DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Time Spy stressed test achieved 99.5%
These are the highest temp.
also, when I did an exhaust for the AIO fan, the GPU temp went down to 60s during the stress test. But the CPU temp went as high as 95 lol. So best configuration is still both intake.

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
I also have question for you guys, i've managed to mount 2 sata ngf ssds in front panel of dan a4 and all cables i see seems too short or too big. Anyone knows any good lenght amount sata cables for DAN a4 front ssd mounting?

Is that 2 NGFF to SATA adapters stacked on top of each other? Neat idea.
What length SATA cables have you used?

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
I'm just wondering... could be 81ºC some kind of temp wall above such the power control takes actions to try to reduce that temp? For instance I have the exact same value on the Aorus Engine stock settings (RTX2070). Maybe the 3xxx family works different but it just caught my attention.
For me, the throttling temp appears to be around 84C.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
For the most nvidia cardd the temp cap is 81-85°C and AMD 85-95°C.

Mp455

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 30, 2020
You can replace the 5mm stand off of the riser with some washers to get 2mm more space between side panel and card.
Just add some layers of washers on the two mounting point of the riser and secure it with two 8mm long M3 screws

Is this the right size?

kyorex

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 25, 2020
I've started building a new DAN A4 setup, doing some research but still not 100% sure about the mobo that I should get. Could someone give a hand and check if there's any inconsistencies/incompatibilities in my list?

Usually Dan A4 have SDD thermal problems when using two nvme's? And someone knows if I'll have to remove the m2 heatsink from the B500M to use with the Black Ridge?

Thanks!

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
Hey, yes, I will measure it for you. My data cable are standard for mobo, but power sata cable is custom from pslate
Thanks. I have Pslate cables as well but hadn't used any SATA drives. I've been thinking of adding one to the front.
I have a couple of 18 inch monoprice SATA cables that seem to be an OK length.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I've started building a new DAN A4 setup, doing some research but still not 100% sure about the mobo that I should get. Could someone give a hand and check if there's any inconsistencies/incompatibilities in my list?

Usually Dan A4 have SDD thermal problems when using two nvme's? And someone knows if I'll have to remove the m2 heatsink from the B500M to use with the Black Ridge?

Thanks!
In Optimum Tech's video when he compared the b550 itx motherboards, it showed that the AsRock runs the Ryzens unnecessarily hot for some reason. Which could be a problem, especially with the 3700x which is right at the border of running too hot with an air cooler that fits in the Dan A4. It's a shame, because that board looks so clean, but for this reason, I would recommend the Asus b550-i here. VRM's good for a 3950x too and it runs these cpu's the coolest alongside with the Gigabyte mobo - which would be the clear winner here if it would be any other case without the frontal usb-c.

As for the question, about using double nvme's, I hope someone can provide an answer to it, because I'm also curious about that.

Last edited:

echodriver

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2020
Looks like the 3070 is actually a "flow through" design according to the Nvidia press materials

I'm thinking about doing the double M3 spacer method to build some room between the card and the PSU for air to exhaust more easily

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
Looks like the 3070 is actually a "flow through" design according to the Nvidia press materials

I'm thinking about doing the double M3 spacer method to build some room between the card and the PSU for air to exhaust more easily
It always has been. I don't know why people speculated otherwise.

bargainbrigade

Chassis Packer
Oct 14, 2020
I apologise if this isn't the right place to post this. I bought a the dan case v4.1 recently and one of the front panel clips broke while I was trying to fit some case fans. I searched online but couldn't find any replacements. Does anybody know where I can buy some replacements?

Joche87

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
what 3070 card are you getting today? Is ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC and FE the only 3070 cards that will fit in the A4? or am i wrong?

Last edited:

Oilan

Efficiency Noob
Oct 28, 2020
Hi guys. I have a very good deal for GAINWARD GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix 24GB. Dimensions seem fine except for the thickness which is 2.7slot. Do you think I can squeeze it into Dan A4 Ver. 4.1?

Tashi

Trash Compacter
Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys. I have a very good deal for GAINWARD GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix 24GB. Dimensions seem fine except for the thickness which is 2.7slot. Do you think I can squeeze it into Dan A4 Ver. 4.1?

It is way too thick to fit without some modifications to the case.