DAN C4-SFX

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@gasmeone: Sorry but your layout idea with radiator on back of motherboard requires heavy changes to the design so this is not possible. For the GPU question: You can rotate the case so the GPU can pull fresh air from the top side.

Here is a comparison of i/o on front vs on top:

While the i/o and power less front looks very clean it also looks a bit of boring?
Damn @dondan not gonna lie, the TG side panels have made this case sexy again for me! So, I wanted to share my thoughts!

For the Top-Panel Vent Hole Design is it possible to add Square Vents as an option? I think it could fit well with the back side of the case.

For the Front I/O I'd say either of the two options below:
1) keep the USB-C and move the power button to the back of the case.
2) Power Button and USB-C at the top panel BUT distance the two (Power Button on the right side, USB-C on the left side), it will look MUCH better.
(images here => https://abload.de/img/c44444444444dpk29.png)

Front panel is not boring, it's minimal! ;)

Just my humble opinion of course!

Last edited:

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
While the i/o and power less front looks very clean it also looks a bit of boring?
Totally agree.
The Glass Panels complement the front really well.

In terms of vent holes I am still uncertain as the side panels and top don't seem coherent (round versus slots, margin on the sides vs. no margin left and right on top).

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Damn @dondan not gonna lie, the TG side panels have made this case sexy again for me! So, I wanted to share my thoughts!

For the Top-Panel Vent Hole Design is it possible to add Square Vents as an option? I think it could fit well with the back side of the case.

For the Front I/O I'd say either of the two options below:
1) keep the USB-C and move the power button to the back of the case.
2) Power Button and USB-C at the top panel BUT distance the two (Power Button on the right side, USB-C on the left side), it will look MUCH better.
(images here => https://abload.de/img/c44444444444dpk29.png)

Front panel is not boring, it's minimal! ;)

Just my humble opinion of course!
Have to say, I really like the look of 6, but I think DAN is done with suggestions since he's put up a poll.

Reactions: Metroversal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
i/o less and power less front is just amazing! I cannot help but laugh at the reflection though...

Well spotted! I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. That stray USB 'C' has spoiled the illusion.

I think I was carried away by the RGB action that was going on there ?

I can't decide between clean/boring. What's not in doubt is that the TG option looks epic.

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
With the introduction of the glass side panel, I think the original front IO is necessary. Without it, the front becomes bland and rather identity-less. Besides, the original front IO has really started to grow on me.

Reactions: dondan

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
UPVOTE

In this survey I like to know what front I/O and top panel vent design you like to have on the final product. This survey will be available one week. After this week I will start prototyping this product.

Thank you for your time and help!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
With the introduction of the glass side panel, I think the original front IO is necessary. Without it, the front becomes bland and rather identity-less. Besides, the original front IO has really started to grow on me.
I see what you mean, personally I think the USB-C can stay there, the only thing that I really don't like is the Power Button.
@dondan do you think is possible to have a different "shape" for the Power Button? what about a small rounded rectangle? Imho the very best solution would bew to use the same shape as the USB-C port. I think it will look more balanced.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
From my experience having a power button with a surface large enough to almost always hit it on the first try is crucial. I hate the power button of my Antec 300. Therefor I would prefer a round shape.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Metroversal A USB-C is very small so a power on button in this size is maybe too small. But I link your idea for the front I/O arangement. If I will go for top I/O i will use it and honor you in the manual :)

@ALL: If I go for top I/O do you think it is worth to print the DAN logo on the bottom of the front panel like this (white on the silver version and black on the black version) And yes you can rotate the front panel so if you rotate the case the logo will be not upside down:

Last edited:

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@Metroversal A USB-C is very small so a power on button in this size is maybe too small. But I like your idea for the front I/O arangement. If I will go for top I/O i will use it and honor you in the manual :)

@ALL: If I go for top I/O do you think it is worth to print the DAN logo on the bottom of the front panel like this (white on the silver version and black on the black version):
Noted on the Power Button, maybe I'm too obsessed with minimalism lol.
Also, no need to mention me anywhere, just sharing my feedback! :thumb:

For the Dan logo, I'll be ok with either decision. I mean, maybe I'd prefer a minimal look, but your logo is super clean and simple. I won't be bothered at all.

Reactions: Kapsi and fabio

Jeydub

Cable Smoosher
Oct 28, 2018
I’ll take whatever that case is please?

More seriously, I could see how the subtle logo could add a little something something to an otherwise empty front panel. I prefer how the black looks on the black as opposed to the white on the silver; it’s hidden enough that it doesn’t jump out yet you know it’s there. The white on silver grabs too much attention imo which would push me to the black version. Although to round up my post, I think I’d rather see a naked front panel and the logo on the back similar to the A4.

Edit: Just realizing those are pics of the original C4, damn i still love that design and wish it worked out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapsi

teajanky

Chassis Packer
Feb 1, 2019
I prefer the #1 front panel with i/o but the #6 top panel i/o with even spacing is a very close second. I think your logo could look good on the clean front panel, i like it equaly with or without it.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
As long as the logo is subtle, I think most people would be fine with it, including me.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan do you think it's possible to add a second USB-C port in case you opt for Top I/O?
Considering the fact that you can only install a single 2.5" drive, with a volume that's more than 10L, a single USB-C port may not be enough.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I think @Metroversal's idea for the power button shape is great. Maybe like the power button on the Evolv ITX? That's was one of the few good features on that monstrosity... Nice shape, shame about the massive size and dire lack of airflow.

Reactions: Metroversal

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
@dondan Whoa, glad to see this project resurfacing. Just filled out the survey for you, but I agree with others that it looks cleanest with the IO on the top panel.

It's hard to tell from the renders - is there room to run additional slim fans on the other end of the case when you're running a 240mm Rad on the bottom for water cooling? Thanks!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Metroversal: The Case supports up to 3x 2.5" drives. (I updated the first post)

Classic HW Layout- PSU facing the right side: 1x next to the PSU + 1x bottom (only 2 Slot card possible)
Classic HW Layout- PSU facing the front side: 2x behind the PSU + 1x bottom (only 2 Slot card possible)
Sandwich Layout- PSU facing the right side: 1x next to the PSU

For multiple USB-C ports it requires a USB-HUB-PCB or two different connections for USB-C one with key-a and the other with the old 20pin. For the current USB-C I use a PCB with a female port for the I/O and a male port on the inside. The advantage is that you can connect whatever extension cable you like on the inner male port. For example you can use a USB-C female to 20pin, USB-C female to key-a or USB-C female to USB-C male an route a through a special hole under the GPU to the GPU itself or the motherboard I/O.

@Arboreal Sorry I am not a fan of this power button.

@bigwhiteyeti Currently there are no mountpoints an nearly no space for a fan above the motherboard. I can look into this topic but I think it will not work.

Last edited: