DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Thank you, your information is helpful for a lot people I believe. Also what do you mean by using standoffs? If I remember correctly, the riser is already installed on standoffs by default. Or you mean you stack two more standoffs?
You’re right. There are two already installed. Add two more to extend it more.

Reactions: geforce6200

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Is there a rule about posting back to back?

Anyway, I took it apart to show how it looks.
1st pic, the double standoff I was talking about. It gives more clearance for the PSU and it clears the AIO problem.
2nd-4th pic, this is the problem using a single stand-off. Closer to PSU, and the end of the GPU is hitting the AIO rubber tube, which would result to the GPU not actually sitting on the riser cable.
I hope all of this helps.

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Dang I hadn't though about a double standoff solution. That's excellent.

Where do I get one of those? You think a double pcie passthrough like that would cause any performance impact?

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Dang I hadn't though about a double standoff solution. That's excellent.

Where do I get one of those? You think a double pcie passthrough like that would cause any performance impact?
It was included with the case. I’m not sure about doing double pcie. I don’t think it’s necessary.

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Just sharing the results of Firestrike and Timespy with fresh installed Windows 10, default BIOS setting, everything is stock. Also, I chose not to run the fan at the bottom of the motherboard for this run.

Mp455

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 30, 2020
You’re right. There are two already installed. Add two more to extend it more.

The evga xc3 has the opposite problem--it sits too close to the outside case wall and its fan rub against the side panel. I'm wondering if you can reverse this idea and get a slightly shorter standoff to give the xc3 an extra 1mm breathing room between the fans and side panel? Do such mini standoffs exist? Do we even need a standoff there??

Reactions: raldian

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
It's only a 5mm long standoff, I don't know if shorter M3 standoffs are common. However, you could probably 3D print a spacer between the riser and the back of the motherboard panel and use a slightly longer through-bolt.

FYI, got the custom cables in and finally got the case put back together.

CPU is a 4770K, stock, with the 645LT and a 25mm thick fan using the Losercase 3DP mods
GPU is a 3080 FE, running at 1875mhz@ 850mv.
PSU is in the normal orientation.

Running Heaven on a loop, GPU settles around 75C. I don't have an accurate way of measuring sound, but the case is clearly audible but not loud.
Running OCCT and P95 simultaneously, GPU settles around 85C, CPU bounces around in the high 80s for the most part. Case is definitely loud at this point, most of the fans are running at 75%+ speed.

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
It's only a 5mm long standoff, I don't know if shorter M3 standoffs are common. However, you could probably 3D print a spacer between the riser and the back of the motherboard panel and use a slightly longer through-bolt.

FYI, got the custom cables in and finally got the case put back together.

CPU is a 4770K, stock, with the 645LT and a 25mm thick fan using the Losercase 3DP mods
GPU is a 3080 FE, running at 1875mhz@ 850mv.
PSU is in the normal orientation.

Running Heaven on a loop, GPU settles around 75C. I don't have an accurate way of measuring sound, but the case is clearly audible but not loud.
Running OCCT and P95 simultaneously, GPU settles around 85C, CPU bounces around in the high 80s for the most part. Case is definitely loud at this point, most of the fans are running at 75%+ speed.

I was thinking of doing the loser card mod. Is it worth it?

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
I was thinking of doing the loser card mod. Is it worth it?

I was hitting tjmax (100C) without it so it was a bit necessary for me. This is partially because it's an older CPU; any modern chip is going to be much more power efficient.

I also had the capability to produce the parts myself so the cost was pretty minimal.

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
I was hitting tjmax (100C) without it so it was a bit necessary for me. This is partially because it's an older CPU; any modern chip is going to be much more power efficient.

I also had the capability to produce the parts myself so the cost was pretty minimal.
Ah. I don’t think I need it then. I just did an undervolt like you did. I ran heaven with 1860 MHz and 825mV. It stayed at 75. Do you think you can go lower in voltage?

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Anyone else have a problem with MSI Afterburner's voltage curve jumping around all the time? It never quite seems to stick when I set it to e.g. 1875MHz and 865mV. Sometimes it'll adjust to 1830MHz and 865mV, sometimes to 1890MHz and 865mV. Always the same general shape, though. Very strange...

bhk1004

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
For any V4+ owners whose motherboard doesn't have a USB C header, here's a cleaner and cheaper solution than the one linked on the official site:
Can confirm it fits and works just fine on Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi.
oo interesting. wonder if itll work on the strix 570 board. I got the one below previously and it gets in the way of other cables and wont fit. currently just running it disconnected.

Aoq1

Trash Compacter
Mar 16, 2018
Please provide temps. I'm looking to get that exact brand, 3080 black. Does the outer panel close without issue?
With stock settings temp goes up to 81 degrees max
Rear metal plate removed but fans still make a very low squeaking that you can barely hear as it just fits.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
You can replace the 5mm stand off of the riser with some washers to get 2mm more space between side panel and card.
Just add some layers of washers on the two mounting point of the riser and secure it with two 8mm long M3 screws

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
With stock settings temp goes up to 81 degrees max
Rear metal plate removed but fans still make a very low squeaking that you can barely hear as it just fits.
I'm just wondering... could be 81ºC some kind of temp wall above such the power control takes actions to try to reduce that temp? For instance I have the exact same value on the Aorus Engine stock settings (RTX2070). Maybe the 3xxx family works different but it just caught my attention.