DAN A4-SFX v4.1

nikon331

Case Bender
New User
May 24, 2020
Here’s my recently built v4.1 i9 9900k 90c under stress testing. Whole thing gets burning hot to the touch but what I expected with the hardware installed. Just wish it had exhaust fans at top gpu heat gets trapped.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Looks a lovely build Side panels shut flush?

Every time I see photos of these custom cables it makes me want to drop some cash on them and get my AIO back in - Even though I don't need it!

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Here’s my recently built v4.1 i9 9900k 90c under stress testing. Whole thing gets burning hot to the touch but what I expected with the hardware installed. Just wish it had exhaust fans at top gpu heat gets trapped.

looks nice and clean with those custom cables but I would remove those ugly zip ties and use some safe velcro ties.

what kind of temps do you have on idle with that ancient cpu ?
:)

and what did you do with that psu ?
did you replace the fan ?

also, by using 120mm fan under and on top of the case will significantly reduce your temp.

here is my maximum airflow:

I had tried to use side fans but temps did go lower than just with this 4 fans.
With this configuration in csgo with 1080p medium settings 240hz maximum fps, temps are stable under 60C on cpu, gpu, motherboard, ssd.

thanks to fat woman for that nice cheap and very effective filter !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kooki

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

I'm sorry, but that just looks absolutely horrible.

If I were to do it that way, I would have just gotten a Ghost case instead and added 2 top hats, one of the bottom and one for the top. That way, the top and bottom fans would be hidden atleast.

As such:

Sorry, but no, just no in my books. That just destroyed the entire look of the case itself.

With this configuration in csgo with 1080p medium settings 240hz maximum fps, temps are stable under 60C on cpu, gpu, motherboard, ssd.

You do know that 240Hz is the refresh rate of which your monitor is running at and that fps is something your GPU is outputting right?...

Last edited:

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I'm sorry, but that just looks absolutely horrible.

If I were to do it that way, I would have just gotten a Ghost case instead and added 2 top hats, one of the bottom and one for the top. That way, the top and bottom fans would be hidden atleast.

As such:

Sorry, but no, just no in my books. That just destroyed the entire look of the case itself.

You do know that 240Hz is the refresh rate of which your monitor is running at and that fps is something your GPU is outputting right?...

That case is huge and ugly ! :)

in my way, those extra fans are not necessary for a proper functioning but with them temps are great !!
with that Ghost case monstrosity you stack with what you have, even though that case is modular.

functionality is number one priority, right after safety !

in order to push 240hz, your gpu and cpu are working very hard which makes a lot of heat !!

also your monitor runs nothing without gpu and cpu.

and in my view dan a4 case is already big, but all the components are huge,
damn stone age.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
That case is huge and ugly ! :)

That case is only 1 liter more in volume than the A4 SFX? A4 is 7.2L and the Ghost is 8.2L, not sure how you can call it "huge". And ugly or not, that's subjective.

in my way, there no need for proper functioning without those extra fans but with them temps are great !!

Yeah and there's a reason why no one uses extra fans like that - cause it ruins the entire purpose and in many cases the looks of the Dan A4 SFX.
I for one got the A4 SFX cause of not only it's size, but also cause it looked very clean.

With that Ghost case monstrosity you are stack with what you have.
also, functionality is number one priority, right after safety !

What are you even talking about? With the Ghost you can add or remove different pieces to it, if you so wish - which you can't with the A4. So your statement doesn't make sense.

Again, no idea what you mean with functionality is number one priority, right after safety? Safety for what exactly?

also your monitor runs nothing wiothout gpu and cpu.

Yes it does, many CPU these days have integrated GPUs, which you can run your monitor through. It's no where near the territory of a dedicated GPU though, but it can only run with a CPU.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
That case is only 1 liter more in volume than the A4 SFX? A4 is 7.2L and the Ghost is 8.2L, not sure how you can call it "huge". But I guess everyone has their preference.

Yeah and there's a reason why no one uses extra fans like that - cause it ruins the entire purpose and in many cases the looks of the Dan A4 SFX.
I for one got the A4 SFX cause of not only it's size, but also cause it looked very clean.

What are you even talking about? With the Ghost you can add or remove different pieces to it, if you so wish - which you can't with the A4. So your statement doesn't make sense.

Again, no idea what you mean with functionality is number one priority, right after safety? Safety for what exactly?

ok, enough to argue with you,
I just completely disagree with on every single statement that you make,
your thoughts make no sense to me.
sorry.

Reactions: kiehl

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
ok, enough to argue with you,
I just completely disagree with on every single statement that you make,
your thoughts make no sense to me.
sorry.

Right, fair enough. Each to their own :) And I'm not arguing with you, I'm simply discussing with you. Which this forum is all about, everyone has different thoughts, opinions, views and perspective on things, and that is all fine. That is what makes us all different :)

supremeMilo

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2019
I am sure this has been discussed, but now that many are using the 645LT AIO has there even been a consideration to flip the internals of this case so the radiator is pushing or sucking in air from the top instead of the bottom?

Reactions: Bonusround

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
CSGO at 1080p should be easy.

indeed but I would not say easy,
with my config it has just enough computational power in order to run csgo on 240hz monitor with decent fps.

gpu still peak at 100% load and getting hot as well with 80C at peak
but with additional 4 fans 120mm it cools down pretty nice.

the bad thing is that I'm only getting 400fps at best which was expected,
but more is better.

also, I am afraid I would not be able to run 400hz monitor since this little beast cannot get over 400fps.
nvidia 3080ti is the way to go.

Ideally would be nice to get over 1000hz monitor in order to match it with human eye,
well such a stone age we are living in.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
You do know that any high end PC today does CSGO at 1080p well over 200+ fps? CSGO isn’t a demanding title at all.

400Hz and 1000Hz monitors?... You are literally afraid that you would not be able to play at 400Hz since your GPU can’t push 400fps+?

I honestly don’t think you’re all that aware of what it is you’re talking about. That or you’re just trolling... Not sure which one to be honest.

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
M.2 Question

I have just moved my M.2 to the back of the motherboard as I have replaced the front M.2 with a bigger drive.
Question I have is to do with thermals, but I am not concerned with throttling. What I am concerned with is the M.2 will be pushing against the PCIe riser cable and causing a lot of heat on that. Not sure how to address that issue

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
M.2 Question

I have just moved my M.2 to the back of the motherboard as I have replaced the front M.2 with a bigger drive.
Question I have is to do with thermals, but I am not concerned with throttling. What I am concerned with is the M.2 will be pushing against the PCIe riser cable and causing a lot of heat on that. Not sure how to address that issue
Move the riser to gpu side. I done it and everything works without issue and back m.2 temps are fair now ( recommend to order a small heatsink for m.2)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@swaggywaggy I had the thermal pad touching the scotch tape that was holding down the riser cable to the spine of the case and no issue for 2 months. To be safe you could move the riser cable over as mentioned above and then put on a thermal pad thick enough that it touches the spine of the case, effectively spreading the heat all over.

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
Hey guys, I recently got a dan a4 locally and found out about the 120mm fan bracket. Are those only sold at overclockers uk or german websites? OCUK delivery costs is almost twice the price of the bracket.