DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Mandalorian

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
I recently realised that Optimum Tech only gets good CPU results with the 645LT because he is using a blower GPU - the open air GPU blows hot air onto the AIO and causes heatsoak everywhere, even if you have it sucking air in from under the case. This is a problem I am currently trying to combat. Just a heads up as it might be helpful information to you.
thanks for the info, I have RX570 ITX, and same situation as SF750, fun curve adjusted for silence. It will generate quite a lot of heat.

Im wondering what would be difference between Black Ridge (fan duct) with 120mm fan and vs Corsair H55.

If is something in range 5C for I7 8700 non K, its not worth of hassle

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
thanks for the info, I have RX570 ITX, and same situation as SF750, fun curve adjusted for silence. It will generate quite a lot of heat.

Im wondering what would be difference between Black Ridge (fan duct) with 120mm fan and vs Corsair H55.

If is something in range 5C for I7 8700 non K, its not worth of hassle

Either tbh - just remember that the motherboard compartment won't get any air flow with the 120 AIO and it gets quite toasty in this case.

If you are using the ITX GPU then the 92mm AIO could work as the GPU wont be pumping heat into it.

I am by no means an expert and this is just my opinion

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Mandalorian Optimum tech has the PSU in the wrong direction.
@BennyBait: What fan do you use on the AIO. What is the fan speed @ full load what is the speed of the pump? Maybe give us two pictures of both case sides.

Last edited:

tuete-w

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2019
hey everybody, quick question: do the buttom mounted fans have an impact on temperature with a 5700xt + R3600 Config?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It will help if you use axial fan cards and will reduce system and ssd temps.

beejayone

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 8, 2020
It will help if you use axial fan cards and will reduce system and ssd temps.

I just ordered my A4 including a fan which fits under the motherboard (Noctua A9x14, there aren't many other options). I guessed my AIO-cooling needs some support for the VRM and the hot air from my axial GPU needs some more motivation to flow upwards.

sling

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 4, 2020
I just installed the fan duct but as others have mentioned, the longer included screws with the L9 are too long. Does anyone know what are the right length screws? I don't have the tools to cut these down to the correct size.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Use 4x M3 washers between fan and duct.

Vodetti

What's an ITX?
Jan 20, 2020
Hi,

I have dan a4 V1 case. Is there enough space to add noctua under motherboard? I know that there isn't ventilation, but i'm going to make some.

racker32

Efficiency Noob
Apr 30, 2019
Hi guys!
Recently i’ve been thinking of improving the thermal performance in my A4 build, Currently it runs on 9600K with Gigabyte Z390i board and cools down by a L9i and Fanduct with two fans sitting at the bottom of case setting as Push.
Problem is when i try to adjust my fan underneath the mobo to pull the fan blade seems always hitting the notch on my 8pin connector. I’ve seen a lot of people using pull instead of push for better thermal performance and i don’t know why it is not achievable for me is it my mobo problem or is there other way to mount the fan a bit lower than the silicone stud provided in a9x14’s?
Sorry for a bit long post, hope you guys have a good day.

beejayone

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 8, 2020
Hello. I already wrote about the cooling of the dan a4 case. The problem is that those who have water cooling and a video card without a turbine should not put a cooler under the motherboard at all, this is a structural error of the case; it introduces big problems into the movement of air flows inside !!! Only on top !!! This is physics because hot air always rises.

Yeah. Hot air rises. So you CAN put a fan unter the mainboard which intakes air from the bottom and pushes it to the top, taking some hot air from the GPU with it.

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Hi guys!
Recently i’ve been thinking of improving the thermal performance in my A4 build, Currently it runs on 9600K with Gigabyte Z390i board and cools down by a L9i and Fanduct with two fans sitting at the bottom of case setting as Push.
Problem is when i try to adjust my fan underneath the mobo to pull the fan blade seems always hitting the notch on my 8pin connector. I’ve seen a lot of people using pull instead of push for better thermal performance and i don’t know why it is not achievable for me is it my mobo problem or is there other way to mount the fan a bit lower than the silicone stud provided in a9x14’s?
Sorry for a bit long post, hope you guys have a good day.

I just trimmed the notch off the 8 pin connector as my 8 pin sits really snug and doesnt need a clip

Reactions: racker32