DAN A4-SFX v4.1

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
looks like RTX3080FE thermals are not going to be great in the Dan A4 :(

Will just have to try squashing an EVGA in there if I can ever get my hands on one!
Aa i said before you can't compare the A4-SFX with the Ghost. The Ghost has a solid plate between GPU and PSU, the A4 not. Just flip the PSU and use it as exhaust tunnel. If you have a SFX-L the temps will be even better. With this trick the RTX 3080 FE temps will be very good. I wish I could test it but I still not have a RTX 3080 FE. Maybe Optimumtech will find the time to test it.

Edit:
I think it could be better to use a Corsair Platinum or a SFX-L because these are made for higher operating temperatur so I think the PSU will be more "silent".

Last edited:
Reactions: DjentlemanZero

matthewn4444

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2018
I want to try this to in my v1. I have a silverstone 800 SFX-L psu with fan swapped to noctua 120 slim (with the pwm cable through unused pcie port to the motherboard since the default fan curve is loud), would like to try the FE and control the fan to push air out of the psu but like everyone else no 3080FE :( The silverstone 800W operating temp is maxed at 40 and the 750W corsair is maxed at 50 but smaller fan (i wonder if i should fan swap that too)

unknownexception

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2020
I‘d like to go with the same card. However, not sure about the temperatures. Could you post your GPU and CPU thermals during gaming or stress tests?
Here ya go!

Last edited:

broseph11

Cable Smoosher
Sep 30, 2020
Mind the small gap, I am missing my top plastic mounting clip. Waiting to hear from @dondan for some replacements. (I had to remove them for my 1080 ti FTW3)

Just so you know that this isn't helping anyone that thinks there will be a bulge in the case with this installed. Could you kindly grab the clip from the other side of the case and prove to the community that it will fit with no bulge?

kvn1351

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
Mind the small gap, I am missing my top plastic mounting clip. Waiting to hear from @dondan for some replacements. (I had to remove them for my 1080 ti FTW3)

So, it would actually close up perfectly well? What would you consider to be the drawbacks of this solution - if any? And have you tried making the 645LT fit?

unknownexception

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2020
Just so you know that this isn't helping anyone that thinks there will be a bulge in the case with this installed. Could you kindly grab the clip from the other side of the case and prove to the community that it will fit with no bulge?

Very slight bulge here. You could use thinner pads to push the panel at the bottom.

Reactions: kvn1351

broseph11

Cable Smoosher
Sep 30, 2020
Very slight bulge here. You could use thinner pads to push the panel at the bottom.

So their is a bulge using your method with the felt furniture pads. I suppose there might be other solutions to prop the side panel away from the card fans, but I'm sure we can come up with a more elegant solution. I'm wondering if the stand-outs on the riser cable could be shortened a bit, because there is a tiny bit of room behind my 1080ti SC2 with back plate. Another options is to grind down the stupid embossed symbols on the fans then put a sticker over it. Wish I could get my hands on this card so that I can start playing.

unknownexception

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2020
So their is a bulge using your method with the felt furniture pads. I suppose there might be other solutions to prop the side panel away from the card fans, but I'm sure we can come up with a more elegant solution. I'm wondering if the stand-outs on the riser cable could be shortened a bit, because there is a tiny bit of room behind my 1080ti SC2 with back plate. Another options is to grind down the stupid embossed symbols on the fans then put a sticker over it. Wish I could get my hands on this card so that I can start playing.

Removing the stickers on the fans may help, let me know when you do it to yours. There's prob a few options out there. The pads are a quick/non destructive method (and it can be thinned out).