DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Ive only see 2666 or something but some of them can overclock well to 3000 or so as i read somewhere on this forums. 200 dollars for 32 GB 2666 is kinda steep but if you can put a freaking 240mm Rad then is sure worth it
It seems that Innodisk has some sticks with great potential. They are quite pricey though ? Innodisk VLP DDR4
Some user on the forum reached @ 3600Mhz (18,19,19,19,38 - 1.35V)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonusround

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
For any V4+ owners whose motherboard doesn't have a USB C header, here's a cleaner and cheaper solution than the one linked on the official site:
Can confirm it fits and works just fine on Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi.

Reactions: DarkCanuck

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
Is there a consensus on whether the 3080 FE or the XC3 is the better solution, and whether flipping the PSU works in practice without thermally shutting down the unit?

I got my FE today, but I'll be waiting on some custom cables before I can get everything to fit to do some testing.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Despite the fact that flipped PSU appears to be a bad idea after all, I'm pretty happy with my 3080 FE. I've undervolted it to ~865mV/1850MHz and capped the fans at 85%/70% (since 100% sounds like a jet engine), and while it does run quite hot when load is close to 100% during long-running benchmarks such as the Time Spy Extreme stress test (hits 84-85C and starts thermal throttling a bit down to maybe 1680MHz at the very worst), in games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Warzone it hovers around 80C with a very stable clock. And my room is pretty warm right now (25-27C). Also, the rear fan isn't as noisy as I feared it might be despite being 2mm away from the PSU side, especially at 70%. (There's a bit of a buzz beyond that.)

The case gets VERY hot, but it's not a huge problem and probably unavoidable. This thing would double as a fantastic space heater during winter!

Also curious to hear if the XC3s run cooler. (Some reviews indicate they might not...?)

Last edited:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I think that if it's clearly not comfortable for a component to be housed in an ITX case despite managing it to work, means that it shouldn't be used. Same reason why I don't find the Asetek 645 a likeable idea here. The 3080 FE falls into this category too. It's quite a looker, but not having it in the Dan A4 is something I can live with.
Of course, still there are some aftermarket options for the 3080 that could be compatible and the upcoming 3070 FE which sounds much more suitable. Not to mention that I still can't buy any ampere cards in this particular spot in Europe, even if I want to, so I'm having a regular 2060 for now. It'll get the job done, while staying cool with low consumption and I'll plan to hold on to it for quite a while, since it'll still prove to be an upgrade and definetly won't be hindering any of my computing tasks or games. From the new gen lineup, I'm more interested in the 3070 than any of the above if it's cooler, quieter and overall more suitable in the Dan A4 and just leave those bigger gpu's for folks with NR200's and the like.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
I think that if it's clearly not comfortable for a component to be housed in an ITX case despite managing it to work, means that it shouldn't be used. Same reason why I don't find the Asetek 645 a likeable idea here. The 3080 FE falls into this category too. It's quite a looker, but not having it in the Dan A4 is something I can live with.
Of course, still there are some aftermarket options for the 3080 that could be compatible and the upcoming 3070 FE which sounds much more suitable. Not to mention that I still can't buy any ampere cards in this particular spot in Europe, even if I want to, so I'm having a regular 2060 for now. It'll get the job done, while staying cool with low consumption and I'll plan to hold on to it for quite a while, since it'll still prove to be an upgrade and definetly won't be hindering any of my computing tasks or games. From the new gen lineup, I'm more interested in the 3070 than any of the above if it's cooler, quieter and overall more suitable in the Dan A4 and just leave those bigger gpu's for folks with NR200's and the like.
Very sensible... but oh man, that speed. I can't believe I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn at 100–120fps on Ultra in a case this size, compared to the 40–60fps I was getting before on Medium. I'll have to trust that the card will avoid damaging itself.

echodriver

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2020
For any V4+ owners whose motherboard doesn't have a USB C header, here's a cleaner and cheaper solution than the one linked on the official site:
Can confirm it fits and works just fine on Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi.

Does this give 5Gbps or 10Gbps speed? The item claims 10Gbps, but if it is a 3.1 Gen 1 USB slot then it will stay at 5Gbps won't it?

