DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
3080 FE in the A4 looks nice and might work for games like Minecraft... however wait for Cyberpunk 2077 and you will need proper airflow on that second fan. So I guess flipping the PSU is the only genuine solution. In return this means that you will have to live with higher PSU fan speed noises...

Still think EVGA is the better option here. I wish Dan revises the A4 side panel so that it can fit EVGA 3080 without having to worry about the fans rubbing.

Also, would be nice to see a v4.2 (or simply v5) of the A4 in the future...

I don't know if you noticed but Cyberpunk 2077 actually requires GTX1060 (or better) as a recommended GPU, the game wont be graphically demanding at all.

White Wolf

Chassis Packer
Sep 25, 2020
I don't know if you noticed but Cyberpunk 2077 actually requires GTX1060 (or better) as a recommended GPU, the game wont be graphically demanding at all.
If you are planning to run it without DLSS on a 1440p (or more) monitor with RTX enabled all maxed out, then I am confident that the game will be a demanding one. In such scenarios all recommended specs can go to the bin... At least that's my speculation.

However, if CDPR has optimised CP77 like id Software did with DOOM back in 2016, then I will be in heaven.

Reactions: T_Dawg

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
Those temp results with the 3080 FE are really appealing to me. If Optimum Tech's testing shows favorable results as well, I may go for Ryzen 5 3600 + RTX 3080 rather than Ryzen 7 3700x + RTX 3070.

D

Deleted member 21984

Hi @dondan ,
do you think that the rtx 3070 dual Twin from zotac can fit into the dan boxes v4.1?
And if not, does it need to return the su for the 3070 fe and the rtx 3070 zotac?
Sincerely,
Alex ?

Reactions: barraqda

thiagoknop

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 26, 2020
Hello guys . Actually I have asetek 645LT and I’m planning to buy these evga rtx 3080. Do you know if there space to fit both? Or I need to flip the water cooler and move mi riser cable? I don’t want to move my riser and lost some IO ports so what’s the best solution for that? Any recommendations? Thanks

Reactions: kvn1351
D

Deleted member 21984

for the rtx 3070 fe, is there a need to return the psu to the gpu?
Should we remove the plastic between the case and the gpu?

T_Dawg

Chassis Packer
Sep 26, 2020

Bear in mind that the "recommended specs" that CDPR has put out are only at 1080p resolution on high. Obviously no RTX features enabled.

As someone shooting for something closer to 3440 x 1440 with all the bells & whistles turned out, and desiring 60+ FPS I expect I'll need at least a 2070, but more likely a 3080.

Or maybe it is incredibly optimized, like the recent Doom games. We'll have to wait and see the benchmarks. Regardless, I'm basing my next build around CP2077, knowing that my existing 7700k and 1080 GTX won't deliver the framerates or effects I crave.

edit: Oh, I should have kept reading. umm, yeah, what White Wolf said.

MPKWGWBGATES1189888

Cable Smoosher
Mar 29, 2020
Anyone Knows where did this user DribbelDog gets his custom cable from ?
And Secondly Did this user have to change his riser for the RTX3080 Founders Ed Card ?
Thanks

Last edited:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I talked with Noctua and they work on fan ducts for L9a/L9i.
I'm about to use an L9a with my first build to get it rollin' with my newly received case, still did not made up my mind about which processor to use. With the L9a combined with the fan duct from the official website, is there any kind of difference in temperature between the 3600 and the 3700x in the Dan A4? They re both 65W cpu's, still I don't have any personal experience with AMD yet.
Would love to read answer from anyone who can provide a reasonable comparison in this regard. Thanks in advance:)

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
I'm about to use an L9a with my first build to get it rollin' with my newly received case, still did not made up my mind about which processor to use. With the L9a combined with the fan duct from the official website, is there any kind of difference in temperature between the 3600 and the 3700x in the Dan A4? They re both 65W cpu's, still I don't have any personal experience with AMD yet.
Would love to read answer from anyone who can provide a reasonable comparison in this regard. Thanks in advance:)

I can't speak from experience, but all research I've done on the matter suggests that the 65 watt TDP on the 3700x isn't entirely accurate, and the CPU will often boost such that it will heat up a lot more than the 3600. For the 3700x in the Dan A4 it's highly recommended to go with the black ridge or the Asetek 645LT rather than the L9A

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020

Oh also, do be sure to use a fan duct. It can have a very significant effect on thermals, especially if you do use the 3700x

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019

I use 3700X with L9a in a hot environment and idle temps are 50C, gaming/load rarely exceeds 60C but I have turbo disabled. If it's enabled you'll go over 80C. The difference is 400MHz which I don't think is worth the extra wear or noise.

If you use a fan duct it might be better but I've yet to see a direct temp comparison by anyone.

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
:)

Tashi

Trash Compacter
Jun 15, 2019
Is the NH-L9a still the go to cooler for this case on Ryzen cpus?
NH-L9a is the quite option. Add a 3D printed shround for better thermals.
Better louder options are Cryorig C7, Blackridge (not compatible with all motherboards), Thermalright AXP90. Don't remember how these three compare, I think Blackridge was the best. However, you can use Noctua fan with any of these three to reduce noise.
If you are using 12/16 core Ryzen you might need AIO though.