
The cable in rendering is not the correct length it will be 400mm
Stand-offs will be included.

There would be three possible positions: Front, Bottom and above PSU (like N200)
Front: Only one spot. A second spot will reduce stiffness of the case
Bottom: Still possible by DIY but not as designed because reduce GPU compatibility
Above PSU: Not possible in the C4 because of tube routing of the side mounted AIO

Yes but not official supported.

@ALL SSD/HDD Question:
The most ITX boards does support 2* M.2 drives. Currently the best price/values size is 1TB. So this will result in 2TB fast SSD storage. Now you can add another cheap 2TB SSD at the front. This will result in a total storage size of 4TB. I think more than enough. If you need more just invest more in bigger SSDs like 3*2TB or 3*4TB s.o.
What thickness for the 2.5 inch drive will be supported? There is a 5tb Seagate Barracuda, which is 15.5mm in thickness and since I am planning to use my PC for a plex server as well, it would be nice to have as much storage as possible. I know this is not the purpose of the case and if I want to prioritize storage mini-itx is not for me, but I simply want to know as I plan to buy a 2.5inch HDD in the near future and place it in the C4 when it comes out

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, I have been planning on moving my C8I mobo & build into the Mesh-Licious chassis while waiting for the C4-SFX, but just found out that it (Mesh-Licious) will NOT support mDTX, as I had been led to believe...

So that sucks...!

So, I know the first post says there is support for mDTX, but I just want to clarify, if @dondan could corroborate that the ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact miniDTX motherboard, with the included SO-DIMM.2 daughtercard (which stands 82mm off of the mobo PCB?) will FOR SURE be compatible with the C4-SFX chassis...?!? I mean, it looks like it should fit (in traditional layout) with zero issues, but I just want the assurance from the designer that it will...?!?