DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Here is what I try to explain :

Fig. 1 = PSU is rotated, its fan is front of the RTX 3080 fan. Imo, warm air has more difficulty evacuating.

Fig. 2 = PSU is mounted on the bottom of the case with its fan in its original position (motherboard side). Imo, warm air is easier to evacuate because there's more space around the gfx cooler. Besides, if there is enough thickness, maybe we can put a fan at the top.

Note : my scheme is not scaled, I did not take into account the problems related to the power cable of the PSU and the USB port in the bottom...

Reactions: Bonusround

butcherq

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 3, 2020
Slot sizes are mostly including the back plate.

A normal 2 Slot card is 2*19,75 = 39,5mm (inlcuding the back plate)
A 2.2 Slot card is 2,2*19,75 = 43,45

So I think the new 2.2 Slot EVGA RTX XC3 will fit.

According to this post by EVGA it's 45.1 mm with backplate (XC3 Ultra/XC3) and 40.9 mm without (XC3 Black) - that's a bit above both limits listed in specs.

What about the Zotac RTX 3070? The specification says it's 41.5 mm and on the images it appears to have a backplate (?). Is it going to fit?

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Let's just wait until the other suppliers will get their versions out, probably they'll be more suitable for this case without having to modify it psu-wise just because of this.
There's a better jump in performance than what the previous gen brought, still I'm skipping this generation. This move will bring the most out of with my regular rtx's value and use, while it's more than enough still, so it's not like the upgrade is in due.
Dan A4 has pci 4.0 though which is nice, some cases still need to catch up with that.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
According to this post by EVGA it's 45.1 mm with backplate (XC3 Ultra/XC3) and 40.9 mm without (XC3 Black) - that's a bit above both limits listed in specs.

What about the Zotac RTX 3070? The specification says it's 41.5 mm and on the images it appears to have a backplate (?). Is it going to fit?

From the back of the PCB to the MB-Tray you have 5mm. From the back of the PCB to the side panel you have 42mm.

So it should fit :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is what I try to explain :

Fig. 1 = PSU is rotated, its fan is front of the RTX 3080 fan. Imo, warm air has more difficulty evacuating.

Fig. 2 = PSU is mounted on the bottom of the case with its fan in its original position (motherboard side). Imo, warm air is easier to evacuate because there's more space around the gfx cooler. Besides, if there is enough thickness, maybe we can put a fan at the top.

Note : my scheme is not scaled, I did not take into account the problems related to the power cable of the PSU and the USB port in the bottom...

This will not work very well because the USB and Power-Button PCB takes a lot of space. So the PSU needs to have a higher position. That would reduce the area for cable management. Furthermore comming with the cables over this side will result in more difficulties because of the position of 8pin an 24pin on the motherboard itself.

Reactions: fabio

scishock

Cable Smoosher
Sep 3, 2020
Slot sizes are mostly including the back plate.

A normal 2 Slot card is 2*19,75 = 39,5mm (inlcuding the back plate)
A 2.2 Slot card is 2,2*19,75 = 43,45

So I think the new 2.2 Slot EVGA RTX XC3 will fit.

If you had to guess between the evga or the fe with power supply flipped, which do you think will be an overall better cooling for the dan a4 case?

FranchuT

Efficiency Noob
Dec 9, 2019
Hi, is possible new version of dan a4?? or new version of asetek 92mm for better noise? i want to buy it on caseking.de on european zone, but isnt available, when i can buy it? rtx 3080 founders is available for dan a4 because has 2 slot and her size on picture is more small than custom, the problem maybe is the front fan, no?

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
I have a used 4.1 i'm looking to sell. I would say its in mint condition; however, one of the plastic female side panel snap thingies broke. I tried super glue, which did not hold. It should be fairly easy to get a new piece though.

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
Soda insurance has assured me additional payment of 950 Euro lightning damage only need the bill. I want to buy everything except nvidia 3700 and AMD I'm also waiting for GEN4 4700X ( 65 Watt CPU )

1 Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB, M.2 (MZ-V7E1T0BW)
1 Crucial Ballistix black DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-18-18-36 (BL2K16G32C16U4B)
1 MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge WIFI (7C92-002R)
1 Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, 92mm
1 Noctua NF-A9x25 PWM, 92mm
1 Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
1 DAN Cases A4-SFX V4 black, Mini-ITX (A4SFXV4-B)
1 Corsair SF Series SF600 80 PLUS Platinum 600W SFX12V (CP-9020182-EU)

Can I buy this and it will fit without any problems ? :) I'm afraid that something won't fit. It would be nice if a connoisseur looks over it quickly.

Last edited:

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018

Here the Thermalright AXP90/R ( R is the AMD version, i is the Intel version ) is available for 41,97 + 3,74 shipped. Would you rather bet on this cooler + noctua Fan than on the NH-L9a-AM4. Will do my best to get the box quietly, especially if it's only for a few euros