DAN A4-SFX v4.1

unknownexception

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2020
Currently the sidepanel *does not* fit on the case, the fans brush up against it. I'm going to try and see what temps are like with/without the backplate -- though i'm not sure it will make a different since there's actually some room behind the backplate.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Backplate still attached. Doing some testing first before I remove it. Side panel ALMOST fits (like 1mm) it rubs on the raised logo for the "E" in EVGA.

As everyone pointed out in the disassemble videos, the backplate is only for aesthetics and does not touch or cool anything on the PCB, it just hides the ARGB leds

butcherq

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 3, 2020
Just had my Dan Case delivered today from Caseking.de after a month of waiting! ?

Still waiting for the RTX 3070 release and the AMD Zen 3 announcement so I have to patiently wait. However, once I have everything I will surely post a build log!

I have a question though. I have the Black Ridge and Noctua Chromax A9x14. Initially I intendent to put the Chromax as a case fan and leave the Black Ridge be. However, now I wonder if I should replace stock BR fan right away (and use it as the case fan). How do you guys reckon?

finalgamer

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2020
Just had my Dan Case delivered today from Caseking.de after a month of waiting! ?

Still waiting for the RTX 3070 release and the AMD Zen 3 announcement so I have to patiently wait. However, once I have everything I will surely post a build log!

I have a question though. I have the Black Ridge and Noctua Chromax A9x14. Initially I intendent to put the Chromax as a case fan and leave the Black Ridge be. However, now I wonder if I should replace stock BR fan right away (and use it as the case fan). How do you guys reckon?

From what i heard from YouTubers you should replace the fan.

See here:

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
What are noise levels like with the Black Ridge w/ 92mm Noctua fan? I'm planning on using Ryzen 5 3600, maybe Ryzen 7 3700x tops, and I'm considering going with the L9A just for simplicity.

Glad to know the EVGA card fits when the backplate is removed though! I imagine that cooler design will be the best 3070 design, at least for the A4.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
I fixed it!

Nice! I wonder if there's a way to get a mm back somewhere else, so as to not have to rely on these sticky pads. (Can the EVGA logo be taken off the fans? Could something else be shifted by a mm?)

EDIT: Also, would the situation be different for the non-backplate version? I imagine the fans jut out the same amount on all these cards, regardless of backplate...

unknownexception

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2020
Nice! I wonder if there's a way to get a mm back somewhere else, so as to not have to rely on these sticky pads. (Can the EVGA logo be taken off the fans? Could something else be shifted by a mm?)

EDIT: Also, would the situation be different for the non-backplate version? I imagine the fans jut out the same amount on all these cards, regardless of backplate...
I'm weary of anything that will void the card warranty, but I can take a look!

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I noticed that you have the underPSU fan on intake mode. Just wanted to point out that perhaps you could take advantage of exhausting the hot air that comes from the graphic card instead of both airflows colliding. I have an 2070 with the same 3-fan layout and can assure you that bottom fan moves quite a good amount of heat outside the case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra in DAN Case A4

Good news: It fits.

Bad news. It doesn't fit (with backplate). The fans hit the side panel.

Like a glove