DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Fenrir

Caliper Novice
Feb 7, 2018
Well I decided on the A4 and ordered one of the V3 cases. Now for what will seem like a awfully long wait. I do get confused about the graphics card though. I see many places saying that I should use a blower type card for this case but I have seen many builds not using them. Would my system benefit from a blower card or will I be fine with the aftermarket type which runs quieter and cooler. Many thanks i’m Sure I will have other questions as I go never built a small firm factor before.
Just use an aftermarket open type. A blower type will be louder, while a open style won't necessarily make the case much hotter than the blower style, but will be more silent.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Well I decided on the A4 and ordered one of the V3 cases. Now for what will seem like a awfully long wait. I do get confused about the graphics card though. I see many places saying that I should use a blower type card for this case but I have seen many builds not using them. Would my system benefit from a blower card or will I be fine with the aftermarket type which runs quieter and cooler. Many thanks i’m Sure I will have other questions as I go never built a small firm factor before.

1060 open card should be fine. 1080? YMMV (and I shudder at thinking about your wallet).

DefunctTeacher

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for!

Will be getting a second 92mm fan in for intake below the GPU and beside the Asetek AIO once I have ordered the case. Cannot wait to downsize from the NZXT H400 into this :)

Cheers!

My build is not as sophisticated as some here but it is mine :D

This is a GTX 1080Ti. I wasn't happy with FE temps and noise so I replaced it with a EVGA SC heatsink and 2 Noctua 92mm slim fans.

92mm fan for intake.

Fenrir

Caliper Novice
Feb 7, 2018
I just noticed that there are no black v3s left to preorder on sfflab.com. So happy I've already got mine pre-ordered.

Pedro

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2017
I placed an order for a Rev 3 a4-sfx so I hope to be building sometime early this summer.

When running a fan under the SFX power supply do you guys use it as intake or exhaust?

Also, I will be running an NH-L9i, do you guys have the fan blow down on the Mobo?

This will be my first SFF build and don't want to mess it up. I won't be doing any Overclocking so I expect to use an 8700 (non-k) and a blower style GPU (likely a 1070ti or 1080 or maybe if something new comes out this summer when GDDR6 hits the market).

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I would like to learn which 120mm AIO cpu coolers are compatible when itx size gpu is used?

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Thaks for the replies. I've got a Silverstone TD03-Lite that has 27mm thick radiator. It will work if I replace the fan with a slimmer one.

Yorkfield

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2018
Hi, does a 200 mm fan such as the Noctua NF-A20 PWM (200 x 200 x 30 mm / 350 to 800 RPM) fit to the left hand side of the case, with the side panel on, if I don't use a graphics card?

Last edited:

Sigurd

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2018
Build my first SFF after inspiration her on this forum, and made it in the Dan case.
her is my build(sry if i iam posting the wrong place) :
- Intel Core i7-8700K (delidded with rockit cool) Coollaboratory Liquid Pro
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming, S1151
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
- Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD
- Asetek 545LC 92mm /w Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
- Corsair SF600, 600W PSU SFX Form Factor /w Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
- Corsair SF Serie Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit
- Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH
and more Noctuna fun :)
Pictures:
the crib

Front/side (did some mistakes drilling hole :( :

other side: ( add to moddify the Gpu some to get it to fit)

more of the gpu:

Inside:

After running 3dmark, i think its good temps?? any other test i could run ?:

Outstanding and fun box to build in. I enjoyed it.
Suggestion for improvement or something else?
:)

Reactions: Nanook

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Build my first SFF after inspiration her on this forum, and made it in the Dan case.
her is my build(sry if i iam posting the wrong place) :
- Intel Core i7-8700K (delidded with rockit cool) Coollaboratory Liquid Pro
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming, S1151
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
- Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD
- Asetek 545LC 92mm /w Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
- Corsair SF600, 600W PSU SFX Form Factor /w Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
- Corsair SF Serie Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit
- Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH
and more Noctuna fun :)
Pictures:
the crib

Front/side (did some mistakes drilling hole :( :

other side: ( add to moddify the Gpu some to get it to fit)

more of the gpu:

Inside:

After running 3dmark, i think its good temps?? any other test i could run ?:

Outstanding and fun box to build in. I enjoyed it.
Suggestion for improvement or something else?
:)
That 8700k temp is ridiculously low. Sub 60 degrees? What in the world? How is that even possible? Seriously asking this question because you typically have to have a cooler the size of a Noctua D9L to be able to get this low.
Did you undervolt the 8700k? What are your settings?

Curious to know what your temps are like in Prime 95 26.6 with ftt in place. Can u do that?