DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
bump

Has anybody heard of anyone cooling a GPU with the 92mm Asetek AIO?

Anyone? ... Bueller?

Umm, I assume you mean cooling a CPU with the AIO and not a GPU?... Since a GPU would be way too high of a TDP for that tiny 92mm AIO.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Guys any custom wires for dan 4 build( elastic or unsleeved ) that i can buy in Uk ? - most mentioned websites here are out of stock, or shipping cost fortune ? Mby someone here who is doing them as hobby and would like to make for me 24 pin/ 8 gpu/ 6 power ?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I haven't run across anything, myself; however I don't see why not.
If the TDP was going to be an issue, blower style cards would be melting down in droves :D.

What are you talking about? You do know that blower style coolers are literally designed for the GPUs. The small 92mm Asetek cooler isn't.
There's also a reason why the few hybrid cooler GPUs out there uses a 120mm AIO on it and not the tiny 92mm from Asetek.
But by all means, go for it. I personally think it won't be successfull (in terms of installation) nor very efficient in the end.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
You do know that blower style coolers are literally designed for the GPUs.

‘Blower-style coolers’ are designed for chilling slabs of silicon and then some. They aren’t particular about what kind of work that silicon does.

Heat sinks with air ducts and fans are found everywhere – laptops, severs, network gear. Not just GPUs.

Last edited:

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Guys any custom wires for dan 4 build( elastic or unsleeved ) that i can buy in Uk ? - most mentioned websites here are out of stock, or shipping cost fortune ? Mby someone here who is doing them as hobby and would like to make for me 24 pin/ 8 gpu/ 6 power ?
I had mine made by a guy on Etsy (DreamBigRay) in China. Cost 33euro with shipping and arrived in about 2 weeks. Check his reviews and pictures of builds to see.

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019

Awesome find!

I found a listing for this on Amazon as well and with free shipping (linkup charges $25 shipping on their website for domestic US)

One snag that has me worried. The amazon listing has this bit of text: "Working Temperature = -15°C (5°F) to 50°C (122°F). Special note: Not recommended for ITX or Mini-ITX cases as the temperature for Mini-ITX may be too high, the performance may fall back to PCIE 3.0 at this high temperature. "

Linkup's website doesn't seem to mention anything like this. Has me pretty hesitant to give it a try. I'm thinking I'll just wait until my future GPU upgrade definitely requires pcie 4.0...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think LINKUP add this because this was my result of the sample test: "Not recommended for ITX or Mini-ITX cases as the temperature for Mini-ITX may be too high, the performance may fall back to PCIE 3.0 at this high temperature. "

They told me the problem is solved and they will send me a new sample.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sashby

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Wondering if anyone know if raising the case with those 3d printed spacers actually help with thermal?

My 3D printer is arriving soon and I am just finding things to print...

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
There are a few that raise them between 5-15mm I suppose it doesn’t really matter right? Just curious on how much of a difference it makes; if it even makes any.

Ps. I’m referring to feet spacers.

Try installing the spare motherboard standoffs that can screw into the feet - then you don't have to buy / make any and see if you like it

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Try installing the spare motherboard standoffs that can screw into the feet - then you don't have to buy / make any and see if you like it

I just printed them figure is easier then taking out the dan a4 box from storage lol.

will put them on when I plan to redo my system a little bit (new cables, noctua fan gpu mod) And test it to see if it makes a difference at all.

bhk1004

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
Quick question. M.2 on the back of mobo, how thick of thermal pad is everyone using? Also is everyone rerouting the pcie cable to graphics card side that does this?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Quick question. M.2 on the back of mobo, how thick of thermal pad is everyone using? Also is everyone rerouting the pcie cable to graphics card side that does this?

Thermal pad on an M.2 NVME SSD on the back of a motherboard in the A4 SFX?... For what purpose? To bridge the M.2 with the case itself with the thermal pad or what?...

bhk1004

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2020
Thermal pad on an M.2 NVME SSD on the back of a motherboard in the A4 SFX?... For what purpose? To bridge the M.2 with the case itself with the thermal pad or what?...
Reduce thermal. It's been mentioned the m.2 behind the mobo runs around 80-90+ if just left on it's own. Basically using the case as a heat sink.