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
Does this give 5Gbps or 10Gbps speed? The item claims 10Gbps, but if it is a 3.1 Gen 1 USB slot then it will stay at 5Gbps won't it?
Well, it doesn't say it's Gen 1 or Gen 2.
I guess you have to assume it's Gen 2 if it does say it supports 10Gbps. Something that would need to be tested.

echodriver

Caliper Novice
Oct 11, 2020
Well, it doesn't say it's Gen 1 or Gen 2.
I guess you have to assume it's Gen 2 if it does say it supports 10Gbps. Something that would need to be tested.

Ah I meant the motherboard. The Gigabyte B550I only supports Gen 1 it seems, so that adapter would only give Gen 1 standards

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Very sensible... but oh man, that speed. I can't believe I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn at 100–120fps on Ultra in a case this size, compared to the 40–60fps I was getting before on Medium. I'll have to trust that the card will avoid damaging itself.

Allright, that does sound really nice. I have to admit after re-reading what I said - I realized that my comment probably originates from my very specific case, where I still have quite a good amount of games in my library that I did not play yet, but are more interested to play than anything else right now. I can easily occupy myself with them for at least a year or likely more and they run perfectly with a 2060. In this sense, I'm not going to profit from having anything higher than that, so any gpu upgrade can wait. While any new games I might fancy that happen to be more demanding will still be okay in 50-60 fps.

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
Very sensible... but oh man, that speed.

Pretty much this, my dancase has been flawless with my current requirements, but with C2077 coming out and now getting a 3080 I feel like I'm really pushing the limits of what you can do with 7L.

Another side note, Sliger posted some internal testing of the 3080 FE with a 645LT in their SM550 case, which is very similar in size/layout to the Dan A4. CPU thermally throttled with the 645LT but was fine with an air heatsink on. The flow-through fan dumping heat right above the radiator might not be the best setup for this case either...

notakenplz

Efficiency Noob
Sep 12, 2020
Pretty much this, my dancase has been flawless with my current requirements, but with C2077 coming out and now getting a 3080 I feel like I'm really pushing the limits of what you can do with 7L.

Another side note, Sliger posted some internal testing of the 3080 FE with a 645LT in their SM550 case, which is very similar in size/layout to the Dan A4. CPU thermally throttled with the 645LT but was fine with an air heatsink on. The flow-through fan dumping heat right above the radiator might not be the best setup for this case either...

I wonder if it makes a difference if the 3080 GPU heatsink fins are taped in the area between the AIO radiator and the GPU -- maybe it will prevent some of the heat being dumped directly into the radiator.

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Lurker of the forum but thought I’d register to share some of my results. I got the A4 and 3080 FE last week. I built and did a test on Friday. A round of TimeSpy (77.08 CPU-3700x and 77 GPU) and FireStrike (76 CPU and 74 GPU). The result wasn’t bad, it was better when I had my S4M.
Also, I had a problem putting the GPU in the PCIe slot. It wouldn’t reach it because the end of the GPU is hitting one of the 90 degree angled tubes of the AIO. I was trying to figure it out on how to mount it. Luckily, there are 4, which I believe, motherboard standoffs included in the package of Dan A4? I used 2 of them in the riser cable, making the GPU more closer to the side panel with more clearance from the PSU (unintentional) just to have a clearance for the AIO. Here are 2 pictures after using the 2 standoffs.

geforce6200

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2019
Lurker of the forum but thought I’d register to share some of my results. I got the A4 and 3080 FE last week. I built and did a test on Friday. A round of TimeSpy (77.08 CPU-3700x and 77 GPU) and FireStrike (76 CPU and 74 GPU). The result wasn’t bad, it was better when I had my S4M.
Also, I had a problem putting the GPU in the PCIe slot. It wouldn’t reach it because the end of the GPU is hitting one of the 90 degree angled tubes of the AIO. I was trying to figure it out on how to mount it. Luckily, there are 4, which I believe, motherboard standoffs included in the package of Dan A4? I used 2 of them in the riser cable, making the GPU more closer to the side panel with more clearance from the PSU (unintentional) just to have a clearance for the AIO. Here are 2 pictures after using the 2 standoffs.
Thanks for your share! I wonder if you can still align the holes on the 2-slot GPU bracket and ones on the case itself.

geforce6200

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2019
It is aligned. I can take a picture when I get home. I will reformat also and do a fresh test by tomorrow. Will update here.
Thank you, your information is helpful for a lot people I believe. Also what do you mean by using standoffs? If I remember correctly, the riser is already installed on standoffs by default. Or you mean you stack two more standoffs?