DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I meant the C4. As far as I uderstood, the drivebay for two SSDs was on top of that "grill" above the fans?

All my comments have been about the A4. You could do the EVGA 1080 in the A4. I'll let Dan have the thread back now.

Redlion

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2018
So, when is the Kickstarter campaign starting?, this is my favourite case after the Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Elite, I know it is ATX but like how it looks, but this is my favourite case in the ITX section. And I really hope you include the option of a Glass/acrylic window. Are you?

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
I have created a list of parts, could someone verify if this would be perfect for the case?
and if you have any suggestions to the list itself then go ahead and point it out for me
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T7T2qk
Why do you have a Corsair AM4 retention kit there? NZXT ships them for free if you buy their AIO from an official reseller. Also, X370 isn't worth it over B350. And you can overclock a 1700 to perform at 1800X levels so you don't need to spend extra.

This case also might take some time until it is ready. Kickstarter has not even started yet.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
I'd suggest you go with the ASUS B350 if you want a quality mobo. ASRock is a good budget alternative though.
While it's true that the ASRock X370 comes with bifurcation support... Are you really going to be using it?

As for the SDDs... It looks like at least 2 can be mounted above the motherboard, by the top panel. If you still need more 2.5" space, then you can buy some 3M duallock and tape it onto the PSU or any other space you find.
Obviously, don't tape it onto the GPU backplate.

Reactions: Edward Hay

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
I recommend not to buy the Asrock X370 or the Asrock B350.
The have the m.2 connector on the back of the mobo. This means the evo 960 m.2 ssd will get pretty warm.

Get a mobo that has the m.2 connection on the front with passive cooling, I think asus has this option.

Kamiii

Caliper Novice
Dec 20, 2017
I recommend not to buy the Asrock X370 or the Asrock B350.
The have the m.2 connector on the back of the mobo. This means the evo 960 m.2 ssd will get pretty warm.

Get a mobo that has the m.2 connection on the front with passive cooling, I think asus has this option.

But the asus has no vrm's for an integrated gpu right? Which means that if ryzen+ are apu's, the mobo wont work for it... Or does it? I dunno... Do mobo's without vrm's for igpu actually work with apu's while disabling the igpu?

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
That is correct, asus did not add the vrm's.
The power supply is also restricted, so I doubt if the APU's will be used (but I am not sure).

With a GTX1080 on his list it does not matter ;)

Kamiii

Caliper Novice
Dec 20, 2017
That is correct, asus did not add the vrm's.
The power supply is also restricted, so I doubt if the APU's will be used (but I am not sure).

With a GTX1080 on his list it does not matter ;)

But just from genuine interest, if an apu was used on this mobo, how would it act? Would only the igpu not work? Or would the whole processor not work at all?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
But just from genuine interest, if an apu was used on this mobo, how would it act? Would only the igpu not work? Or would the whole processor not work at all?

The Asus lists the AMD 7th Generation A-series as compatible with this motherboard along with Ryzen, so I would guess that the igpu would just not work.

Redlion

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2018
The retention bracket was actually for the H100i, cause it is cheaper and good enough for a Ryzen CPU Overclock, think I might move on to that, instead of the X52. And you say that the M.2 SSD is on the back on the X370. So, I am thinking of moving on to an Asus Strix B350-I gaming motherboard. I anyway don't need the Igpu expect for troubleshooting. Hope that is not a problem. So, you guys think this might work out perfectly for the case?

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
The ASUS X370 is okay for OC. But like all other mini-ITX mobo's you will not get extreme numbers.
Nevertheless within a normal range you will be able to push the numbers easily.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Could someone tell me when might the Kickstarter campaign start?
The only one I am aware that could tell us that is DAN.

As the thread title states "CONCEPT" and there is no mention of a next phase, I can speculate it could be some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.