DAN A4-SFX v4.1

StonedTablet

Caliper Novice
May 11, 2020
I get what you're saying, but I still can't find any source for 44mm - and how do you know the backplate is 4.2mm or that the metal plate is 40mm?
My bad I wasn't clear.
According to Dan's website, the A4 fits gfx card
Without backplate: 40 mm
Including backplate: 45 mm
Think of the pci-e slot as the "starting point"
So 40mm of space from the pcb to the bottom of the card (relevant b/c pci-e slot can't move),
and 5mm of space from the pcb to the top of the backplate (irrelevant),

The XC3's all protrude 4.5mm from the bottom, so you probably need standoffs in the A4.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
evga xc3 ultra with a blackplate has a higher clock than the one without a blackplate

Yeah, cause the backplate has special powers that boosts the clock higher than the one without. This is why the RGB is important too, as the lighting is channeling all that energy through the GPU to give you the full speed of those high clocks!

• Haha
Reactions: Aoq1 and Nichronos

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah, cause the backplate has special powers that boosts the clock higher than the one without. This is why the RGB is important too, as the lighting is channeling all that energy through the GPU to give you the full speed of those high clocks!
the sarcasm is strong in this one! I think the guy was just pointing to the fact that the backplate version gets better binned-GPU, which is something EVGA is widely-known for - creating as many SKUs as possible for as many binning buckets as possible ?

Reactions: Dawelio

StonedTablet

Caliper Novice
May 11, 2020
RTX 3070s blowers will likely launch in 1-3 months.

3x RTX 3080: Will likely require liquid cooling or PCIe extenders to achieve proper thermals. A two-slot blower edition may enable a 3x air-cooled workstation without extenders, but it's currently stuck in R & D with overheating problems.

Best bet for sff to get 2 slot 3080 is deep learning system integrator pushing for it, its currently in R&D

Last edited:
Reactions: lilclie

DjentlemanZero

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
This graph basically illustrates my point. As you can see, if the 2080 is between the 2070 Super and the 2080 Super, then compared to the 3070, the difference is like... an additional 1/7 in performance?
Insignificant. Hardly called an upgrade. Definetly not worth to ditch something that already works well. Especially if it might involve extra heat and for some, even a need to purchase a bigger psu in addition.
I'm not sure you're reading that graph right - it's an odd graph because it's all relative to 980 performance. Anyway, assuming the 3070 does equal a 2080Ti, it should be around 30% faster than a 2080. And if you can actually get 3070's for $500, getting $400 for your used 2080 is actually a good deal for the seller. But there's a lot of "ifs" in there, and who knows what 3070 supply and prices will be like in reality...

I've got an EVGA XC3 Ultra on order, so if that ever turns up I'll report back on fitment (with the 645LT).

Reactions: Kozi

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
the sarcasm is strong in this one! I think the guy was just pointing to the fact that the backplate version gets better binned-GPU, which is something EVGA is widely-known for - creating as many SKUs as possible for as many binning buckets as possible ?

Haha yeah I know bud ? I just saw the opportunity and had to ☺

Reactions: thelaughingman

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
@dondan and others,
My question might be out of the ordinary but would any cards that are listed as not compatible(2,5 slot or bigger) would fit if the GPU case-panel was open?

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
Yes, I had my 1080 Ti Strix like this briefly. Which is a 2.5 slot card.
Cool! In this situation, what should I be carefull for? we already know the maximum size of GPU's A4 can have but are there other things to worry about? like not going over 2.5 slot etc.

Tashi

Trash Compacter
Jun 15, 2019
Cool! In this situation, what should I be carefull for? we already know the maximum size of GPU's A4 can have but are there other things to worry about? like not going over 2.5 slot etc.
GPU width + PCIe power placement. A GPU could physically fit in but depending on the power conenctors and your PSU power cables you could find it hard to fit.

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
A4-SFX is available on Caseking.de and should be available on Overclockers.co.uk in the next 2 weeks.
Yay! Any updates on W360M?

Also, does anyone, anywhere have temp measurements for a Founders or XC3 in a sandwich case yet? Would have expected some by now...