DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
They cannot ship to South east asia,?

Have you tried with OCUK (Overclockers.co.uk) if they ship to where you are?... If not, then eBay is probably your best bet to get hold off one.
I recently purchased an V3 of the Dan Case SFX off eBay.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
They cannot ship to South east asia,?

Those stores are the safest bets, they have been stocking the A4 consistently for a long time. If they don't ship directly then you'll have to use a transit/middleman service if you are really desperate for it. That's all I can tell you right now unless somebody knows any other stores that will stock this case in the near future

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
I could use some advice; currently beginning my assembly in the DAN-A4 V 4.1. I was Installing one of my Noctua A9-14 fans under the MOBO, and I removed the GPU side bracket for the Riser cable to get it in there (pretty tight squeeze). Now the riser cable seems to be exerting a lot of pressure on the fan, enough that I worry it will impact the fan.
1.) Will the pressure, likely, be alleviated once the MOBO is installed and the riser cable connected?
2.) Is this "normal".

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I could use some advice; currently beginning my assembly in the DAN-A4 V 4.1. I was Installing one of my Noctua A9-14 fans under the MOBO, and I removed the GPU side bracket for the Riser cable to get it in there (pretty tight squeeze). Now the riser cable seems to be exerting a lot of pressure on the fan, enough that I worry it will impact the fan.
1.) Will the pressure, likely, be alleviated once the MOBO is installed and the riser cable connected?
2.) Is this "normal".

I have an A9x14 fan underneath the MOBO but I installed that right out the gate without touching the riser cable/bracket. also not noticing any pressure at all. could you share some pictures of your build?

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
I had to "bend" mine quite a bit to make it sit comfortably with the fan. The same for the top. I really wasn't comfortable doing it at first, but it works fine... I also have a v4.1, which makes me think its the new riser

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
I had to "bend" mine quite a bit to make it sit comfortably with the fan. The same for the top. I really wasn't comfortable doing it at first, but it works fine... I also have a v4.1, which makes me think its the new riser
Thanks for the reassurance. I was worried I might be too aggressive with it. I'm probably being way to delicate with the case; but it was fairly expensive to order in Canada.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

Yup, it's PCI 4.0 so it has to be tougher in order to handle those speeeeds! ?

Reactions: DarkCanuck

mrcthln

Case Bender
New User
Apr 2, 2020
Does anyone know how frequently the Dan Case A4 is available on caseking Germany? Currently the stock is empty. They ordered new ones but can’t say whether it will take days, weeks or months. In the description it just says available in January 2020... XD
And I know it’s available on overclockers UK. Thanks. :)

Kozi

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2019
So I received this today, and realized due to the power supply location it wont fit. I need an adaptor that has the A-key plugging in downward or as an cable. Maybe I will need to use a 20 pin extension cable.

If anyone has an option please let me know.

You need to order 19 pin internal USB extension cable and then connect the adapter to it.

bhk1004

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
You need to order 19 pin internal USB extension cable and then connect the adapter to it.

yep got a cable. but its a bit strange to place properly, and a bit nervous about the adapter just exposed and flopping around. so i haven't installed it for now. i also have 0 usb-c to usb-c device/cables. will install it when this actually becomes the norm, and wrap the adapter in electrical tape or something.

fanistom

Case Bender
New User
Apr 3, 2020
Hi guys, do you know if the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Gaming OC (GV-N166SGAMING OC-6GD) fits in the dan case? I am trying to find a triple fan gpu but i dont know what can fit inside the case.. any suggestions would be helpful. (I am also using an asetek 645lt, hope thats not problem for a triple fan gpu)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys, do you know if the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Gaming OC (GV-N166SGAMING OC-6GD) fits in the dan case? I am trying to find a triple fan gpu but i dont know what can fit inside the case.. any suggestions would be helpful. (I am also using an asetek 645lt, hope thats not problem for a triple fan gpu)

Yes, it fits. Basically any 2 slot graphics card fit inside the Dan A4.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you very much! :)

To give you some perspective, my older ASUS ROG 1080 Ti Strix, which is one of the biggest GPUs on the market, technically fit inside the Dan A4 SFX.
Though it is 2.5 slot thick, so you can't close the side panel, but it does fit.

E T

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2020
I owned the original DAN A4 SFX v1.0 . For a while, it was the best small ITX form factor casing I owned and that's when I'm equipped it with Intel Z170 and Intel 6600k CPU and GTX 1080ti. Now, it's time to go the Ryzen 3000 series route and I'm considering watercooling for the build. As the v1.0 doesn't come with ventilation holes at the bottom where the HDD drive cage are sitting (also where the AIO radiator will sit), I'm considering self drilling holes for ventilation as I planned to the install the Asetek 645LT AIO. Have anyone done this before? Appreciate some advise here. Template for holes would be appreciated.

I would have gone the route of just purchasing the v2, v3 or even v4 but it is really costly affair to buy overseas from Asia. Plus custom would tax me for purchasing something above RM1000 in my country's local currency and that would amount to USD250 above after shipping and tax. So, re-purchasing something I have is not a route I would go. Rather take savings for computer parts ie. GPU, CPU.

You some of you have done it before, care to share some illustration and steps how to go about this journey. Thanks in advance.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I owned the original DAN A4 SFX v1.0 . For a while, it was the best small ITX form factor casing I owned and that's when I'm equipped it with Intel Z170 and Intel 6600k CPU and GTX 1080ti. Now, it's time to go the Ryzen 3000 series route and I'm considering watercooling for the build. As the v1.0 doesn't come with ventilation holes at the bottom where the HDD drive cage are sitting (also where the AIO radiator will sit), I'm considering self drilling holes for ventilation as I planned to the install the Asetek 645LT AIO. Have anyone done this before? Appreciate some advise here. Template for holes would be appreciated.

I would have gone the route of just purchasing the v2, v3 or even v4 but it is really costly affair to buy overseas from Asia. Plus custom would tax me for purchasing something above RM1000 in my country's local currency and that would amount to USD250 above after shipping and tax. So, re-purchasing something I have is not a route I would go. Rather take savings for computer parts ie. GPU, CPU.

You some of you have done it before, care to share some illustration and steps how to go about this journey. Thanks in advance.

I believe Glob3tech did this to his original case, here's the video (at around 3:27 he starts with the cutting for the AIO):

Reactions: ManaNeko and E T