DAN A4-SFX v4.1

TunnelVision

Cable Smoosher
Apr 29, 2016
Can anyone confirm if the l9a running around 1600-1800 rpm on idle is normal? My temp seems normal when comparing to other Dan A4 users so I assume that speed is normal but then I saw the above poster where his fan is at 750rpm on idle on his l9i, so now I am not sure.
In my case, chassis and CPU fan speeds are controlled by fan curves set in the BIOS.

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
In my case, chassis and CPU fan speeds are controlled by fan curves set in the BIOS.

Yeah same with mine - i even put mine on the "silent" mode (B450 Aorus) and is never that low so I was just wondering if I need to reseat my cooler, but i rather not unless I know for sure.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I am currently starting to build a system with two 2080ti water-cooled in a dan a4 package, this is the second such system I have assembled. In it, you will see how to install the power supply correctly, because no one installed it in this case. And also see how you can integrate a 240mm radiator in this case

As much as that would be nice to achieve, cooling those two 2080TI's in the Dan A4 case will be... well... impossible.

First off, you can only have a single 92mm rad inside of the case, with a slim fan. And having that little radiator space to cool 2 high TDP GPUs, won't be possible.

Sorry, but I think you'll run into more problem than what it is worth really.
But my hat off to you sir, if you do actually manage to pull it off.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
As much as that would be nice to achieve, cooling those two 2080TI's in the Dan A4 case will be... well... impossible.

First off, you can only have a single 92mm rad inside of the case, with a slim fan. And having that little radiator space to cool 2 high TDP GPUs, won't be possible.

Sorry, but I think you'll run into more problem than what it is worth really.
But my hat off to you sir, if you do actually manage to pull it off.
Well, it is not finished yet, but maybe will be possible! ?

Reactions: Dawelio

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Well, it is not finished yet, but maybe will be possible! ?

Now that is a small, cramped, SFF build right there! How you even manage to work inside of all of that, is beyond me. But kudos to you dude!

TunnelVision

Cable Smoosher
Apr 29, 2016
Yeah same with mine - i even put mine on the "silent" mode (B450 Aorus) and is never that low so I was just wondering if I need to reseat my cooler, but i rather not unless I know for sure.
Even "silent" ramps up fairly early on (maybe that's a good thing). Creating your own curve will tell you what temperature you get at low rpms.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Hi Guys,
I just ordered dan 4.1 from ocuk. I got 3900x and Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB MINI ITX (170mil) from my old build.
My plan is to cool ryzen with Alphacool Eisbaer LT120 to mount it on a bracket next to rtx. Now first question - will it fit? can't find any info about this aio in dan 4 case. Also then i'm planning to add another 120rad under psu and connect everything with quick connection pipes as pump is the same as it is for 240 version.
Any advices if my plan is possible ?(under psu 120mil rad won't wont fit so 92mil will i'm assuming)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hi Guys,
I just ordered dan 4.1 from ocuk. I got 3900x and Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB MINI ITX (170mil) from my old build.
My plan is to cool ryzen with Alphacool Eisbaer LT120 to mount it on a bracket next to rtx. Now first question - will it fit? can't find any info about this aio in dan 4 case. Also then i'm planning to add another 120rad under psu and connect everything with quick connection pipes as pump is the same as it is for 240 version.
Any advices if my plan is possible ?(under psu 120mil rad won't wont fit so 92mil will i'm assuming)

This will be a very tight fit, if at all dude. That AIO also seems to have rather thick tubes, which may make them very hard to route inside the case, which is already compact as it is.

Reactions: kiehl

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
This will be a very tight fit, if at all dude. That AIO also seems to have rather thick tubes, which may make them very hard to route inside the case, which is already compact as it is.
So my plan to cool 3900 is on hold now... thank for advice

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Even "silent" ramps up fairly early on (maybe that's a good thing). Creating your own curve will tell you what temperature you get at low rpms.

Yeah I ended up using a manual curve, will keep an eye on temp to see how I go, realise the bulk of the noise was mostly my chassis fan anyway so i crank that way down 27% until temp gets real high (figure this will be just as good if you had no fans!)

Still got to swap my fans on the Zotac Mini as well as that is stuck at 37% so a fair bit of noise (tried the bios flash and got my memory locked issue)

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
It’s impossible to put two radiators (you need to change the location of the power supply) .120 mm radiator has a height of 150 mm (expansion tank)
Plus fitting height
Any options then to cool 3900x ? i don't really want to sell it.
Is the only solution then Asetek 645LT AIO ?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Any options then to cool 3900x ? i don't really want to sell it.
Is the only solution then Asetek 645LT AIO ?

It is an solution yes, but depending on your personal preference when it comes to noise etc, the slim Noctua fan, even though it's basically the only one and the best one to get for the AIO, can get pretty loud. Since I wouldn't try and go for any big overclocks even with this small AIO, cause it is only 92mm and the 3900X is a rather large CPU.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@kiehl: Just use a Noctua L9a and in Ryzen Master Software or UEFI you setup 65W ECO mode for it. This will only result in a lower boost if all 12 cores under heave load. A nice bonus is that your CPU will run much more efficient and much cooler:

Here is a review of a 3900X none X only for OEM (basicly a 3900X in ECO mode): https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-9-3900-review-eco-mode

The gaming results speak for themselves. The stock Ryzen 9 3900 delivers nearly the same performance as the stock Ryzen 9 3900X, and surpasses it after tuning. You'd be hard-pressed to notice a difference with the naked eye, and these slim deltas will shrink further with high-resolution gaming. Intel's processors still hold the claim to the fastest gaming performance, bar none, but the Ryzen 9 3900 is plenty competitive given its lower power consumption. It also comes with the other advantages of AMD's platform, like stronger performance than Intel models in many threaded workloads.

Our application benchmarks revealed much the same trend. The difference between the 105W Ryzen 9 3900X and the 65W Ryzen 9 3900 is slim in most cases, with the 3900 offering a great mix of performance given its low power envelope.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you! as i already ordered Asetek 645LT AIO it gonna work brilliantly then ! !!

Yup, just good luck actually installing it and cramming it in there... I got the previous 545LC cooler and I ended up giving up in the end. It was just too hard and too tight of a fit to get everything crammed in the case. With not just the cooler, but also the PSU cables that doesn't really have any spare room to move. It is possible yes, as many have done it, but it has a real challenge and struggle, so prepare yourself dude, as you're in for a ride.

xredlinexx1

Average Stuffer
Mar 18, 2019
Has anyone used an hdplex 200w dc-atx coupled with a kmkpt Dynamo 360 to save space? Do you think the Dynamo 360 could be squeezed in somewhere like below the GPU or above? I'm thinking of ways to maximize space for a small custom loop.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
@kiehl: Just use a Noctua L9a and in Ryzen Master Software or UEFI you setup 65W ECO mode for it. This will only result in a lower boost if all 12 cores under heave load. A nice bonus is that your CPU will run much more efficient and much cooler:

Here is a review of a 3900X none X only for OEM (basicly a 3900X in ECO mode): https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-9-3900-review-eco-mode
Hi
I'm running a ryzen 7 3700x at stock settings with a l9a + fan duct.
Played 1 hour GTA V, case closed, max temp was 70°c (maybe 72°c).
Is it good? Thanks in advance!