DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
AMD has introduced its new graphics cards. According to the description the smallest one has even a 2 slot heat sink

The reference design of all three graphics cards is equipped with an almost identical cooler, which offers 3 axial fans.
The reference cooler
the Radeon RX 6800 is 2.0 Slot (250 Watt TBP)
RX 6800 XT and Radeon RX 6900 XT each with 2.5 slots. (250 Watt TBP)
All three graphics cards are 27 cm long and use two standard 8-pin power plugs

Wouldn't such a RX6800 with undervolting to max 0.9v also do well in Dan ?

I would really like to try a Dan with 5800x and RX6800 :). Do you get that halfway quiet ? The thing doesn't need benchmarks only demanding games in 4k.

echodriver

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2020
Good catch that the regular RX6800 is a true dual slot - the reference one should fit no problem

Damn. Really pissed that the 6800XT is 2.5 slots.

It says 2.5 slot but looks closer to a 2.2 slot - might fit if you use washers instead of spacers for the PCIe riser. The EVGA 3080 XC3 protrudes slightly from the bracket but JUST fits the Dan A4 without moving the PCIe riser - I'm curious to see the actual dimensions of the 6800XT

Reactions: Bonusround

bahdom

Case Bender
New User
Sep 16, 2020
RTX 3080 compatibility list:

too bad that there are so many cards more that Dual-Slot. So there are only a few cards that will fit:

CardA4-SFX
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080not fit
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OCnot fit
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080not fit
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 OCnot fit
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Gamingnot fit
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gamingnot fit
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Black Gamingfit
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Gamingfit
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Gamingfit
Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenixnot fit
Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix GSnot fit
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Masternot fit
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtremenot fit
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OCnot fit
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OCnot fit
INNO3D GeForce RTX 3080 iCHILL X3not fit
INNO3D GeForce RTX 3080 iCHILL X4not fit
INNO3D GeForce RTX 3080 Twin X2 OCnot fit
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming Trionot fit
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trionot fit
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3Xnot fit
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Editionfit(rotate PSU)
Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPronot fit
Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro OCnot fit
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 OC XLR8 Gamingnot fit
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 OC XLR8 Gaming Epic-Xnot fit
Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Trinitynot fit
Which of these would fit the A4 if I got the expander here?

Reactions: sashmt85

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Which of these would fit the A4 if I got the expander here?

All cards that are no longer than 285m.
You can fit even 4 slot GPU with small use of Dremel :). Digg on Reddit there is a post with 3090 founders edition and, I think here someone linked it as well. I'm planning to do the same if I'm able to obtain an RTX 3000 or RX 6000 card;o

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Good catch that the regular RX6800 is a true dual slot - the reference one should fit no problem

It says 2.5 slot but looks closer to a 2.2 slot - might fit if you use washers instead of spacers for the PCIe riser. The EVGA 3080 XC3 protrudes slightly from the bracket but JUST fits the Dan A4 without moving the PCIe riser - I'm curious to see the actual dimensions of the 6800XT

Does this PCIe riser solution work with Dan's V2 models like mine? Someone else recently posted this as a solution to fit their card (@
Maeiourk). Thing is, I look at my V2 and wondering where the heck the space is coming from by "pushing" the card out with spacers.

Edit: Inserting really janky screengrab with my doubts in red.

Last edited:

echodriver

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2020
Does this PCIe riser solution work with Dan's V2 models like mine?

I think you have it slightly backward there. What @Maeiourk did was add extra spacers to push the GPU out more for the 3080 FE - it creates more room between the back of the card and the plastic insert as well as the PSU.

What @dondan recommended was, if you want to create more room between the GPU and the side panel, is remove the currently installed 5mm spacers that the PCIe riser is screwed into and use washers and an 8mm long M3 screw to screw the PCIe riser into the case (held stable with those washers, instead of the spacers) to get you a few mm

That *should* help you fit cards like the EVGA 3080 XC3 since they only protrude the double slot size by a few mm

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
I think you have it slightly backward there. What @Maeiourk did was add extra spacers to push the GPU out more for the 3080 FE - it creates more room between the back of the card and the plastic insert as well as the PSU.

What @dondan recommended was, if you want to create more room between the GPU and the side panel, is remove the currently installed 5mm spacers that the PCIe riser is screwed into and use washers and an 8mm long M3 screw to screw the PCIe riser into the case (held stable with those washers, instead of the spacers) to get you a few mm

That *should* help you fit cards like the EVGA 3080 XC3 since they only protrude the double slot size by a few mm

Awesome. So depending on which model 3080 I get and if using a 92mm radiator, it's suggested to either remove OR add space to the riser's placement for the card to sit further in (toward psu) or further out (toward side panel).

Last edited:

echodriver

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2020
Awesome. So depending on which model 3080 I get and if using a 92mm radiator, it's suggested to either remove OR add space to the riser's placement for the card to sit further in (toward psu) or further out (toward side panel).

Correct. I think it will depend too on the pipes of the radiator and if that gets in the way or not - @Maeiourk had to push the riser out on the 3080 FE so it wouldn't interfere with his AIO radiator

Here are pics showing the GPU bracket. It is still aligned with the hole, just pushed all the way to the right.

Would there be issues aligning it with the hole if you had it reversed (pushed all the way to the left)? Curious if doing the opposite (reducing that spacer) has any issues. Glad to see it works pushing the card slightly out towards the side panel

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
3070 in and booted up.
Installed a fan under the motherboard too so it took me a while to get everything out first and then rebuild.

Tired so I’ll close it up and test tomorrow.

Joche87

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
3070 in and booted up.
Installed a fan under the motherboard too so it took me a while to get everything out first and then rebuild.

Tired so I’ll close it up and test tomorrow.

Its so cute and pretty :) I got the Zotac 3070 today, no chance of getting the FE here..

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
Since I was also installing a new fan under the motherboard, this took a while last night as I had to take everything out.
Bending the riser cables on the A4.1 at the bottom was a bit scary and I started to doubt I actually could get enough clearance to make sure the fan could spin freely.

Eventually I did and after placing the mobo back in I heard the blades clicking. Apparently it was hitting the CPU power cable lock tab so I had to cut that off, haha.
It barely makes it down there, but finally done. Should definitely have done that when I first built it.

So all done now and computer seems to be working fine.
Scored about 12.x k on TimeSpy, with decent temps, but that was with the panel off. Will try again with the panels and after undervolting.
I may get a another custom Pslate cable for the 12 pin on the GPU.

Its so cute and pretty :) I got the Zotac 3070 today, no chance of getting the FE here..
I'm curious to see that one in the case. That one was my other choice.

Joche87

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Cant get it to work though, just getting “display port no signal” when plugging it in. Any idea what’s wrong then?