DAN A4-SFX v4.1

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Yes this is good.
Thanks.
Another 2 questions:
  • i've routed the riser behind the gpu and not behind motherboard since i've a second m.2 on back of motherboard for my games. Just m.2 no pad nothing and reaches 50°c during gaming. Is the route of riser and m.2 temp fine?
  • you have a 3700x with l9a + fan duct. Have you set custom settings in bios?
Thanks!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Yes this is good.

Hey Dan,

I have 2 questions for you;

1. How come the V3 came with a black PCI-E riser and the V4.1 comes with a non-black one?... Seems like a bit of an odd move going forward with the entire case and innovating, but going backwards with a single component inside. Which you now have thoughts about fixing with an V4.2 revision.

2. Is it possible to get a black PCI-E riser separately for the V4.1?...

Thank you.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey Dan,

I have 2 questions for you;

1. How come the V3 came with a black PCI-E riser and the V4.1 comes with a non-black one?... Seems like a bit of an odd move going forward with the entire case and innovating, but going backwards with a single component inside. Which you now have thoughts about fixing with an V4.2 revision.

2. Is it possible to get a black PCI-E riser separately for the V4.1?...

Thank you.
It is no longer black because the current riser cable is the only PCI 4.0 cable currently available. I am guessing dondan will switch to black when they become available.

Reactions: Dawelio

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@guniens
1) This is not a problem
2) I use these values: 0-70°C = 30% fan speed, 70-85°C = 60%, 85+°C = 100%

@Dawelio

1) The 3M riser is used in the v4.1 (silver color) it is the only available PCIe gen4 riser.
A4-Changelog https://dan-cases.com/dana4_spec.html
  • 3M™ 8KC3-0726-0300 PCIe® x16 Gen4 riser
  • USB 3.2 gen2 Type-C front port with internal Key-A
  • ADT R33UF-TU PCIe® x16 Gen3 riser
  • USB 3.2 gen1 Type-C front port
  • 92mm fan mount point under the motherboard
  • Pre-drilled threads for custom window kits
  • The 120mm AIO bracket is now optional
  • Lian Li PCIe® x16 Gen3 riser (black PCB and cabes)
  • Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek® 92mm AIO
  • Improvements to the power button to optimise the pressure point
  • Adding mount points for HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX
  • Mounting bracket for 120mm AIO
  • Cover for GPU mount area
  • Better alignment of USB port
  • Stamp-in motherboard stand-offs
  • 92mm fan or AIO mount point
  • Rubber case feet with better grip
  • Kensington Lock

2) Just buy a black gen3 riser from LINKUP, ADT, LiHeat, Silverstone, Thermaltake s.o.

Reactions: guniens

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Whats the exact clearance above the motherboard to the top of case, ignoring the riser cable? Also, how about below the motherboard? Thanks!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
@Dawelio

1) The 3M riser is used in the v4.1 (silver color) it is the only available PCIe gen4 riser.

2) Just buy a black gen3 riser from LINKUP, ADT, LiHeat, Silverstone, Thermaltake s.o.

Well after doing some research, that is not as easy as it sounds unfortunately.

The riser in the Dan case has a straight up PCI-E slot, as shown in the picture:

All the risers are 90 degree angled on the end, so if you would attach it to the case, the GPU would then be oriented like in an tower case and not upright.

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Well after doing some research, that is not as easy as it sounds unfortunately.

The riser in the Dan case has a straight up PCI-E slot, as shown in the picture:

All the risers are 90 degree angled on the end, so if you would attach it to the case, the GPU would then be oriented like in an tower case and not upright.

look harder :) LINKUP, ADT and liheat at least certainly have the compatible risers. I think the right angle ones are more commonly "mainstream" because they're used in vertical GPU mounts.

Kozi

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2019
What Is the pro
@beejayone Thanks! Your build is based on the 120 mm AIO on the side, though!

I thought the comment was refering to the position of the AIO in the 92 mm asetek 645 LT video. But since he did the video on the 120 mm AIO as well, maybe Dan's comment referred to that solution!

I am struggling with a corsair sf600 and a 92 mm aio asetek 645 LT. Since the guy selling custom wires for the dan case doesn't take orders these days, I try to work with the original wires.
I like the case a lot though :-)

what Is the problem with making your own cables?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Finally ordered the 4.1, has to be silver since black is out of stock but I just can't wait any longer. hopefully it will arrive around my birthday (end of March). Have everything on hand ready to be built :)

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Finally ordered the 4.1, has to be silver since black is out of stock but I just can't wait any longer. hopefully it will arrive around my birthday (end of March). Have everything on hand ready to be built :)

If its from OCUK it took 3 days to get to AUS so you would be fine :D

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
I ordered through W360MOD so it's Taiwan to Vietnam :)

Ah fair enough; yeah would have been cheaper through there but they literally posted a few hours after I bought. I suppose my consolation is that I got it real quick!

ps. my Birthday is at the end of March too lol.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Ah fair enough; yeah would have been cheaper through there but they literally posted a few hours after I bought. I suppose my consolation is that I got it real quick!

ps. my Birthday is at the end of March too lol.

and now I check W360MOD is completely out of stock too haha, glad I ordered when I did