DAN B4-SFX

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
1. The exhaust radiator (formerly the top) should now face the back and away from the user. It would pull cold air through the front and sides, and exhaust the heat away.
then all the IO cables will come at the user, remember the internal layout is still going to be B4/Meshlicious with 90-degree rotated motherboard

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
then all the IO cables will come at the user, remember the internal layout is still going to be B4/Meshlicious with 90-degree rotated motherboard

You’re correct. I missed the part where he was using the modified internals. All of my comments are for if the internals match the A4, and the MB would face down.

Reactions: thelaughingman

sffaddiction

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2020
Loving this case, are there any plans to make hdd mounting brackets if you use shorter cards ala ZS ST v1?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Loving this case, are there any plans to make hdd mounting brackets if you use shorter cards ala ZS ST v1?

That will cook the drives. I know from personal experience. If there was a metal heat shield between the ITX GPU the drives though it would work.

Reactions: Arboreal

definelicht

Caliper Novice
Sep 24, 2020
How should we interpret that this has been unstickied? Has the project been abandoned, or just demoted to "might not happen"?

Rollingstar

Case Bender
New User
Sep 1, 2021
The current project is too close to the Meshlicious, the demand is not that high and I am currently not working on it, so I unstick it.
Shame to hear, the B4 was really compelling to me. Any plans to revisit this project in the future or should I not hold my breath?

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
I think there's a market for this. A vertical version of the A4-H20, which means 25mm fans and availability through regular retail channels (both unlike the T1). Smaller than the Meshilicious. Wahaha isn't working with SSUPD on Meshi anymore, so who knows where that sits long term, anyway.

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
Great case but remove all your circle/ring holes and make hexagonal holes all across the case,just like Velka 5 or phanteks evolv , Anthe w19 or some other cases, its more beautiful and looks more premium and u got more air, your holes are to small and U quick find dust, , just make bigger holes and u dont have problem with dust....and put later after release some option for tempered glass panel option too it would be nice and please do option for pcie riser 5.0 period U need that in 2022....

Last edited:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I think it's fine if this gets put aside. I mean there's no need to make a DAN version of every successful case out there.
Back then, the A4 was the case that got copied by everyone else - and for good reason. Having that and maybe the C4 (especially with the M1 discontinuing) is fine. These products will be more disctinct and genuine that way.

oranellis

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2021
I vote for 280 for two reasons:
1. For custom loops, a single slim 240 isn't enough to dissipate 350W+ of heat at comfortable noise levels. For reference, 5900X + 3080 FE consume ~445W at stock. 280 rads have ~36% more surface area than 240 and can handle such load quite well. I would also make sure that 280 GTS fits in this case which is the best slim 280 rad available.
2. 140mm fans provide more airflow than their 120mm counterparts at the same noise levels (or same airflow at lower noise levels).
I agree, 280 is the way to go. I run a 3080 and 5900X and have tried both on an EK SE 280 (28mm) and it's definitely doable, maxing out both CPU and GPU does get a bit toasty though unless you've got fans at 100%. On the other hand a 240 thermal throttled and both of these are in open-air environments.

This case looks very exciting though! Might have even gone with this over the C4 if they were both out

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Aegyuptus

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2022
Just an idea, but have you thought of adjusting the venting pattern on the front to emphasize the vertical nature of the case and perhaps increase airflow through to the rad?

Something like the following - I apologize in advance for my photoshop skills, or lack thereof:

Alternatively - something like this could work:

The RAW S1 does this in a far more limited fashion, and I wonder if it could be improved on and softened with more venting area and rounded slits.
I know I'm almost half a year late to reply, but your photoshop skills are on point, and I'd buy that black-white combo case today if it were available on the market.