DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Sigurd

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2018
That 8700k temp is ridiculously low. Sub 60 degrees? What in the world? How is that even possible? Seriously asking this question because you typically have to have a cooler the size of a Noctua D9L to be able to get this low.
Did you undervolt the 8700k? What are your settings?

Curious to know what your temps are like in Prime 95 26.6 with ftt in place. Can u do that?

Havent done anything to settings. no undervolt. my temps in prime 95 26.6 with ftt after 32 min:

Queenmallory

What's an ITX?
Apr 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have several questions for dondan regarding the GPU part for the DAN A4-SFX V2 or V3 that I will buy.

I don't understand this point for graphics cards:

width

Without backplate: 40 mm
Including backplate: 45 mm

It's not the opposite you want to say ?

Without the backplate should be larger and with the backplate smaller ?

You talk about the backplate that can equip some graphics cards or the side panel ?

An example, if I take the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8GD5 (http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=B66182B7-1EA6-42A9-8762-FCCE003B491A&lang=eng) with these dimensions 260 (L) X 135 (W) X 43 (H) / mm?Will that go and could I close the side panel or the window panel ?

Or is it better to take his little sister: the SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GD5 (http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=77B48A1E-9FCB-4F19-BC2D-17C3087E4852&lang=eng) with this dimensions 230 (L) x 125 (W) x 40 (H) mm.

Knowing that both have a backplate. The Nitro+ has heat pipes above, it will not interfere ?

Can you help me please, the goal is that I can close the side panel or put the panel window, I do not want to leave the case open.

Thanking you in advance.

Queenmallory (France)

Last edited:

elijahk33

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 14, 2018
Hi, please excuse me if this has been answered already.
With M.2 drives installed on the back of the motherboard, how are temperatures on the m.2 drive?

Reactions: Molly111

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Aug 23, 2017
Evening folks, I will soon be bedding my pc in my DAN v.2 but, I haven't bought a PSU yet. So far it is between the Corsair SF600, the BeQuiet SFX-L 600W and the FSP Daggar 600W (Though I am open to any others). All else being equal, Silence is THE most important factor. As a side note, I am probably around 500W consumption at full load which means the PSU's will be pushed to their higher RPM settings.
(please do not suggest anything less than 500W).
Thank you

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
Have anyone tried to use the Noctua L9x65 with 2 or 4 A4x10 fans in the vertical direction??

The height of L9x65 without the fan is 51mm, yes it won't fit using the default panel but using the window it fits.
I think the biggest advantage of the tower coolers is that they do not recycle the hot air while they push it in vertical direction from the direction the heat comes.
I want something that looks like this approach. The heat comes horizontally (from the perspective we see the dan case) and the fans push the air vertically to the top of the case.

I'm thinking of replacing my Cryorig C7 and looking for options....

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Thanks for the info. Would you advise using a 120 (with larger center dead zone) than the 92?

I wouldn't, the heatsink is designed for the 92 and I figure the 120 would perform a few degrees worse because it will be off center and have a larger deadzone like you said. The only benefit in my mind (aside from looks) was for more airflow over the other board components but I never ended up mounting it.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
In 5 hours and 20minutes the HOF registration deadline will end.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
DAN Cases – Hall of Fame Voting

I like to thank everyone for sending me so many great pictures. Too bad not everyone can be in this voting so don’t be sad if your picture is not in the list. The selection was very hard, but these are the best 12 pictures in my opinion.

My choice was made based on image quality, creativity and build execution. Now it is your turn! Please rate the pictures so we can find the best ones. Every picture can be rated by a value between 1 and 5. 1 is the lowest score and 5 the highest. Please take your time and enjoy the pictures.

I wish you much fun.

PS: The voting will end in 14 days.

Link to Voting

With best regards

Daniel Hansen

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I currently work on the water cooling manual/guide for the A4-SFXv3. It will be available as an PDF on dan-cases.com. It will include all three possebilities to installe an AIO inside the v3.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I currently work on the water cooling manual/guide for the A4-SFXv3. It will be available as an PDF on dan-cases.com. It will include all three possebilities to installe an AIO inside the v3.

thats a short card. almost 90% of the people who buys your case is using a full sized reference card.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The AIO bracket is included the bracket for the external HDPlex connector can be ordered together with the HDPlex. You need to unscrew the AC Power socket an than you can install the DC power bracket at the back.

Last edited:

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
that's nice. having many installation options for 7 liters case is really good. itx sized gpu, 120mm AIO cpu cooler and SFX psu within 7 liters seem really impressive.