DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
@swaggywaggy I had the thermal pad touching the scotch tape that was holding down the riser cable to the spine of the case and no issue for 2 months. To be safe you could move the riser cable over as mentioned above and then put on a thermal pad thick enough that it touches the spine of the case, effectively spreading the heat all over.

Do you by any chance have a picture of this? Since I can't understand how this is executed. Especially when in so close to the riser cable etc.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Do you by any chance have a picture of this? Since I can't understand how this is executed. Especially when in so close to the riser cable etc.
sorry I didn't take any picture before transplanting the build to a new case. Basically think about it this way:
the M.2 drive has thermal pad on, the thermal pad touches the scotch tape and then the tape touches the riser cable

Reactions: E T

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
sorry I didn't take any picture before transplanting the build to a new case. Basically think about it this way:
the M.2 drive has thermal pad on, the thermal pad touches the scotch tape and then the tape touches the riser cable

So you're effectively having the riser cable inbetween the thermal pad of your M.2 drive and the spine of the case? Hence the riser cable getting all that heat?

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
M.2 Question

I have just moved my M.2 to the back of the motherboard as I have replaced the front M.2 with a bigger drive.
Question I have is to do with thermals, but I am not concerned with throttling. What I am concerned with is the M.2 will be pushing against the PCIe riser cable and causing a lot of heat on that. Not sure how to address that issue

easy solution,
I wrapped pci riser in thermal tape and put it between gpu and case.
I put thermal pad between rear ssd and case for better temps on ssd.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I just gotta ask you all here; what are you even doing on your system? If your M.2 SSDs get so hot that it literally needs active cooling by a thermal pad onto the case itself?

Are you all transferring massive amount of files all day long and pushing your SSDs to it's limit or what?
I'm personally just casually web browsing, Youtube, some Photoshop etc and no problems what so ever. My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB barely ever sits above even 10% usage.

It all just sounds very extreme if you literally need a thermal pad, that's attached to the case itself, to keep temps down on your M.2 SSDs.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
proper cables with a good cooling !!

That 8 pin CPU cable is very long. Mine from PSlate customs is shorter and perfect.
Plus, my build looks pretty much like that build you linked. It's nothing special.

also, here is good tool, check if you made a mistake with your ram :)

How do you check with that link if you made a mistake with your ram exactly? All that link does is tell you in nanoseconds what a specific frequency and latency is.

Doesn't say anything if it's bad or what not. I wouldn't trust that site at all, doesn't look legit and doesn't give any information on your own actual memory sticks.
It just says in general regarding latency and frequenzy.

Yet again another example regarding unsure wether you actually know what you are talking about or are just trolling around... Some users may actually believe that what you link may help them, when in reality it literally doesn't do anything. It just tells you in nanoseconds what an specific latency and frequency is.

Reaper0

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 1, 2020
I am interested in purchasing a 5700XT for my v.20 and was wondring if the Sapphire Pulse 5700XT fits. Sapphire's site says it is 46.5mm which i know is too large. Has anyone had any luck fitting this card in their case? With or without removing the backplate?

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
I am interested in purchasing a 5700XT for my v.20 and was wondring if the Sapphire Pulse 5700XT fits. Sapphire's site says it is 46.5mm which i know is too large. Has anyone had any luck fitting this card in their case? With or without removing the backplate?

I have a slightly slimmer Sapphire Nitro 580 and it does not fit. I have to have the top-back side panel pulled out.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019

I wonder why did you choose that gpu offer "PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt" which fits well.
did you find any performance comparison ?

here is a good review of the most popular rx5700xt cards

but quite frankly, nvidia 2080ti is the way to go
:)

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
For anyone interested, PSlate Customs have opened again for orders on their custom cables specifically made for the Dan A4 SFX:

Reactions: swaggywaggy

Reaper0

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 1, 2020
I wish for the 2080ti but that is way out of my price range. I will have to check out the PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 XT too. I saw that review too and it sounds like the two are fairly close to neck and neck it most areas.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I wish for the 2080ti but that is way out of my price range. I will have to check out the PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 XT too. I saw that review too and it sounds like the two are fairly close to neck and neck it most areas.

Are you comparing the 2080 Ti to the RX 5700 XT? If you are, don't. The 2080 Ti is much more powerful than the RX 5700 XT, it's not even fair to compare those two really.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
For anyone interested, PSlate Customs have opened again for orders on their custom cables specifically made for the Dan A4 SFX:

I see he recommends faster shipping for outside USA but I can't stomach paying $40 for shipping when the cable itself is $40

Reactions: Dawelio

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I see he recommends faster shipping for outside USA but I can't stomach paying $40 for shipping when the cable itself is $40

Well I understand where you're coming from, although I then paid for all the cables that I would potentially ever need for the case and hence it was an easy choice that way.

Reaper0

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 1, 2020
No no no, I now the 2080ti is the best out there right now, i just mean it is completely out of my price range right now. $400ish USD is about what I could afford to spend on a graphics card so that puts the 5700XT right in my price range.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Well I understand where you're coming from, although I then paid for all the cables that I would potentially ever need for the case and hence it was an easy choice that way.

A shame there isn't a bigger UK community here that makes themselves known - we could split shipping costs