DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
So I am in the midst of finishing my 3080 FE build and I can definitely echo what @Maeiourk and @PorKOON did:

I unscrewed the end of the PCIe Riser and I added a mobo standoff to the existing standoffs, which pushes the card out towards the case

This actually helps with aligning the ports in the back and the card is very nice and stable in there

Currently working on undervolting - when pure stock, temps peaked at 89°C with throttling down to 1635 Mhz but so far at 950 mV, I'm getting clocks at 1800 MHz and temps at 81°C - massive improvement!
Almost 90?! My stock wasn’t reaching that high. It wasn’t going above 83 for stock. Currently clock at 1875 MHz and 825 mV, my temp is stable at 74.

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018
Is there any ETA on the dan spacer?
Does anyone have a 3d printing file a 2.5 slot spacer as well ?

Last edited:

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I don’t believe Dan has committed to either a spacer or new extended sides. The spacer mentioned upthread is here:

Reactions: Blitzhex

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
I am hopeful that this is the correct place for this question. It's been a while since I posted but with the new RTX 3060 TI coming out I am looking to upgrade my PSU from 450w to at least 550w.

My question:
Do I go SFX-L with a bigger fan or do I go SFX with the 92mm Noctua under it?
Is it even possible to get a slim Noctua under a SFX-L?

Looking for best thermals. Lets assume both PSU options are GOLD PLUS and will have the same wattage. If thermal performance won't really change that much I think I'd try to get a SFX-L as at the moment I can get more wattage cheaper and maybe future proof myself a tad more.

thanks,

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Just got my AXP-90 mounted and really happy with the temps in my Dan A4. One issue though, with the side on noise is much louder. I come from an l9a with fan duct, so was not use to any turbulence. Any advice?
Tried to add a space between the corner of the fan and the side, but doesnt really have an impact.

White Wolf

Chassis Packer
Sep 25, 2020
Just got my AXP-90 mounted and really happy with the temps in my Dan A4. One issue though, with the side on noise is much louder. I come from an l9a with fan duct, so was not use to any turbulence. Any advice?
Tried to add a space between the corner of the fan and the side, but doesnt really have an impact.

First, the fans on AXP-90 are louder than noctua and there is little you can do. However, if you are coming from a Cryorig C7g then they are quieter. I guess you spoiled yourself with noctua fans 😉 As a side note, would not recommend putting a noctua fan on the AXP-90 as it actually increases the temps by about 4C.

Second (I guess this was the answer you were looking for), with the AXP-90 being a cooler that sits flush against the side, will undoubtedly amplify fan noises due to wind turbulence. I’m afraid there is no solution other than keeping the side panel off. Increasing the gap by a few mm with some spacers also won’t help as you need at least 1cm clearance to bypass turbulence related noise.

Hope this helps…

PantherB

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
I think Dan said something about using some sort of mesh applied to the fan to reduce turbulence noise. Can someone confirm this? Temps would be higher though I guess.

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
First, the fans on AXP-90 are louder than noctua and there is little you can do. However, if you are coming from a Cryorig C7g then they are quieter. I guess you spoiled yourself with noctua fans 😉 As a side note, would not recommend putting a noctua fan on the AXP-90 as it actually increases the temps by about 4C.

Second (I guess this was the answer you were looking for), with the AXP-90 being a cooler that sits flush against the side, will undoubtedly amplify fan noises due to wind turbulence. I’m afraid there is no solution other than keeping the side panel off. Increasing the gap by a few mm with some spacers also won’t help as you need at least 1cm clearance to bypass turbulence related noise.

Hope this helps…
Thanks, but Im perfectly fine with the cooler at 100% with fans on, but that turbulence...

only upgraded the cooler to get less noise, so didnt really play out at first.

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
Soda is slowly time that I also start to build something.

Something with

AMD 5600X by 300

B550 e.g. https://geizhals.at/asus-rog-strix-b550-i-gaming-a2295415.html?hloc=at
3060 TI Founder Edition for 400 Euro
2 TB NVME SSD e.g. https://geizhals.eu/corsair-force-series-mp510-1-92tb-cssd-f1920gbmp510-a1907873.html Target max 250 Euro
Thermalright AXP-90R Full Copper with Noctua ( can you strap a 120 on it ? )
Corsair SF600
Corsair Vengeance LPX black DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3600, CL18-22-22-42
Dan sfx 4.1

( euros )
250ssd
300 cpu
200 motherboard
400 graka
50 cooler+ fan
230 Housing
20 Ram ( already bought )
125 Power supply unit
-------------
1575 Euro

Do you think this is a good station wagon? I don't want to spend more money. Mainboard I find expensive. I'd like to have the 5800X but it costs too much for it and I only want to spend some money for editing videos. 4k with DLSS on 4k TV with mid to high quality setting or 2k at Epic Details.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Asus Turbo a RTX 3090 that will fit in the A4-SFX:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe not as silent as triple slot triple fan cards but without a review not valueable.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
So the clock is under 1635 MHz?
The normal boost clock frequency for mine is 1860-1890MHz.
In demanding games GPU operates at the temperature limit of 83 degrees and has to drop the clock frequency by ~100Mhz to stay under the limit.

Last edited: