DAN C4-SFX

Schnaxelhuber

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Case Looks amazing although i would prefer a sandblasted finish. But Concept wise my favorite case so far.

If I would use the ghetto mod for the gpu, is it still possible to get the feed from the gpu temp-Sensor, in order to regulate the fanspeed?

Reactions: Arboreal

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Schnaxelhuber Just get a GPU mini 4 pin fan to standard 4pin adapter like this:

and a 4pin Y-Adapter

Then you can use MSI Afterburner to control the speeds

Reactions: Arboreal

sasankc

What's an ITX?
New User
May 5, 2020
@dondan Wow this case looks amazing! Good balance between size and cooling capability.
Just an idea.. Is it possible to have feet/bracket so that the case can be oriented vertically?
Im using a Phanteks Evolve Shift right now and love how less area it takes on my desk.
Im looking for something to replace it but with a smaller volume.

Also let me know how I can preorder!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

As I promised here is my next update. The last week I got my missing parts for the test system. This is what I have:

Hardware:

• AMD R9 3900X 12C/24T
  • Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC
  • Gigabyte X570I Aorus Pro Wifi
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • Corsair SF600 Platinum

Cooling:
  • EKWB AIO 240 (very silent pump @60%)
  • Noctua C14S
  • Noctua U9S

I used the first two weeks with the prototype for assembly experience without testing. This was important to get a feeling for the assembly process itself and to identify problems or missing features on parts. I will give you more information on this in my change log for the next sample.

The last week I tested different configurations for the classic layout: Air cooling, water cooling, case orientation, different case feet heights, GPU “Ghetto Mod” and a secret GPU shroud system (more in the next update). I think I got a very good feeling on what needs to be optimized for even better temperatures and what cooling setups/fan orientations will be better than other. I made some beginners mistake, but I found also some unique solutions. More on this on my thermal review later.

This week I will test the sandwich layout.

Here are some pictures of the Ghetto-Mod with 240 AIO and the flipped orientation:

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

Phreno

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2020
I really like the top cover with the transversal cut (like in your renderings) instead of the classic hole pattern solution, i guess you have to increase the thickness of the sheet metal to mantain the same rigidity right?

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
@dondan Hi Dan, I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but have you thought of giving a "finished" sample to Optimum Tech and others(without them making a video) before the production kicks in? I assume there is going to be V2, V3 and so on of this case, and wondered if Optimum got an exampe before the production, then he'll might have some feedback directly to you?

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
@dondan Hi Dan, I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but have you thought of giving a "finished" sample to Optimum Tech and others(without them making a video) before the production kicks in? I assume there is going to be V2, V3 and so on of this case, and wondered if Optimum got an exampe before the production, then he'll might have some feedback directly to you?
Optimum already is using this case and give feedback that's why there are so many changes before go live ;)

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I really like the top cover with the transversal cut (like in your renderings) instead of the classic hole pattern solution, i guess you have to increase the thickness of the sheet metal to mantain the same rigidity right?

Looks like the top panel would need to be a lot thicker for the slotted vents to be rigid enough.

You can see the sample that arrived with the slotted top here:

Although I preferred the slots in the rending, I like the holes better in the actual metal.

Reactions: Phreno and Arboreal

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Looks like the top panel would need to be a lot thicker for the slotted vents to be rigid enough.

Although I preferred the slots in the rending, I like the holes better in the actual metal.

I would prefer thicker panels in general, these remind me of the cheap Ncase M1 panels that feel really plastiky.

The slot-in panels are a turn off, much prefer the slide-in panels from other cases. But at this point, I think it's too late to change things. I'll just wait for reviews to come out.

ReturnedSword

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2018
@dondan is there any consideration for a "stock" filter set to be included/purchased separately? Many will point to buying a Demciflex set, and I'm aware that Demcifilter makes a high quality product, but I find the edges of their filters to be too thick and quite ugly.