DAN C4-SFX

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
For multiple USB-C ports it requires a USB-HUB-PCB or two different connections for USB-C one with key-a and the other with the old 20pin. For the current USB-C I use a PCB with a female port for the I/O and a male port on the inside. The advantage is that you can connect whatever extension cable you like on the inner male port. For example you can use a USB-C female to 20pin, USB-C female to key-a or USB-C female to USB-C male an route a through a special hole under the GPU to the GPU itself or the motherboard I/O.

@Arboreal Sorry I am not a fan of this power button.

Thanks for looking, Dan. I quite understand, apparently it is YOUR design after all!

The USB-C arrangement sounds excellent, make your own arrangement to connect to the motherboard.

I forgot to say that I did like the logo on the front. I know that some don't like it, but if it's as you have suggested, it is as discreet as the NCase M1. I rarely notice mine on the silver case, but it is good to have something subtle to break up a potentially large and plain area on the front panel.

It's all coming together very nicely; bring on the prototype

Reactions: dondan

Karamazov555

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 14, 2020
@dondan, wow come down he just stated that they look the same on the outside, which they do. @emadshaabani didn't accuse anyone of anything.
As you said many times, it's not like you or Louqe or Jonsbo for that matter, invented the round corners and tempered glass.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Karamazov555: It would be the same if you write to Apple that there new Mac Book looks similar to Huawai Mate Book. The Jonsbo A4 would not exist if I had not created the A4-SFX. While the Jonsbo A4 use the well-known short version of my product name and also the same layout with AIO support he only mentioned that my new case looks similar (only round corners). Furthermore why should someone write in a development thread "hey your product looks similar to produtc XYZ"? I only see four options, a joke, just to let me know, advertise a different product or say you copy from company XYZ. I thought it was a joke ;)

Last edited:

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
@dondan I suspect the reason for the mistake is that "Is this a joke?" is easily read as an aggressive challenge rather than an honest inquiry. (Cue emoji for clarity.) Example: think about (English) TV or film where one character retorts with "Is this some kind of a joke??" or "You must be joking..."

Separate from all of that, a sincere congratulations to you on the revised design. I adore the look of the slotted top vents. :)

Karamazov555

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 14, 2020
I really assumed it was the "just let me know" option, maybe I'm too candid. Anyways the real joke is that Jonsbo's GPU side... how does it "breathe"?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I really assumed it was the "just let me know" option, maybe I'm too candid. Anyways the real joke is that Jonsbo's GPU side... how does it "breathe"?

It doesn't. Lot of us case makes bust our balls to make high performance cases that allow very good temperatures (even better than in average standard size case), but unfortunately good number of people prefer the "aesthetic" approach, and then sff cases get a reputation for being loud and hot.

Sorry for the OT, but I had to write this little rant.

emadshaabani

Efficiency Noob
Aug 28, 2019
I just want to clarify that I didn’t mean to harm or to upset anyone. People should think before overreacting and get angry. I’m not here to fight, I’m here because I like the commitment and hard work of @dondan and his products. I know that Jonsbo has copied the name and everything. What I said was that the cases had similar exterior designs. How is that a bad comment? If anyone has copied anything it’s Jonsbo that copied Dan Cases. And my comment was meant more like a joke that they had copied the C4 design before it even was out...

muSashi

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2019
Can you make the top part/panel silver as well? In the renders it looks to be black/grey? But maybe that is just the shadows of the renders.

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
According to the pictures posted, it looks like you cannot use the rear c14 connector with rear 80mm×2 fans. Also, i dont see the screw holes for them.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@muSashi Yes the top panel will be black for all versions. I do not like it to have it in silver for the silver version.
@DKsystem: You can and there are mount points for the fans. If you like to use 2x 80mm you have to unscrew the C14 and route it through a hole above the ATX I/O shield.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
The design is quite futuristic, especially the corrugated venting of the top panel, and i think dondan have put a lot of effort in this project. I think emadshaabani was merely having a bit of fun. As for the design, i think the c-port should be on the front panel at the bottom right corner, while the power button on the top panel, over the middle front in the type of led switch...

gil

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
I applied my opinion to final survey. actually I wanna power button at back panel. it'll be made more great design of DAN series.

• Sad
Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

muSashi

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2019
@muSashi Yes the top panel will be black for all versions. I do not like it to have it in silver for the silver version.
@DKsystem: You can and there are mount points for the fans. If you like to use 2x 80mm you have to unscrew the C14 and route it through a hole above the ATX I/O shield.

So the silver version of the case is basically a black and silver version, not just silver. Bummer, I would really loved an all silver version.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@gil: A power button on the back has two problems:
1) Not every customers place the case on the desk.
2) It is possible to flip the case 180°. If the button is on the default position on the top area of the back panel and you rotate the case this button will be hard to reach.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Today i found out that also the sandwich layout will support indirect gpu cooling. If you remove the default fans of your card you can add your own fans by using the 240 AIO bracket. For example get a 2.5 Slot card like an Gigabyte RXT 2080 remove the default fans and add two 120x120x25 fans to the AIO bracket.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Indirect cooling of a GPU in sandwich mode: