DAN C4-SFX

shadow_coder

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 28, 2020
Update:

Some reshots with the Noctua U9S + 2x80mm Noctua Redux at the back panel. So far my favorite build. Very clean cable management with default length cables, and super clean look with the U9S. BTW you see the alternative routing for the power cord to fit 2x 80mm fans.

Also this is the premiere for the third design with power button and USB-C at the front.

At the end the A4-SFX joined in for some shots with the C4-SFX.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel
Nice pictures. Would love to see an 240m AIO build in your prototype.

sheldonsff

What's an ITX?
New User
May 20, 2020
Update:

Some reshots with the Noctua U9S + 2x80mm Noctua Redux at the back panel. So far my favorite build. Very clean cable management with default length cables, and super clean look with the U9S. BTW you see the alternative routing for the power cord to fit 2x 80mm fans.

Also this is the premiere for the third design with power button and USB-C at the front.

At the end the A4-SFX joined in for some shots with the C4-SFX.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

Any chance of a build of the A4 or C4 with more USB ports on the front panel? Overall size becomes a bit of an issue if external hubs necessary - the A4 is great and is net smaller than a few competitors simply because it has a internal PSU instead of an external power brick. ;)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah I'm gonna wait and see. If C4's quality is similar to M1 with flimsy thin pop-in panels, I'll prob just get the M1.

the C4 is coming out of the same Lian-Li factory as the M1 and using the same Lian-Li's push-pin technology, unless there are changes that have not been communicated

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
2mm plate should be sturdy enough. 1.5mm, depends on the shape & surface area & any frame supporting it.

Edit: as in 1.5mm plate won't just anyhow break into 2, but it may flex too easily over a wide surface area.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Sand blasted anodized Ghost s1's thick panels are just amazing every time i touch it. Unless C4 can differentiate itself with high quality materials, I'm afraid it will be just another Ncase M1. Which is no knock against M1 since its an excellent case, but as a previous Ncase M1 user (v5) and current S1 user, the Ncase did feel a little underwhelming.

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
Sand blasted anodized Ghost s1's thick panels are just amazing every time i touch it. Unless C4 can differentiate itself with high quality materials, I'm afraid it will be just another Ncase M1. Which is no knock against M1 since its an excellent case, but as a previous Ncase M1 user (v5) and current S1 user, the Ncase did feel a little underwhelming.

As a current Ghost s1 owner, I think the panels are a little too thick. Makes the case a little too heavy for my liking. A very slight reduction would be preferable for me.

Reactions: ignsvn

warspitebattleship

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2020
I own both Louqe and M1. Black M1 is ok, silver not.
M1 is Just too big, i have place where i can fit another 2 3,5 HDDs+ 2 2.5 and i already have 4 2.5.
Louqe is more premium, but silver surface accumulates grease and dust. It is not on par with macbook finish.
I like that front panel of C4 is bolted to frame, not on pins.
Also i will prefer unpainted frame for silver version - just silver aluminum everywhere.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
What would the advantages/disadvantages be with having the Rad at the bottom of the case in sandwich layout Vs having the Rad on the side panel in transitional layout?

hblockx

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 3, 2020
I wish we could move the backplate to the middle and use the sandwich-layout as in a4 but with a 240mm radiator below :'D So in the front the mb and cpu and graphicscard on the back of the mb.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
What would the advantages/disadvantages be with having the Rad at the bottom of the case in sandwich layout Vs having the Rad on the side panel in transitional layout?

unobstructed air intake for side panel rad vs obstructed air intake for bottom mounted rad - the fans only have the gaps between bottom panel and desk surface to draw air in.

Harding

Efficiency Noob
May 13, 2020
[...] bottom mounted rad - the fans only have the gaps between bottom panel and desk surface to draw air in.

That's why I have some long 3D-printed feet on my A4-SFX (+21mm). Works great, makes it a bit easier to clean the desk as well and I still like the aesthetics of the case (others may not :D) I'll probably do the same for this C4 (that is, if someone would model the feet for me ?) and actually, while I'm in this train of thought: maybe it's possible to create something like this:

So basically adding some additional ports to the higher feet as well (excuse my quick 'n dirty Paint skills :D) Again: I'm just thinking out loud, I'm not requesting this or anything. Maybe as a handy add-on or a third-party accessory for this case ? (contact me for royalties ? ?)

Keep the updates coming, Dan! Much appreciated!

Reactions: rfarmer

thewinger

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2020
I think the flipped transitional layout with rad will be my move from the core 500.
Can’t wait to be able to by it!

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Man, i miss these earlier designs..
Yeah, the wraparound body panels especially, they just look magnificent. Overall though I think the C4 has improved a lot.

@dondan you never respond to this subject, so accept my apology if it's awkward to discuss. But I only say this politely: if it should ever become possible to offer a wraparound top+side panel option, even at additional expense, then that would be very welcome and excellent. Cheers.

Reactions: Hoarst