DAN A4-SFX v4.1

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
question - where can I get the 120mm AIO bracket now that it is optional?

I don't need it yet for the current build since I'm using Vega 64 and L9a to cool my CPU. But if a miracle happens and there's an ITX-big Navi being released end of this year, I would move to that and use the AIO then.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
question - where can I get the 120mm AIO bracket now that it is optional?

I don't need it yet for the current build since I'm using Vega 64 and L9a to cool my CPU. But if a miracle happens and there's an ITX-big Navi being released end of this year, I would move to that and use the AIO then.

May I ask what CPU you are using with that L9a cooler and how do you experience it doing? Is it doing good or bad etc?...

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@thelaughingman You can order it from OverclockersUK.

it's not an option for me, can't register a Vietnamese address there. W360MOD should also carry it since the case and the bracket come out of the same factory, no?

May I ask what CPU you are using with that L9a cooler and how do you experience it doing? Is it doing good or bad etc?...

I'm going to use R9 3900X but with Eco mode etc. from my research thus far. Will let you know once I put everything in the case later.

Reactions: Dawelio

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
and now I check W360MOD is completely out of stock too haha, glad I ordered when I did
I ordered mine via OCUK, and sprung for the 120mm bracket. I waited to long to order it from W360MOD, and it was sold out. Luckily it looks like It will come out to about the same price, even with the bracket due to different customs agreements between Canada and the UK along with less shipping.

Reactions: thelaughingman

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
There are no special agreements. It is normal if you buy as an third party country from a EU country that you only have to pay the tax of your own country. It would be the same in the other direction. Without these regulation international trade would be very expansive.

Reactions: riba2233

seppola

Trash Compacter
Jan 1, 2020
short update on my experience with the case.

parts in case:
  • Asus B450-i & Ryzen 3600 + fan duct
  • Powercolor 5700XT red dragon --> now with 2x120mm Noctua fans (as the original fans are a PITA) with undervolt
  • SF600 Plat PSU and some Corsair LPX ram
Its a relatively easy case to build in, my only complaint is the PCI-E riser cable that is routed at the bottom, is damn stiff to bend to get a fan in...

Temps are fine, CPU, while gaming, stabilizes at 78. Now I have to do something about the fan curve as it spins up and down while gaming...

If I could have a few improvements, it would be that top panel would stay in place without screws (and screws hidden) just like the side panels.

Ronka

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 6, 2020
Hello folks, i have lost the screws for both side panels and top panel. what kind of screws should i use to replace them. any name/length?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
So the case arrived yesterday. Really excited to build it. I followed the manual and everything came together very nicely, very satisfied customer. A few things that I experienced:
  • The power extension cable makes installing 92mm fan underneath the mother board somewhat challenging. Had to really pushed it aside and jammed the fan in the gap to screw it down
  • I use the Corsair SF750 and since the power socket is flipped (?) it made it difficult to plug in the power extension cable - there's a very hard bend on the cable that you can see from the pictures
And here are the pics, including some comparison with a Silverstone PS15 to show its tiny might. Still transitioning from old system so have a 2.5" SSD and a 3.5" HDD hanging off the side for now.

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
  • I use the Corsair SF750 and since the power socket is flipped (?) it made it difficult to plug in the power extension cable - there's a very hard bend on the cable that you can see from the pictures

You should route a bit of the power cable towards the riser cable that way the bend is not so tight, just my 2c.

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
interesting mine went through just fine (made a u shape so it bends back in), if I have a chance I’ll take a photo.
Mine too, I made a little loop, was hard the first time, but now it just goes in with no trouble.

You can also route the GPU cables through the front of the case if its easier.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
So the case arrived yesterday. Really excited to build it. I followed the manual and everything came together very nicely, very satisfied customer. A few things that I experienced:
  • The power extension cable makes installing 92mm fan underneath the mother board somewhat challenging. Had to really pushed it aside and jammed the fan in the gap to screw it down
And here are the pics, including some comparison with a Silverstone PS15 to show its tiny might. Still transitioning from old system so have a 2.5" SSD and a 3.5" HDD hanging off the side for now.

Nice one, glad you're happy with it. Although, why didn't you get the chromax CPU cooler and fans? Having it all black would look so much better than those vomit tan and poop brown colours.

Reactions: Kozi

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Nice one, glad you're happy with it. Although, why didn't you get the chromax CPU cooler and fans? Having it all black would look so much better than those vomit tan and poop brown colours.

Because I'm a Noctua snob? Jokes aside I reside in Vietnam where Noctua availability is very limited, not everything in standard tan and brown is available let alone the fancy Chromax stuff. And even if the Chromax were available why would I spend more for them when I don't even see the cooler & fan behind the not-window-side-panel? Especially as it's not facing me at all?

For reference here is my view of the case, ain't she a beauty :D

Reactions: Bonusround

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
@dondan is there an install guide for the the HDPLEX 400w? I'm just a little confused as to how to go about mounting it, and I don't really want to ding up the case through trial and error.
I also wanted to just let the rest of the community know that: Nothing really prepares you for how tinny and premium this case is.
I watched all of the relevant youtube videos.
I have been researching / prepping for, at least, two years to buy and build this case; and I was still surprised at how small, the case is, and how it makes my old Obsidian 250D look ridiculous, by comparison.
The camera really does add to your perception that this case is bigger that what it actually is.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The screw bag includes 4x 5mm stand offs add these to the inner front of the case next to the gpu. Now you mount the hdplex on it.

Reactions: NinoPecorino