DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
No no no, I now the 2080ti is the best out there right now, i just mean it is completely out of my price range right now. $400ish USD is about what I could afford to spend on a graphics card so that puts the 5700XT right in my price range.

Can you wait a few months? As both Nvidia and AMD are suspected to launch their next gen GPUs in the coming months.

Reaper0

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 1, 2020
I am really just hoping to get a good affordable graphics card in the next few months to go along with my new 1440p monitor i just bought. I have an 11yr old ASUS 1080p monitor that is starting to act screwy and it is just too frustrating to deal with.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
It would be awesome to see "dan a4 v4.2" which can accommodate "Alphacool LT240" AIO !

that would be an entirely different case altogether and not an A4 LOL

but I strongly believe that it's possible to squeeze that slim 240mm aio in dan a4 case.
it just need to be designed to hold aio.

p.s. somebody would say here, "just move to another bigger case" but I really like dan a4 case compact design and quality.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
It would be awesome to see "dan a4 v4.2" which can accommodate "Alphacool LT240" AIO !

but I strongly believe that it's possible to squeeze that slim 240mm aio in dan a4 case.
it just need to be designed to hold aio.

p.s. somebody would say here, "just move to another bigger case" but I really like dan a4 case compact design and quality.

that would be an entirely different case altogether and not an A4 LOL

As @thelaughingman said, if it would be re-designed to fit an 240 AIO, then it wouldn't be an Dan A4 SFX case.

There's where the potential upcoming C4 case comes into mind, but also several other SFF cases such as NCASE M1, Loque Ghost S1, Sidearm T1, to name a few.
All of which can fit an 240 radiator (I think ?).

Reactions: rfarmer

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
The Ampere Nvidia cards are rumored at 300-350 TDP.

I think the majority of us have the SF600. Will that be enough juice? Are there higher Watt PSUs SFF form that are compatible?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
The Ampere Nvidia cards are rumored at 300-350 TDP.

I think the majority of us have the SF600. Will that be enough juice? Are there higher Watt PSUs SFF form that are compatible?

You don't really have much choice when it comes to SFX PSUs. I personally have the SF750, solid unit and the previous generation got a very good rating from JonnyGuru (basically the legend when it comes to PSUs, if he praises an PSU, then you know it's good).

Reactions: kiehl

LJay78

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 20, 2020
Does anyone know where I could get an A4-SFX V3 USB 3.0 Cable? I know I don't use the front usb that much, but seeing the empty slot in the front of my case is hurting my ocd ?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Does anyone know where I could get an A4-SFX V3 USB 3.0 Cable? I know I don't use the front usb that much, but seeing the empty slot in the front of my case is hurting my ocd ?

I think that your best bet would to try and get in touch with @dondan himself and see if there's a way to get hold off one. Since that case is no longer in production, it might be very tough. For example, like myself, I was lucky enough to find a seller on eBay that was selling his V3 case, unused. Only opened once to inspect it.

These cases and especially the earlier revisions are rare to find really. Hope you find one though, good luck!

lagauche

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2020
Cross posting here, hope that's ok:

I went from exhaust/push to intake/pull and I got an extra 5c. I was skeptical but having now tried both, it's all clear now. You do wanna run your slim noctua as an intake on top of the 645lt radiator.

I also installed this heatsink onto my rear m.2 on the phantom x570

It is helping, but i still idle around 50-ish c. I'm not gonna worry about it unless someone says i should. I haven't stress tested yet but i was at about 60c while playing valorant.

I did read about using 3mm thermal pads to the back case but i didn't try that yet and unless i need to i'd rather not pull apart the build AGAIN : P

I also moved the gpu riser cable to the back of the gpu instead of back of MB to make room for the heatsink and I installed an intake fan under the MB by further bending the riser cable.

xo,

lagauche

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2020
easy solution,
I wrapped pci riser in thermal tape and put it between gpu and case.
I put thermal pad between rear ssd and case for better temps on ssd.

Do I need to wrap th riser in thermal tape? I did the same but I didn't use any tape. I put the riser behind that plastic sheet and that's it. GPU is a 2080 ti. will i be ok?

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Do I need to wrap th riser in thermal tape? I did the same but I didn't use any tape. I put the riser behind that plastic sheet and that's it. GPU is a 2080 ti. will i be ok?

You should fine,
I was just hoping to reduce temps on the riser for a better performance,
also it's extra protective layer.

instrumedley

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 28, 2020

If you're able to find a solution, let me know! Purchased a second hand V2 but it's missing the front USB as well.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Anyone that want to try it?

If anyone was going to try it, I would have thought it would be you!

I'd love to see the next major revision on the A4-SFX raise the mounting position of the PSU to allow for thicker radiator/fan options, perhaps with an cable like this being used for the PSU power extension:

An option for slightly higher feet, similar to those on the current C4-SFX prototype could improve cooling too.