DAN A4-SFX v4.1

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
V4 is black and V4.1 is transparent. This is due to the V4 is PCIe 3.0 and V4.1 is 4.0 (He could only get hold off this transparent 4.0 one from 3M, which was the only PCIe 4.0 at the time).

Basically only if the case is V4.1, then it comes with a transparent PCIe 4.0 riser cable. Every previously versions/revisions are black and PCIe 3.0.

on dan a4 case v4.1 riser cable is silver and not transparent,
I have never even seen any trasparent cables,
I am not sure it is even possible, even fiber glass cables are not transparent.

also, this one "LINKUP - Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable 25cm" works well

how can you figure out what fits? I'm not sure what RAM I can buy. Can you give me recommendations? Best, great, and good? Assume I would use the 645LT.
I wish it was obvious. I've looked at the first page and the website.

easy choice, "Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2X 32GB) DDR4 3200 C16"
nothing else has 64gb in 2 slots and that speed, and it fits perfect with 645LT AIO.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
on dan a4 case v4.1 riser cable is silver and not transparent,
I have never even seen any trasparent cables,
I am not sure it is even possible, even fiber glass cables are not transparent.

also, this one "LINKUP - Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable 25cm" works well

Well I meant silver, don't know where I got transparent from :p

how can you figure out what fits? I'm not sure what RAM I can buy. Can you give me recommendations? Best, great, and good? Assume I would use the 645LT.

I wish it was obvious. I've looked at the first page and the website.

Hands down, if you're seriously planning on using the 645LT, get the Corsair Vengeance LPX or any low profile memory. They will help a lot with the tubing clearance.

floodcf

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 3, 2020
Hi guys, i just bought an A4 V2, my conf. is Ryzen 3600x cooled with a noctua NH-L9A, Asus B450-i and an Asus Strix 1080 i have also 2 Noctua NF-A9x14 should i put them at the bottom of the case as exhaust or intake ?

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Hi guys, i just bought an A4 V2, my conf. is Ryzen 3600x cooled with a noctua NH-L9A, Asus B450-i and an Asus Strix 1080 i have also 2 Noctua NF-A9x14 should i put them at the bottom of the case as exhaust or intake ?

I run "3900x" with AIO on "ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING" with "PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt"
and I put 2 "Noctua NF-A9x14 2.52W" on the bottom and one "Noctua NF-A9x14 2.52W" on the side facing cpu.

so far I have solid temperature fluctuation between 40-50C on almost idle with 1.35v and 4.3ghz on cpu.
and motherboard is solid 40C.

Last edited:

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Well I went ahead with the deal as it was quite a good offer that I'd regret passing up.

After some clearer communication with the seller, it appears that all that's missing is the side panel clips, which I can 3D print and some screws for the side panel.

Does anybody know the exact screw so I can get hold of some?

I'll report back once the case arrives.

Any tips on removing a case badge without damaging the paint work?

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018

CPU: 9700k
CPU Cooler: 645LT
Mobo: Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac
RAM: Gskill 3200 Trident Z
GPU: EVGA 2080ti XC
PSU: Corsair 750W Platium
Cables: Pslate
I noticed the trident z RAM. I have those in my mid-ATX case. But it looks like the heatsinks are missing from the RAM. Did you remove them to clear the tubing? I would appreciate it if anyone can answer this as well. Thank you!

Edit: I just looked through this thread. Seems like a few ppl have used trident Z with 645LT, no problem. They didn't mention removing the heatsink...

Last edited:

floodcf

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 3, 2020
I run "3900x" with AIO on "ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING" with "PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon Rx 5700 Xt"
and I put 2 "Noctua NF-A9x14 2.52W" on the bottom and one "Noctua NF-A9x14 2.52W" on the side facing cpu.

so far I have solid temperature fluctuation between 40-50C on almost idle with 1.35v and 4.3ghz on cpu.
and motherboard is solid 40C.

You put the noctua on the bottom as intake or exhaust? Cause i read on reddit that in Liquid cooled cpu is better as intake and in air cooled cpu as exhaust in the A4, but i need more opinion before build this!
P.s. Sorry for my bad english :D

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Regarding this question...I've worked during the last few weeks a lot inside the DAN A4 together with the Asetek 645LT.
...and during my RAM Testing I've also was able to use Trident Z (44mm height) and Patriot Viper Steel Series (also 44mm in height) inside the DAN A4
and route the tubing of the Asetek 645LT over the RAM (YES: OVER!)...it was tight but there was a comfortable amout of room so the pannel could close
without squishing anything together. I was even able to remove the RAM without a ful disassembly...helped me out a lot during the tests! :D
The last time I had a 545LC it was not possible, but as the tubing of the 645LT has more lenght and is perhabs some mm thinner (?) it fits just perfectly.
You just have to route the tubing like I've did so you don't end up with to tight squished bends or to much tubing sticking out.
So there is no need to route the tubes somewhere around the RAM! :) Hope that info helps some of you out!
I feel like the top of the ram could cut through the tubing over time. I found pics of people routing it around the Trident Z.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

Unfortunately the V2 only has a spot for one fan, which is at the front, under the PSU. It is only the V4 and newer that has a fan mount under the motherboard.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

exhaust - it will help GPU temps since your card is open air style

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
You put the noctua on the bottom as intake or exhaust? Cause i read on reddit that in Liquid cooled cpu is better as intake and in air cooled cpu as exhaust in the A4, but i need more opinion before build this!
P.s. Sorry for my bad english :D

all fans work as intake,
and exhaust is on top part since hot air tends to go up.

exhaust - it will help GPU temps since your card is open air style

cpu has number one priority,
also gpu can get some extra fresh air from bottom fan.

Last edited:

floodcf

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 3, 2020
Ok i see that i can only mount one fan under the psu, i have really good temp on the gpu around 75C in full load but the cpu have temp around 60C in idle and 87-88C in full load any suggestions for don't compromise my performance? In the next days i will print the fan duct but i think is not enough alone!

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Unfortunately the V2 only has a spot for one fan, which is at the front, under the PSU. It is only the V4 and newer that has a fan mount under the motherboard.
I think I've seen some examples of the v2 where there was a fan below. I guess the space is there, but no holes?
Black strips might work.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I think I've seen some examples of the v2 where there was a fan below. I guess the space is there, but no holes?
Black strips might work.

True, there are ventilation holes in the bottom. Only no holes to mount the fan into.

Sure, that might work, if they are very thin. Remember, every mm literally counts in this case (no pun intended).

And that bottom fan doesn't do all that much in reality, in terms of cooling. A few degress at maximum.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Corsair also has SF750 if you can find it. Otherwise you might be able to find an Silverstone SFX PSU as well.

Thanakun

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
www.reddit.com
can anyone point me to a store thats selling custom slim psu cables, cant seem to find them anywhere except pslate, and he hasnt opened his store for over a year now.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
can anyone point me to a store thats selling custom slim psu cables, cant seem to find them anywhere except pslate, and he hasnt opened his store for over a year now.

You're right, PS Slate is basically THE store to go to.

And no, you're wrong. He did open his store on April 20th, for a limited time due to the ongoing pandemic.

I know, becuase I purchased a few cables from him and can highly recommend him. His cables are perfect for the Dan A4 SFX, since they are specifically made for the case.