DAN A4-SFX v4.1

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
1) For this config you do not need a case fan. But I would setup them push out.
2) The default fan on the BlackRidge is not very silent, so better use a Noctua A9x14. http://glob3trotters.com/portfolio/alpenfohn-black-ridge-best-low-profile-air-cooler/ For the best noise and temp scenario I would use an Noctua L9a with 3D printed fan duct.
First of all thanks!
1) Isn't always better to have fans / shouldn't always lower temps? by "push out" you mean exhaust?
2) You're suggesting to go with L9a with fan duct? Is it better than black ridge?
I'm more interested about temps instead of noise.
Thanks in advance.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
1) It will not change that much. Yes exhaust.
2) Here are the best air heatsinks sort by performance:
  • Blackridge with A12x15 + VLP Ram
  • Thermalright AXP90 Copper
  • Noctual L9a + Fan Duct
  • Cryorig C7G + Noctua A9x14
  • Blackridge with A9x14
  • Noctua L9a without Fan Duct

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
  • Noctual L9a + Fan Duct
  • Blackridge with A9x14
Thanks.
Performance means also lower temps or just lower noice? If lower temps i will go L9a with Fan Duct.
Should i change fan if i go with L9a? I would buy the chromax version in case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes this means lower temps. You only need to change the fan if you does not like the color.

Reactions: guniens

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
  • Noctual L9a + Fan Duct
  • Blackridge with A9x14
Can i use also Noctua L9i? Because L9a isn't available in chromax black

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@guniens: You can buy the chromax fan separately or you need the AM4 mounting kit for L9i (i=Intel). But keep in mind the L9i perform not as good as the L9a (diff is 5-7°C). Do you have a window kit or why do you like to wrap the silver 3M cables? But to answer your question yes you can wrap it.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
@guniens: You can buy the chromax fan separately or you need the AM4 mounting kit for L9i (i=Intel). But keep in mind the L9i perform not as good as the L9a (diff is 5-7°C). Do you have a window kit or why do you like to wrap the silver 3M cables? But to answer your question yes you can wrap it.
Thanks. I will go with L9a, i saw on reddit that there will be a chromax version too like the L9i
No window kit, i just don't like it silver ??

Misjn

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Nice to see they got them some days earlier even. Think the 22nd was the "expected" date.

Had my pc running in a cardboard box on my desk for like a month just waiting for the case :)

Insanity

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2019
www.twitch.tv
Let me summarize my experience so far, first of all im a Experienced Builder (when it comes to Mid and Big Towers),
This Case is a breeze to build in, the only part where I had trouble was with the PCI-E Riser (more specific bending them), im not familiar with them, so I obviously went on it with probably to much caution (not saying you should go ham on them), better safe then sorry i thought.
I also realised that cable management in such a tiny room takes up a good anmount of time.
And I found out that If you remove the shroud from the AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler that comes some of the lower end AMD CPU's (like my R5 3600) it actually fits the Dan A4 quite good. (Also smh removing the shroud does lower the noise but increase the temps by a tiny anmount).

Some general tips for others:
If you wanna install a fan under the Mainboard Area, remove the Power Extension and PCI-E Riser first, its much easier that way.
Building in the following order was hassle free and fast for me: (Fans/SSD Drives) -> GPU -> Mainboard -> PSU

Reactions: SiKiaTriK

Mandalorian

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
Got my Case today :3 but cant close mainboard side panel yet cause they didnt had black ridge in stock.
i got bundle with black ridge, still considering to swap it for Asetek 645LT or Corsair H55 (itx gpu). 120mm AIO look easier to install, but my SF750 gets quite warm (fan kick in at 300w) and there is not much clearance between PSU and 120mm AIO mounting bracket, which could results in worse performance.
Optimum Tech confirmed lower temp with 645LT in his video. Cant wait to order custom PSU cables, even with Corsair braided cables its a mess.

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
@BennyBait: Please run CoreTemp while gaming or benchmarking an let us now what it display for the Value Power this is the current TDP.
The AIO fan should pull air through the AIO.

@dondan

After this I am now currently testing inverting the case and having the AIO fan and chassis fan exhaust air out the top - worked great in GPU benchmarking but less so in CPU benchmarking. I will have to test gaming later

Last edited:

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
i got bundle with black ridge, still considering to swap it for Asetek 645LT or Corsair H55 (itx gpu). 120mm AIO look easier to install, but my SF750 gets quite warm (fan kick in at 300w) and there is not much clearance between PSU and 120mm AIO mounting bracket, which could results in worse performance.
Optimum Tech confirmed lower temp with 645LT in his video. Cant wait to order custom PSU cables, even with Corsair braided cables its a mess.

I recently realised that Optimum Tech only gets good CPU results with the 645LT because he is using a blower GPU - the open air GPU blows hot air onto the AIO and causes heatsoak everywhere, even if you have it sucking air in from under the case. This is a problem I am currently trying to combat. Just a heads up as it might be helpful information to you.